“November 2013 experience”

Ranked #22 of 100 Hotels in Valencia
Wembley, United Kingdom
“November 2013 experience”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Don't visit Petit Palace Valencia at present. Currently situated in a building site. No proper access and noisy machinery until probably Christmas. If you already have a booking they will not bother to warn you. If you ask them why they didn't let you know, they lie and tell you the work only just started.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank GhezziBrian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I think there may have been something lost in the translation of 'high tech'; though the hotel was certainly modern and well designed, we definitely felt it wast exactly as technologically advanced as it claims to be. To connect to the Wi-Fi, you're given a unique password, which would have been great if it actually worked. We gave up in the end and used the communal computers in the lobby. The 'hydro massage shower' was admittedly good, but the overhead shower head was green with limescale - could certainly have done with a good clean!

Their website advertises 'TV with international channels' - unless they were only including Spanish speaking countries in 'international', this isn't correct. In room information pack there was a list of what was included in the mini-bar: sadly, ours only had bottles of water and Fanta Limon, not the crisps, nuts and selection of drinks promised.

The buffet breakfast was well priced (7€ per person) and supplied everything typical of a continental breakfast (pastries, toast, cold meats, cheeses, cereals etc.), as well as attempting to please any British or American visitors with eggs, cooked bacon, beans and sausages. We didn't try the room service food, but the menu looked interesting. Mostly sushi, which is probably not what you'd want when visiting Valencia, but there were a few Western options too.

The staff were helpful and polite and all spoke good English, which was very helpful considering my awful Spanish. The was also a lot of tourist information/literature available in the lobby.

I thought the ten minute walk to the center of the old town (Placa de l'Ajuntament/Plaza de la Reina/Plaza de la Virgen) was great. The five or so minute walk to the Xativa metro station (in front of the Estacio Nord) makes the hotel ideally situated to get to the beach or to/from the airport. I agree that the area could seem a little seedy/run down, but we didn't mind, and certainly didn't feel at all intimated.

Overall, not a bad hotel, but certainly not all it was advertised as.

Room Tip: Each floor seems to have one room facing, not onto the square like the other rooms but, onto the bac...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee S
Ana S, Gerente at Petit Palace Ruzafa, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to know that we met your expectations and that our location.

We regret, however, that certain details were not entirely to your liking. With this in mind we would like to inform you that we take note of each and every guest´s observations/ complaints/ suggestions/comments always with the aim of improving.

Dublin
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Petit Palace are a range of High Tech (which means they're modern) hotels sprinkled all over Spain. I've only stayed in this one in Valencia but I loved it. I few people have criticised the for being too dark, but I love that. The first thing I do when I get to a hotel is draw the shades, then turn on the lights and make the place real cozy! The decor here is dark wood, dark ceilings, and lots of chrome and mirrors. Mirrors on the walls, mirrors over the bed, I kid you not! loved it!

There were more chrome lamps coming out of more nooks and crannies than you could shake a stick at. It was like being inside the Tardis (what I imagine it to be like ayway!). The bathroom had a kind of half door (old wild west style) of frosted glass, and inside everything was silver and sparkly. The shower has to be the best one I've been in, like ever! The black ceiling has recess lights, which I think make the picture of a plough (maybe this is not deliberate) but it seems to be a night sky theme going on. I loved it all. The room was also very spacious with lots of lockers, and glass-fronted cuboards. There was a safe in the room, openable by lazer only.

The staff at the PP are super friendly too, and helpful about what to do in Valencia. They provide a free bicycle service which I didn't avail of. The buffet breakfast was very good too. The orange juice particularly good.

Drawbacks: this hotel is right at the back of Joaquin Sorolla train station so the area is a bit run down, dirty and with too much graffiti. I wouldn't say it was menacing but you were looking over your shoulder a lot. Actually, the whole of Valancia is "seedy" and the red light area seems to stretch to everywhere. Beautiful attractions though, especially Station Nord.

The Petit Palace is a 10 minute walk (I timed it) from the centre. Don't let me put you off, it's not bad if there are a group of people. Maybe not the best location for staying on your own. But I really recommend the hotel itself.

One last thing, the 'Georgian' front you may be expecting which they show on the net is not what you will be confronted with when you reach Valencia. Instead you'll be met with a dour glass facade on the corner of Germanias, and Dien. That beautiful front, reserved for the internet, apparently is the parent hotel in Madrid. Just wanted to clear that up!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Eoin M

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 30 July 2013 via mobile

We visited the hotel for two weeks in July 2013 after our booking im March during las Fallas.

First impression was a very nice hotel, english speaking reception and nice rooms!

Nice rooms, especially when you have a terrace
Location
English speaking reception
Rooms were cleaned every day well

We had no luck with the matras on our bed. We got directly another room but the same day they put already new guests in the room with the bad matras (bed)
Not really High Tech; the power went down several times during our visit (also at night, then your room is illuminated with temporary power lights!)
Not really High Tech; Wifi works very slow, and they had several problems by printing tickets for Wifi access

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Raymond M

Altea, Spain
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Found this to be a good hotel and fantastic reception staff who were very helpful. The air con in our room was not working and our room was changed right away without any fuss. Rooms are ok but as said in other comments getting in and out of shower difficult. Did not really like the area and prefer the location of the sister hotel Petit Palace Bristol as it is more central. Parking is in a car park across the road so easy to find.
Breakfast was ok in a small area by the side of reception with an average choice but several cafes around if you do not want to pay extra at the hotel

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Isabel R, Online Sales Deparment at Petit Palace Ruzafa, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your very complimentary review of High Tech Hotels. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed our rooms and services.
I look forward to meeting you upon your return.

Kindest regards.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I feel bad for having to pick this place apart, but I think you can find much better value elsewhere. If it were one little thing, I would have let this go, but it was so many little things, it made the whole experience unpleasant.
- Breakfast good, but overpriced for what you get.
- High-tech concept falls short. Connecting to the internet is anything but easy. They issue you a code for each device, which you need every time you log-on. Really? They say it's for security reasons. Other hotels have figured this out, why not them?
- Rooms are dark and cavernous and poorly decorated, and the lighting is awful. I would have done better with my head-lamp as a reading lamp then the one they had. Beds are hard and felt like sleeping on nails. Can't keep the window open because of the noise, so I slept with the A/C going and froze. I asked for an extra blanket, but never got one (would explain my cold) The room doors slam shut and will wake you when your neighbors come back. The housekeeping staff are loud in the morning. The work station is a bench pushed up against the wall and has the TV in your face which gives you no room to work.
-Bathroom is a liability and dangerous. You could easily slip and crack your head open on the vanity while trying to get out of the tub. I slipped and have a gash on my knee to show for it, If you have mobility issues, go elsewhere.
-Then was the issue of billing my breakfast to the room...but I'll stop here.

*sigh*

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank squeezyb
Istanbul
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel in October. Location is very close to Russafa region and only 10 minutes walking distance to central train station.
Hotel staff was helpful but in order to say "friendly", they should be more smiling and helping to guests.
I stayed at 6th floor where rooms have nice terraces with large city view.
Bathroom was a bit complicated to use, as already mentioned in most of the reviews. But apart from that, it was clean and comfortable.
Room was big enough and comfortable. There was no noise coming from the street but noise coming from cleaning staff talking & walking along the corridor in the morning.
Although the hotel chain is named as "High Tech Hoteles", do not expect any high-tech ambiance in the room.
There was only a laptop free of use which is also fine.
And they have bikes which are free of charge for hotel guests.
In overall, it's a good value especially in low season. I can recommend if you are not chasing after luxury or more comfort.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Isabel R, Sales Department at Petit Palace Ruzafa, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear client:
Thank you very much for you comment about our Hotel Petit Palace Germanías.
We will bear in mind your comment about the cleaning staff we will do our best to improve in this issue. Your feedback helps us to improve every day.
We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.
Kindest regards.