“Excellent hotel”

The Westin Valencia
Ranked #12 of 98 Hotels in Valencia
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Rooms were spacious, staff was super friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location. I haven't stayed anywhere is in Valencia but i don't think you can go wrong in booking the Westin Valencia.

Just make sure you are aware of the cost of breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank WKEM
Write a ReviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed 9 July 2011

According to my Spanish friend in Valencia, the Westin Hotel is the top hotel in the city. And it is true. The hotel is beautiful. It was in a historic building. The staff at the hotel are the best, from the front door, the concierge to the staff at the reception and the restaurant, and the staff at the spa are all extremely friendly and helpful. They are all very personable. I travel a lot and stay at many different hotels in the past. The staff at this hotel are one of the best that I have seen. I have to give them the credit.

The hotel has a full spa in the basement, with a swimming pool, hamam and steam room. If you want a massage or facial, you can get it. It has a full gym as well. I was quite surprised by how nice they were.

The hotel has a garden restaurant in the middle. It's very relaxing just to have some coffee or cocktail in a hot day. The breakfast was good as well.

It's located right next to the center riverbed park. You can rent a bike at the Mega Bike store a block away and bike around the city. Taxi is cheap there and the taxi drivers are very honest and nice as well. If you need a taxi, the concierge can get you one within a minute.

Overall, I had a very good experience with Westin Valencia. I will definitely stay there again when I go back to Valencia.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank resakille
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This hotel has really earned its five star rating. The room is huge, with a large sitting area, desk, separate space for closet, toilet and bath. It does have a large shower in addition to a bathtub. The bath area has two sinks.
The room is well-decorated and extremely clean. The staff is very friendly

Room Tip: Be a starwood preferred member
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank StateEmployee1948
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The hotel is a short walk away from the Metro on lines 3&5 (Alameda station), which made it very easy and cheap to get to from the airport (2.95 Euros) The trains depart every 20 minutes and a seat is guaranteed from the airport. The hotel is in an ideal location if you want to explore all of Valencia.

We stayed in a deluxe twin room, which was luxurious. The staff were all very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We took breakfast outside in the courtyard and made the most of the lovely weather! Staff were always circulating to fill up our coffee cups and glasses with fresh orange juice. There was everything you could possibly want for breakfast. Fresh fruits, cooked breakfasts, cold meats, cheeses, omlettes, pastries, bread and cava to start off the day!

I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and will stay there again if I ever return to Valencia.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank BrammieBucks
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My brother and I stayed here in June 2011 for a 5 day break. The room was clean, tidy and very well equipped. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and found the service too be great (English is widley spoken for non Spanish Speakers) with a good selection of food. We ate out primarily in Gino's (a spanish italian chain) as my brother is a veggie but the food in the Restaurant Marino was excellent for a one off (it was slightly over priced for a nightly visit).

The hotel is located near the football stadium but close to both Alemeda and Aragon metro stations, although we found it easier to use Alemeda. Most of the attractions are within a 30 minute walk (so take good walking shoes) although having walked to the beach I would reccomend taking the metro-tram there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The Westin Valencia is the hotel of my dreams. It is the perfect mix of luxury and service. I spent only 3 days in Valencia during our European trip, opting for 5 days in each of Paris, Barcelona and Madrid. I wish that I had planned many more days in Valencia since there is so much more to do and the people of Valencia are so friendly. The staff of the Westin Valencia were the epitome of this friendliness. From the moment of arrival at Westin Valencia, every staff member, from the bell captains to the front desk to the restaurant personnel and all of the managers made each of us feel like we were dignitaries. The friendliest staff in all of Europe, EVERYONE at Westin Valencia went out of their way to make us feel at home and individually important to them.
We had mistakenly thought that traveling by train between Barcelona, Valencia and Madrid was the quickest and most efficient means of travel. After lugging six large pieces of luggage and five oversized “carry-on’s” (my wife packs the kitchen sink on every trip!) onto the crowded train between Barcelona and Valencia, we knew we had to do something different between Valencia and Madrid. Lisbeth from the front desk worked tirelessly for two days giving us our different options and attempting to get us a refund on the train tickets. We finally settled on airline tickets and she made the complete reservation and purchase for us.
Once in the rooms, we were shocked by the ultimate in size and luxury. We had been upgraded to a junior suite and a deluxe room – they were each about two-and-one-half the size of the rooms at Westin Paris. The suite even had a very large balcony that was by itself as large as the oversized room. The rooms were on the Starwood Preferred Guest floor, which was actually the nicest floor of rooms, as opposed the SPG floor in Westin Paris, which was one of the floors with the worst rooms in the hotel. The furnishing at Westin Valencia were very luxurious. The smallest things of importance were considered; as an example, the bathrooms had 4 large towels each, as opposed to the 2 towels that we had become accustomed to at other Starwood properties.
There were two very good restaurants, plus a bar/café that served food between the usual meal times. The staff and managers at the Rosmarino’s were especially friendly and helpful. The meals were nearly half the cost of what we experienced at the other Starwood properties in Europe with a much better selection of entrees. There is a brunch served at Rosmarino’s for only 21 Euro that has everything you’d want to eat and more. (I had to forego the sparkling wine, or I’d never get out to see the city!)
If you’ve read my other reviews on TripAdvisor, you’ll note that I am not easily pleased and that I am always on the lookout for substandard accommodations and service. The Westin Valencia gave me nothing to latch onto in this regard, no matter how hard I looked. I am so impressed with the staff and accommodations of the Westin Valencia, as well as the world-class attractions of the city (visiting the Science museum with the kids is a MUST!) that I plan to come back to Valencia very soon – and skip the Paris were tourists are typically treated more like pieces of dirt and the restaurants serve food that is frankly, quite boring.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank radworkers
Reviewed 12 June 2011

When in Europe, I try not to stay at an "american" chain but considering that we had flown 10 hours overnight and then taken a 3 hour train ride, I thought we would like the heavenly bed, heavenly shower, etc. And we were not disappointed. We only stayed one night in Valencia on our way from Barcelona to the Costa Blanca and the Westin was a great location. It was central to everything and a gorgeous property. Thanks to the staff at the Westin!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple