“Great experience”

Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Valencia
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel in terms of accommodation, food and service. Very nice SPA and very cute and friendly staff. Been to many hotels in Valencia and this is by far the best. Great location and possible to get parking place

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Emil81
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding our property.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you as our guest and we wish you visit us soon again.

Receive my kindest regards,

Vicente Juanis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited for 3 nights to celebrate our birthdays. The location was perfect, not too close to the centre but within walking distance. We were upgraded to a deluxe room with a small balcony, very modern and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant when we arrived, for convenience, but the food was overpriced in my opinion. Unfortunately, didn't get to use the spa area but it looked first class for such a small hotel. I have rarely had such a peaceful night's sleep in a hotel, and that was during the festival of Las Fallas! Happy times, would definitely return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lorrainebo
Dear Lorraine,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment your stay through Tripadvisor.

Then, I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed a pleasant and relaxing stay in our property (although in Valencia we were celebrating Las Fallas Festival, with lots of people and noise in the street)

Looking forward to your next visit, receive my kindest regards,

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Simply perfection in hospitality ! A warm welcome on arrival, a beautiful room elegantly decorated and perfectly equipped and a fantastic breakfast in a relaxing atmosphere and excellent service.
Special thanks to all the staff and Ignacio the Manager who impressed us with his attention to detail and friendliness .

Room Tip: Superior room is great
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Priamos
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our property.

I am proud to read that everything during your stay was as wonderful as you expected, we always try to do our best to make our guests feel they are special.

I really hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Yours faithfully,

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We've just spent a wonderful weekend there and I must say that we didn't expect that quality of service as hotels are generally bad in Spain. The hotel is perfectly located to visit the center as well as the city of sciences which is just a 25-min walk from there. The staff is very kind. We got upgrade to a large room with terrace which was just perfect. Quality products were provided in bathroom. Breakfast was also of high quality. There's also a SPA with jacuzzi, hammam and sauna. We definitely have nothing to complain about. Well, my gf wasn't really satisfied by the massage as she got something else than what I booked, but I didn't have any problem with mine, I'd just say that it was a bit cold there. Overall, we had a very great time there. Definitely the best hotel we've tried so far in Spain.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Julien_Palma
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Julien,

Thank you so much for your nice comments regarding our property.

I am proud to read that you think our hotel is the best you have tried in Spain!! I just can say thank you for that, this kind of comments help our team to continue working hard to improve our service.

Please, I remain at your disposal if you would like to come back to Valencia in the coming future.

Ignacio Zoco.
Leucate, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Beautiful building with some lovely features. Really good position, in a quiet street, but easy walking to everything.
Big room, big bathroom, but a strange layout. The staff where friendly and very helpful, especially with restaurant recommendations.
Breakfast was excellent.
Only one disappointment the pool was tiny and really shallow, not really for swiiming in, but my husband enjoyed the steam room and sauna.
Also we were very disappointed with the massage not very good for the money, but they did refund half the fee when we told the manager we were not impressed.

Room Tip: We had a lovely room at the back of the hotel on the second floor which got beautiful sunshine in th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aphrodite_gal
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your trust in Hospes Palau de la Mar for your last stay in Valencia.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed a pleasant stay, although the spa and massage have not reached your expectations.

About the spa, I agree it is small, but cosy and clean and I always say that we do not have a swimming pool, but a relaxing pool.

I wish that if you come back to Valencia you will choose once again our property because I will be very glad to welcome you back again.

Warm regards,

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel in the last week of August 2013 for 3 nights. The lobby is beautiful and the staff very helpful. However, the rooms are not by any stretch of the imagination 5 stars. The room was worn, small and cramped and there was a terrible smell in the room that I believe was associated with the recycled rubber that was part of the large blinds that covered the window. We mentioned this to the front desk and they didn't even bother to get back to us. We were only staying for a few nights so I didn't pursue it. When I compare this five star hotel to one like the Hotel Omm we stayed at when we visited Barcelona it doesn't even come close. Beware, this is not a five star hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard B
Dear Sir,

I am very sorry to read that you have not enjoyed your stay in our Hospes Palau de la Mar.

Please, accept my sincere apologies and I remain at your disposal if you plan to visit Valencia in the coming future in order to manage your reservation personally.

Maastricht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Nice place, relaxing massage, fantastic customer service! The location is close to the most important attractions. The staff made us feel just at home. I had some bad experiences in the past with hotels that were too busy to take care of guests properly however I didn't feel that here at all. Best service ever!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Marta,

I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding our property.

I am very proud of my team and to read that our service has reached your expectations is the best news for all of us. This kind of motivation help us to continue working hard and overcoming our goals.

Looking forward to welcome you back again in the coming future,