“Sadly wasn't what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ilunion Valencia 4

Ilunion Valencia 4
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Valencia
South Florida, Florida
“Sadly wasn't what I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

First off, the staff is absolutely lovely, and with any hotel experience, that carries the most weight. I have zero complaints when it comes to their kindness and willingness to help - always greeted me by name and with big smiles. Additionally, location wise it is great for those who don't necessarily want to be in the center of things but want the convenience of being close enough to the action. Even better if you like to walk since the hotel is on the main road into town and Valencia is such an easy walking city you can get to the beach in just an hour by foot. For those not used to walking, the metro is literally around the corner and you can get anywhere very quickly. Those are the positives. Sadly however, there are negatives. First off, if you plan on spending any more than a night or two, you will find it extremely difficult to put your clothes away. It is impossible to unpack as there are no drawers to put anything in and the room for hanging clothes is extremely minimal. I had clothes laying everywhere. I was there for six nights and it was apparent that my bed was only made each morning, and not changed, which I simply did not understand. The pillows were absolutely horrendous and my neck and back are still in pain because of them. The housekeeping manager comes to check on the rooms to see if they've been made but came into my room twice without knocking, very inappropriate. Even though the staff who man the bar/restaurant are nice, they are never around. Not once during my entire stay was I greeted and asked if I wanted anything. I had to ask the front desk repeatedly to call them to help me. And once they did, they never returned to follow up and getting the bill took just as long. Attentiveness is not one of their strong points. Perhaps when there is something happening at the Palacio de Congresos up the street and the hotel is busier, the hotel ups its game, however, my stay was less than pleasant unfortunately and when I return to Valencia will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank gensnimica
Confortel G, Gerente at Ilunion Valencia 4, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Gregg,

First of all, I would like to thank you for choosing us to stay in Valencia and for your review.
First of all I want to thank you for choosing us to stay in Valencia and taking the time to share your experience with us.
I was sorry to read you did not feel confortable in your room because of the pillow and the lack of drawers, we are working to make improvements in our rooms.
Regarding to the housekeeping and the restaurant service your feedback has been shared with the whole staff so that we can work on improving our service.

Yours sincerely,
Mar Almagro, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Nakano-ku, Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

The guys at the reception are very kind, and speaks English very well. The room was clean and comfortable and had sufficient equipments. WiFi signals was good. The most advantage of staying this hotel is the location. The metro station, Beniferri, is very close to here. So I could easily go to Valencia's downtown. Moreover, the Palacio de Congresos de Valencia is also very easy to access (about 10 minutes walk maximum.)

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank osamu620
Confortel G, Gerente at Ilunion Valencia 4, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your commentaries and for dedicating us part of your time.
We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate our staff and rooms.
As indicated, the metro station just 5 minutes makes this a comfortable hotel to visit the downtown of Valencia

Your feedback is very important for us and it will help us to continue improving the service that we provide.
We hope to see you again in our hotel on your next visit to Valencia.

Kind Regards,
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in January. Its a beautiful hotel but was advertised as a four star but its has to be 3 star. It shares a building with 2 other hotels which one of then was differently the 4 star one. The staff were really nice and spoke Spanish, English and Valencian.The hotel is an excellent location as it is 2 mins walk to the metro but if your going for nitelife this hotel would be to far from the city centre. a taxi from "Plaza de la Reina" was €12. We did not have breakfast and the bar never seemed to be open. It was very quiet when we stayed there as we were there for 3 nights and never seen a single guest.The rooms were beautifully decorated but the en-suite was smaller than the average.There was no welcome pack with hotel information in the room just a very over price room service menu. There were 3 complimentary bottles of water in the mini fridge which were restocked.The TV had a great selection of channels with various language options. Overall this was a lovely hotel but really not up to 4 stars yet.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Confortel G, Gerente at Ilunion Valencia 4, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Confortel Valencia.
We are really happy you did enjoy your stay with us and appreciate our rooms, location and the staff.
Your assessment has been shared with the whole team in order to keep improving.
We hope to see you again in our hotel on your next visit to Valencia.

Kind regards,

Turks and Caicos
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Rooms had no blankets for second bed no coffee or tea in room just a kettle, heating system smelt bad when turned on. Room service food was cold and not cooked no exchange or refund for food would not recommend staying here with family. been traveling with family for 12 weeks one of the worst hotels we stayed at.

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Jamie W
Confortel G, Gerente at Ilunion Valencia 4, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your valuable feedback is very important for us and it will help us to improve the service we provide.

Your assessment has been shared with the whole staff in order to improve as we strive on our goal, meet all our guest´s needs and expectations and I am really sorry we did not meet yours.

Please accept my apologises and I hope to see you again in our hotel on your next visit to Valencia.

We remain at your disposal,