“Great hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Valencia, Spain
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Nice and modern, clean rooms, great bathroom. Parking is a bit of a challenge as the receptionists don't seem to know how to handle the ticketing system, but we managed to resolve this on day 2.
Great location, there is a bus which takes you to the old town in a few minutes time directly in front of the hotel.
The rooms can be quite noisy as not all the double-glazed windows close properly, but we are quite sensitive and it might not bother you if you are not a light sleeper.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

since my friend and I didn't know Valencia at all we booked a random hotel. Luckily, we made a right chose with Barcelo hotel. The hotel is nice and modern, staff professional and helpful, perfect location and amazing view from the terrasse.. I would come back there again and recommend to the others

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Giedre T
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Right from the moment I arrived I knew it was a mistake. There is no place to park in front of the hotel for drop off pick up so we went to the garage which needed a complicated equation to get in and out. During check in the staff was careless and indifferent when I asked if someone can help us with our luggage the answer was no although they were attending to the luggage of a group of tourists arriving by bus at the same time. The rooms are quirky in a bad way, the bathroom is part of the room and the glass door is see through!!!! I wonder how they got away with it all this time. The breakfast staff was one person who was overwhelmed and dismissive. When checking out the card for opening the garage door didn't work I had to go to the front desk three times to make them open the door and they were not helpful at all. If I had a choice between sleeping in my car and staying in this hotel next time I would without doubt sleep in my car!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oibhais
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Good Barcelo hotel situated beside the Palau de les Arts. The hotel is a 5-10 minute taxi ride into the old town or the beach - therefore a good location. If you wanted you could walk to each location, however it was very hot when we were there, so a 6-7 euro taxi ride felt like the best idea! Lovely views from our room looking over onto the Palau de les Arts - nice having this area on the doorstep of the hotel, great to explore. Overall nice, modern hotel, unfortunately when we visited the the spa was undergoing renovations.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gary O
St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

We booked this hotel because of its location opposite the science museum and opera house etc - but we were delighted with the modern design elements of the hotel, great and cheap parking and a fairly easy 20 minute stroll into the centre. The room was great and the deal was exceptional value! We would definately use again when we return to this vibrant city.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Katy P
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Last year my review of the holiday inn valencia was titled "enough is enough" however this year I say "cannot get enough" of hotel Barcelo Valencia. Fantastic family room on floor 7, the best breakfast I've ever had in a Spanish hotel and great customer service. Ok there's a couple of minor gripes - no space to drive up to the hotel and unload (we used the taxi bay as we arrived after 23:00) and a few signs of wear and tear, but nothing that would stop me going back. I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Mark_O_M_London
Windham NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Modern, clean hotel with great staff in a wonderful location. That said, there are some things I would change if I were the Barcelo family: all rooms have glass toilet doors. The hotel is as practical as a Callatrava design...a triumph of 'cool design' over function. My elderly mother had to change rooms because she couldn't get into the bath to take a shower. The free internet access is as slow as a snail, and each device (phone, iPad) needs its own password, and if you move from one floor to another, or wait more that 5 minutes, you have to sign in again. The room air conditioning keeps turning off. The shower was too cool for satisfaction the first two days, then scolding hot the third day. The parking tickets simply don't work. If you leave your room and take your room key with you (!) the power in your room is switched off...so your cell phone stops charging and guess what...the air conditioning is off. On the plus side, the breakfast was decent.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family