“Decent food, ruined by bad service. ”

Arroceria La Valenciana
Ranked #474 of 4,495 Restaurants in Valencia
Price range: £17 - £22
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: La Seu
Description: Restaurant where you can taste the typical dishes of Valencia made in the most authentic way, especially the famous Valencian paella, and many other rices.
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

Decent food, horrendous service. We basically had to beg for the bill. No waiter to be seen for over 30 minutes. Other guests were annoyed as well. Such a shame. My compliments to the kitchen though, the problem lies elsewhere.

2  Thank 375jensd
EscuelaPaellas, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Arroceria La Valenciana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2016

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for not meeting your expectations as we usually do, as you can check with many of satisfactory comments that we receive. We shall keep on working hard to improve. Best regards.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

This was the best Paella that my friends and I had while in Spain. Perfectly seasoned and cooked - it wasn't super liquid-y like some other Paella we experienced.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank Jboy92

Thank you very much for your review. We promise keep on working hard to provide a high standard of quality at the same level of our clients. We hope to have you here again. Best regards.

Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

Everything seemed very nice and me and my girlfriend were very excited after seeing the food and having a nice beer. A waitress who could not speak English was exceptionally nice to us and provided good service. Then, a waiter who could speak English was assigned to our table. He started by clicking at me to show me my table. Then he asked for our order whilst sweeping the floor. Once we ordered our main we asked how much bread would be, for a starter. He told us the price of the supermarket bread and sarcastically laughed. At this point, I asked for a menu to see their bread price, which he slapped on the table. For these combined reasons, We walked out and he felt it right to chase me. I then turned around and explained why. We have never walked out of a restaurant like this before but the service was so bad!! I was not willing to stay and or give them my money. This being said I understand if you go when he is not working I'm sure you will enjoy it, as the food and service otherwise seemed nice.

2  Thank AilsaL58
Reviewed 4 September 2016

Had a lovely authentic paella tonight in this lovely restaurant. The staff were so friendly throughout the evening and a special touch was added with complimentary bread with local olive oil and complimentary aperitif and post dinner moscato! We would love to come back to do the paella making course now that we've had such a lovely experience here!

Date of visit: September 2016
EscuelaPaellas, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Arroceria La Valenciana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

You must go, and I advice to make a reservation. A very respectful place, very generous dishes and tasty as well. You won't forget this for a long time