“AWSOME”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Delhi
“AWSOME”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We were going to ibiza and we had to stop over via Valencia and melia Valencia was absolutely amazing. Great rooms, service is fairly good. The only downfall was the location. A bit far but if you are going to valencia. THIS IS THE PLACE YOU SHOULD STAY

• Stayed June 2014
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear@Riyaan140

Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor.

I’m glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in Meliá Valencia. We are trying hard to give the best service to our guests, thank you for appreciating it.

Thank you for recommending our hotel to the next travelers.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you personally in future in Meliá Valencia.

Best regards

Meliá Valencia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We are currently moving to valencia and spent a week here in May, we speak very little Spanish, however this did NOT create a large problem with any staff that we encountered, including maintenance and house keeping who spoke even less English than we did Spanish, room was clean and well presented and the breakfast buffet was very good with a wide variety. I found the food reasonably priced including room service which we used twice and they were also very prompt with the order. Value for money here is excellent, the hotel and service is much better than I expected for the price , I would dare say it is a 3 to 4 star hotel at a 2 star price, we have booked to stay with them again for our final transition to valencia.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Bahamain
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear@Bahamain

Thank you for sharing your opinion on tripadvisor.

I´m glad to know that you had a good experience in our hotel.

I´ll transmit your comments about our service, cleanliness of the rooms and quality of the breakfast to our team.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you personally on your next visit to our hotel.

Please don´t hesitate to contact me for any further information you may need it.

Kind regards

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Air conditioning did not work in the room when we arrived. Bellman was offered as source of solution but there was only one available and he was unloading a tourist bus. FINALLY persuaded the front desk to allow us to change rooms after a long wait. Number of personnel were inadequate to handle workload. This was evident when the occupancy was low as well as when the hotel was handling a convention at another time during our stay in Valencia

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear@Bobh

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We will take your comments to improve our services and offer our guest the best experience in our hotel..

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further information you may need it.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed four nights in the hotel. Overall a good business hotel but room for improvement

Pro
-convenient location for airport, conference centre and city centre
-water kettle in room (with a sign to use only bottled water)
-satisfying breakfast
-functional rooms
-free wifi

Cons
-long wait for check in and for elevators
-reception staff not very polite or helpful
-no bathrobe or slippers in room
-no free bottled water (there is a supermarket down the road)
-a bit erratic house keeping: kettle in room was left filled with cleaning liquid on one occasion causing it to boil over; tea and coffee in room only replenished once
-terrible orange juice for breakfast which normally would not bother me but this is Valencia
-I was told on two occasions that a late check out would not be possible because the hotel is fully booked. While I would understand this the hotel website was still selling rooms for that night and a friend was offered a late check out and declined. Shame because I would have been happy to pay for that.

The hotel really needs to work on its service. I will probably pick a different hotel next time.

2 Thank Travelingbiz
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear@travelingbiz

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that in general you appreciate our hotel.

Your opinion is very important to us and we would like to thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. We will take seriously your comments and we will make sure that we follow our standards.

I will share you coments with the departments involved to improve all our services.

Thank you again for your comments that will be taken in account to improve the guest experiences in our hotel.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further information or assistance you may need it.

Valencia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Good halfway point from Portugal to France. Excellent place to chill out and unwind before driving again. Substantial gym with treadmills cross trainer and weights. Good bar food and very reasonably priced. Have been going for 3 years now.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

Dear@peters

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, the hotel facilities and staff services.

I really appreciated that you visit us from 3 years and I would be very happy if you visit us for 4 years and more…

Please don’t hesitate to contact with us over our guest experience team and we will assist you in futures reservation.

Best Regards

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed on 11th floor with really nice view. The staff members are nice and helpful. Although it's a few blocks away from the old town which is the main touristic area, you can get a bus or a taxi right outside of the hotel, so it's not a huge problem. It would've been perfect if they gave you a complimentary bottle of water every day...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear@sojungK

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We are glad we were able to satisfy all your expectations during your experience in our hotel.

In your next visit to one of our hotels you can have the fidelity card Meliá rewards and you will have one bottle of water each time that you stay in our hotels.

Please contact me if you need any kind of assistance in future reservations.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future and it will be a pleasure to welcome you personally.

Best Regards

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I left my money in my safety deposit and I got stolen 150 EUR. The manager was unhelpful and she told me that apart from myself nobody could possibly open the safety deposit.They did not contact the police because this is 'my problem'.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Rrrrrrvvvvv
Cristina D, Guest Experience Manager at Hotel Melia Valencia, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear@Rrrrrrvvvvv

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are obviously disappointed with your feedback about your last experience with us and I wish to express my apologies like I did directly to you. As soon you informed us we started with an investigation to be able to give you an answer to you.

Like I informed to you after went to the room to verify that the safebox was working correctly and we couldn’t find any failure in the system. We also check all the entrance in your room with the same result, We offer you the possibility to go to the police station and we provide all facilities for this.

I apologize and we will take seriously your comments and we will make sure that we follow our procedure in this case will contact you if we have any other information.

Thank you again for your time and please don’t hesitate to contact me for any further information you may need it.