“Don't leave money in the safety deposit”

Hotel Melia Valencia
Ranked #10 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I left my money in my safety deposit and I got stolen 150 EUR. The manager was unhelpful and she told me that apart from myself nobody could possibly open the safety deposit.They did not contact the police because this is 'my problem'.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Rrrrrrvvvvv
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear@Rrrrrrvvvvv

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are obviously disappointed with your feedback about your last experience with us and I wish to express my apologies like I did directly to you. As soon you informed us we started with an investigation to be able to give you an answer to you.

Like I informed to you after went to the room to verify that the safebox was working correctly and we couldn’t find any failure in the system. We also check all the entrance in your room with the same result, We offer you the possibility to go to the police station and we provide all facilities for this.

I apologize and we will take seriously your comments and we will make sure that we follow our procedure in this case will contact you if we have any other information.

Thank you again for your time and please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further information you may need it.

Meliá Valencia

Write a ReviewReviews (2,523)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good stay, comfortable and large rooms (paid a little extra for a double room with a view). Breakfast had lots on offer, decent selection of cereals, fresh fruit and pastries. Convenient location, with the tram stop being just around the corner; would recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear@bert_gab

Thank you for your kind review! It is a great pleasure to know that you liked your stay in Valencia.

I appreciated your comments concerning our breakfast with more than 150 products.

I would like to recommend you our Aqua restaurant a la carte for your next visit to test our Mediterranean food.

It will be a pleasure to share your opinion with our team and please don’t hesitate to contact with us over our guest experience team and we will assist you in futures reservation.

Thanks again for your review.

Best regards

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We waited forever to check-in while the solo receptionist took her time flirting and cooing over a group of brits obviously on a bucks night/getaway. Thankfully after a about ten minutes another girl turned up, apologised profusely and looked after us. We took a hunch and booked a cityview room, which was lovely at night although we were facing towards the outer edges of the city instead of inwards like I requested. Breakfast was ok but quite pricey so we headed in to town for the bakeries and teneded to eat out. Wine list at the bar was a waste os space but there's a great wine bar a minute down the street so we stopped in there on the way back each night. Lifts are extremely slow, particularly if there's a conference group staying at the hotel and all wanting to go up/down at the same time.
This all said, the room was quiet, well appointed, the internet was fast, the bedding good and the location actually suited us well as it was quiet through the fireworks festival. So yes we'd be back but there's still some things for the hotel to improve.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Skydivej

Dear@Skydivej

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that in general you appreciate our rooms .

Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We will take your comments to improve our services and offer our guest the best experience in our hotel..

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further information you may need it.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We are planning a night in Valencia and were interested in the Melía because of its mid way location between airport and town. Then we started checking out the reviews of recent customers. We were quickly impressed with the fact that Cristina Doro, the Customer Experience Manager, is replying to almost everyone's comments, both positive and negative. Cristina obviously takes her job seriously, and more importantly the Melía group seems to consider Customer Experience a priority. Now there is not doubt for me that we will be staying at the Melía at the end of July, because I know that Cristina will ensure that we have a good time. More hotels should be this responsive. I know this isn't a standard review, but Tripadvisor doesn't seem to offer a standard messaging tool.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eli D
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear@Elid

Thank you for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor!

I really appreciate your comments which certainly motivate me to believe every day in my job.

I am fortunate to have the oportunity to learn every day from positive or negative opinions who help us to improve our service or to carry on with the positive action to make the most important things ,the satisfaction of our guest.

Thank you again for your nice review and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you personally in a near future and to have the same kind of opinion after your stay in our hotel, please don’t hesitate to contact with me over our guest experience department and i will assist you in futures reservation.

We hope to welcome you very soon.

Have a nice weekend!!!

Melia Valencia

Reviewed 28 May 2014

i spent 4 nights here in may and couldn't have been more pleased. although not located in old town i found the location ideal for my visit. there is a metro stop at benneferri which is a very short walk.and 3 stops to old city. there are several excellent restaurants across the road and i highly recommend cortes 39. the room was large clean and very modern the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful. Eduardo went out of his to make us feel at home and gave us clear directions to many of valencias sites and restaurants.

Room Tip: high floors for awesome view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear@marciag21

I appreciated your comments concerning our rooms but I feel really happy with your opinion about our staff, especially your opinion concerning the suggestion that Eduardo gave to you making your stay more special.

Thanks again for your review.

Best regards

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel million is a beautiful hotel located near the conference center. It has a beautiful modern touch and the staff is beautiful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. Everything's appears to be upscale but when you look closer you find your overpaying for a nice room.
I always judge a hotel by it's toiletries. The quality of the shampoo, conditioner and lotion tells me a lot about the hotel and whether it really values my experience. The quality of the toiletries is that of a three star hotel. While the bathrooms were big and were very modern, the shower leaked into the main bathroom area. The shower temperature barely was warm. The sheets and bedding were nice. I don't feel like they were changed the first night. I started leaving a euro or two for the staff and they did better. They did not clean like a four star five star hotel though.

Let's talk about the mini bar. It drives me crazy that you can spend hundreds of dollars a night for a hotel room and they want to charge you €5.5 for a bottle of water that you can buy around the corner €.93. And this is a prime example of an upscale hotel who is so full of itself and so disrespectful of its clienteles finances. This is not customer service this is taking advantage of your customer.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Brian S
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear@brians

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that in general you appreciate our hotel and the friendly of our staff .

Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We will take seriously your comments and we will make sure that we follow our standards concerning the amenities in our rooms.

Thank you again for your comments that will be taken in account to improve the guest experiences in our hotel.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nice hotel but a bit far from a city center. You have a better choice if thinking to explore the city. But what is upsetting is the reception staff. They are useless and having troubles with english. You would not expect that kind of services and attitude for this kind of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank Michal T
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear@MichalT

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post you review.

We are obviously disappointed with your feedback about your last experience with us and I wish to express my apologies; as we have not delivered our usual high standards to which you deserve.

Concerning the comments about the procedure and language of some of our staff please don’t hesitate to contact me over the guest experience department and it will be a pleasure to receive more information about this.

Thank you again for your time and I very much hope to see you back at Melia Valencia!

Sincerely