My wife and I spent a week at this impressive luxury hotel on the beachfront in Valencia.
The location is stunning but make sure you book a beach facing room as those facing the city only have a very very small balcony.
Its a 15 minute tram / metro ride until you are in the bustling centre of valencia and we really loved the beach / city holiday vibe, enjoying breakfast in the city watching valencians ( is that right) go by .
Another must see place is the City of Science and Arts withs its Space 1999 arcitecture and nearby aquarium . It really feel like you are on the film set of a sci fi movie.
Back ti the hotel, it is a beautifully built hotel , and deserves its luxury status but if course that means its pricey with breakfast if not part of your deal costing €23 each, plus the restaurant offers snacks at €10 - €30 and I have to say it was not in the same class as the hotel itself taking cost into account.
The grounds and outdoor pool are great with the elevated pool looking out to sea, and based on the old pool that used to be on the site in a stunning deco style ( although the diving boards are just for aesthetic and are not usable) . Best time for us as not being mega sun worshipped in the July heat was from 5 pm to close at 8 pm as there were only a handful of guests by the pool.
Another great facility was the spa , indoor pool and gym. This is located beneath the pool and is of an almost organic style of design , the gym having a few loose weights , and decent cycling, and running machines with complimentary fruit and drinks for users.
The hotel is also immaculately clean, you really could eat your dinner off the toilet floors.
So in summary a truly excellent hotel that could do with a bit of character, the staff were helpful but being large the hotel did bit have that friendly feel you get in some places. The food could be either slightly better or a big more tasty , but if you use it as a base to explore Valencua then thus is a great place to come back to and enjoy the far reaching views of the sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Las Arenas Spa Resort Hotel, the first 5 star Deluxe hotel in the Valencia region, design has consciously been taken into account so that it opens out onto the sea in the city of Valencia. This hotel, only a few minutes walk from the city centre, enjoys a privileged location on Las Arenas beachfront, looking out over the sea.Most of the 253 rooms and suites have bathrooms with hydromassage cabins and baths, plasma TV and satellite, WiFi Internet access and CD player. Most rooms also feature large terraces overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK) and Southall Travel so you can book your Hotel Las Arenas Balneario Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Las Arenas Balnerario Valencia
- Hotel Las Arenas Balneario