“Had our own private loft room!”

Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel
Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I recently spent a couple of nights at this city centre hotel. You wouldn't know from the street how lovely it is inside! It was such a great surprise to enter this modern, stylish hotel and we were given a very warm welcome. Our room was a very spacious room on the fifth floor, together with a huge bathroom. The only downside was not having a view outside, just large velux windows but at least we had plenty of light. If we'd been staying longer, I would have preferred a room with a view. Breakfast was buffet style and offered a great choice, all very tasty. It was very easy to walk into the old city centre so a very central location. We were never disturbed by noise from the outside though, probably because we were high up and without streetside windows. There is a lovely covered terrace at the back of the hotel, which unfortunately we didn't get to use as had other plans but if we stay here again, I'll make a point of having a drink or two out there!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the fifth floor - you forgo a view but its very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Madam:

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our Hospes Palau de la Mar with the Tripadvisor's readers. And, of course, I thank you for your kind comments regarding our property.

I am proud to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope to welcome you back soon in Valencia. It will be nice to get in contact with you for helping with your next reservation, and we can choose all together the most convenient room for a pleasant and quiet stay.

Please receive my best regards.

Vicente Juanis

Write a ReviewReviews (1,314)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Although I stayed There as a business traveller , but I felt it a very good hotel for a family stay , near the riverside ,city centre .nice room great breakfast , good ambience lounge and above all very nice staff, I suggest myself to plan a family vacation and enjoy the stay with this hotel

Room Tip: First floor room ,and specially opposite entrance
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Hospes Palau de la mar for your last stay in Valencia and for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor Community.

I will be very glad to welcome you if you come back with your family in the coming future. I am sure they will love our cosy city and we will make you again feel at home.

Receive my kindest regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Lovely old property with a modern renovation.

To start they gave us a room in the garden which was a bit like being in a converted garage under a house. Gracias pero non!

So we moved to a small but very nice room overlooking the main street.

Great locations to walk to city centre in 20mins the museusm etc at Ciudad del Artes or whatever its called.

Good friendly staff - We were in town to go to La Tomatina festival so when we walked back ito the hotel very drunk and covered in tomato, they were happy laugh it off. Bueno!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear guest
Thank you very much for your kind comments regards our location and staff. We hope to welcome you again in your next trip to Valencia.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here and I would go back. That's the first thing I have to say. I do think the management need to do something to sort out the noise that can be heard outside in the corridors. Especially from noisy staff. Clean an inexpensive (for a hotel that classes itself as 5 stars - not for those on a budget) In a good location. Not far from the City Center. On my last day I chose to have a bit of a lay in. I was woken up at 9am by one of the staff trying to get in to clean the room. Check out was at 12 noon. All in all a nice hotel and I did have a good experience. But some things do need to be addressed.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment your stay in our Hospes Palau de la Mar.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our property and in Valencia.

This information you have given is very important for us because it help us to improve our service in order to achieve the standards desired.

Receive my best regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend getaway to Valencia. It's nicely located near the old town and shopping district. The hotel is clean and its interior is very modern. We had a room with a double bed, bathroom with a view on the garden. The rooms have wooden floors, which make them a bit noisey, especially when your upstairs neighbour wears high heels...
Other than that the hotel is fine. Free wifi, helpful staff en well priced (package deal thru Expedia). Would definately stay here again when visiting Valencia another time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toetjesfreak

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding our property. I am very proud to read that Hospes Palau de la Mar has reached your expectations.

We really hope to welcome you back very soon.

Receive my best regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We visited Valencia for our honeymoon and stayed at the Hospes Palau which was central - airport, tube and a walk! a beautiful, quiet neighbourhood and a hotel that is contemporary and refined. We did change rooms as the advertised bath was not in the first room but then ended up in a massive room with bath that was wonderful and on the top floor of the hotel. We could walk everywhere - and found a lovely tapas bar that we frequented nightly just around the corner but the neighbourhood which is residential has many cafes, bars and restaurants all filled with locals and lovely to be away from the tourist centre. The foyer and bar and restaurant always seemed empty and very quiet and a bit intimidating so we did not take advantage of any of it.. a pity but not exactly warm and welcoming but really our only complaint.

Room Tip: ask for a room with bath or you will end up with only a shower and for that price you should have bo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor Community.

Your opinion is really important for us and I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed a pleasant stay in our hotel and in Valencia.

We are working in order to continue improving our services because our main goal is to meet your expectations.

Looking forward to your next visit to Valencia, receive my best regards,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel for a weekend with a friend. It was the second time we visited Valencia. The hotel is located near the city centre and the beach is round about 20 min by bus. The reception staff was very helpful and had some great ideas what to do in Valencia for the short time that we stayed. We visited some great places which weren't so touristic. The restaurant service was excellent and the food delicious especially the traditional valencian paella. The room had a great size with a view to the interior garden, so very quiet and relaxing. If I come back to Valencia i will definitely book this hotel again. Thank you for the great stay!

Room Tip: Deluxe Room with garden view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lachuca90
Palau_de_la_Mar, Director General at Hospes Palau de la Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your nice comments. It has been a pleasure to assist you during your visit, and I hope you could return to the hotel soon.

Kindest regards