Hotel Medium Valencia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
ILUNION Aqua 4(Valencia)
US$113
US$109
  • Restaurant
NH Ciudad de Valencia(Valencia)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$110
US$362
Official website
  • Pool
Hotel Malcom and Barret(Valencia)(Great Value!)
US$57
  • Restaurant
Hotel Melia Valencia(Valencia)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Restaurant
ILUNION Aqua 3(Valencia)(Great Value!)
US$108
Trip.com
US$128
US$124
  • Pool
All reviewscity centrelocal tabacpool area and barnasty smellhired a carsun loungersmodern hotelair conreception staffhalf hour walkold townnice poolroom facilitiesdouble bedroomminute taxi ridetop floorcleaned every day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is pitched as a higher end hotel and was not really what I expected.
The aircon takes a while to kick in so make sure you have a spare key to leave in the room. In fairness we were advised about this on check in.
The room itself looked lovely in the bedroom until you closed the curtains and there was a worn through hole in them. There was a separate area which had a sofa bed in and a desk but it looked a little dusty, like it needed a good clean. The towels were grey and worn out.
The staff however were very helpful and professional.
The pool was separate but only round the corner, I'm not sure if it was just a public pool that the hotel has access to but it had a very nice friendly feel with lots of families having fun and sun bathing.
Location wise it was not great. The surrounding area looked very inner city and I was glad that I was only there one night.
We had dinner there which was cheap and quite nice but fairly average, although the portions were huge.
The reception and dining room look very arty and nice.
All in all it is aptly named 'Medium'

• Stayed: July 2014
Roberto C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Medium Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Katy,
many thanks for your review, despite the bad experience you had in our hotel you did not lose politeness and equilibrium.
Every time a guest says she/he is disappointed it's a disappointment for us as well since we do our best to give a great service. We will take in serious consideration your suggestions but in the meanwhile please let us point out that swimming pool is not public but it is shared with the members of the Ilustre Colegio de Médicos de Valencia (the organization that joints all physician in Valencia). Then please accept our apologies for the hole in the courtain and the towels worned out: both issues are very uncommon and both items will be substitued as soon as possible.
We look forward to welcoming again in our hotel: we think you did not have the time to enjoy our neighborhood (close to centre and City of Arts and Science). There are a lot of restaurants and places to discover...
Thanks again for the time you spent evaluating your stay in our hotel.
Best regards,
hotel medium valencia staff.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We are dissappointed with this hotel.When we had seen the photos we thought that we would have a modern,clean room.Its location is in the middle of centrum and ciudad artes y ciencias but i would recommend to book in ciudad y ciencias.room was not clean and breakfast was very poor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Roberto C, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Medium Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Fatma,
first of all, thanks for your review that helps us to improve.
Please accept our apologies if you were disappointed with our hotel: we did not guess it
so we did not anything to change your mind during your stay. Nevertheless let us point out some issue that we cannot share in your comment.
You say that photos do not depict the hotel like it actually is. You expected a modern and clean hotel: you found something different in these particular points? Hotel cleanliness has the highest note in almost every website. Of course every hotel choose the best photos to show but not changing reality. That's not our aim making photos.
About location, please consider that a lot of guests like to stay between centre and Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias, so they can reach both sites through a short walk. We are closer to Ciudad de las Artes than to the centre, but close to the centre too.
Finally, let us to stress that we are working to improve our breakfast.
We sincerely hope you may give us a second opportunity and so check the changes we introduce.
Kindest regards,
hotel medium valencia staff.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

For starters, I chose this hotel for a couples holiday so I'll be basing this review on the experience from a couples point of view.

Flying out to Valencia we were delayed so ended up checking in at 2AM local time even though we'd told the hotel we'd be there by 11PM. However, the reception staff had no trouble issuing us our key cards and spoke English very well after letting us attempt some broken Spanish first.

The room was clean and modern and the shower was powerful, spacious and hot at all times of the day so full marks there. No balcony furniture though and the safe needs to be rented separately from reception, it doesn't come included with the cost of the room. However, considering the value we got on the price I can't complain too much. There's a minibar that's fully stocked, doesn't leave you much room to chill your own stuff though.
Room was fully air conditioned and included a flat screen but there are no English speaking channels, I only used it for watching the World Cup though so not really a big deal. Bed was a king sized double, very comfy and clean.

Breakfast was included with the room cost so we ate there every morning, options included self-serve, buffet style bacon and scrambled eggs or continental. A previous reviewer raved about how good the eggs were but I thought they tasted a little odd so I stuck to continental which was really enjoyable, I think I ate my bodyweight in chocolate croissants. On a few mornings they were a little understaffed as the turn around on place settings was a little slow, once I had to grab our cutlery from the waitress station myself. Other than that, well worth the money and I wish I'd asked for the recipe they use when making that tomato spread they had next to the rotating toaster grill, it's amazing and was the best one I had during my stay.

We tended to get back to the hotel around 12ish most nights, during the night the reception/bar can be a bit gloomy as the lighting is dimmed down. The lifts are also a bit temperamental, especially the one on the right. A few times we were taken on a journey to the top of the hotel because the lift decided that was where it wanted to go before taking us to our actual floor! The bar was pretty empty most nights we came back but did seem to pick up towards the end of the week so I'm guessing that's more to do with the timing of our visit which was mid June.

My only major issue with this hotel is the pool situation. The pool itself is large and well maintained and would be idilic if not for the fact that the pool is open to the general public and as a result attracts a lot of local kids who are pretty loud and run around/splash a lot, there's also no sun loungers so you've gotta take your beach towels and try grab a spot of grass that's not too close to all the activity of the locals. It was also closed for the last day of our stay as the medical college next door had it booked out for some function.

The hotel is equidistant from the City of Arts and Sciences and the City Centre and both are easily walkable, we walked into town every night to eat and usually got a cab back which was about One night our taxi driver couldn't find our hotel and tried to stop us from paying him! There's a bus link right outside the hotel for the beach as well but I can't remember what service number it was, the fare was flat to anywhere in the city though which was pretty decent. Outside the hotel there's an automated bike rental platform but it's geared more towards locals as it requires a subscription to use, if you want to hire bikes the best place to do so is from one of the kiosks in the City of Arts and Sciences (definitely recommend, cycling is easily the best way to see the city!).

I lost one of my T-shirts one day when the cleaning staff cleaned the room and stripped the sheets on the bed with my T-shirt still in it, we mentioned it to the staff and they said they'd look into it. On the second to last day the receptionist excitedly told me that my shirt had been found but unfortunately it wouldn't get back to the hotel until after I'd left! I gave her my English address and fully expected to never see that shirt ever again but low and behold, a few weeks later a package shows up from the hotel containing a T-shirt! I was really impressed up until the point I open the package and noticed it wasn't my T-shirt. Oh well, at least they tried so 9/10 for effort.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and the city is wonderful, I'll definitely be coming back and I would stay here again. Great value, friendly staff and clean rooms. The only reason I marked this 4/5 was due to the pool situation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nathaniel S
Roberto C, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Medium Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Mr Nathaniel,
many thanks for your kind and detailed review. We really appreciate your effort providing other Tripadvisor's users with a lot of information, especially when you consider "very comfy" our beds. You maybe were not aware, but we have recently changed all our mattresses and we look for guest opinions about new beds.
Then your review is definitely special for us due to the T-shirt anecdote. Many sorry for sending the wrong T-shirt, we did our best to find it! Thanks for your comprehension on this point.
Finally we would like to point out that our swimming pool is not open to the general public. We share it with the Ilustre Colegio de Médicos de Valencia (the most important medical association in the city). That means that our guests and their associates have the right to access to the pool. That's all. The presence of children is typical of summer, they could be our "little guests" or grandchildren or nephews of any doctor.
Many thanks for your review, again, Mr Nathaniel. We all hope to see you in our hotel in the future.
Kindest regards.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Arrived early welcomed by staff at reception, initial feel of the hotel was very good on first impression. Great location very easy to find and over the two day break that we stayed managed to use the bus service which is 1.5euro to go any where in the city, the oceanographic and surrounding area is top class and on the flip side the old part of the city is truly breath taking. We managed to squeeze in a visit to the harbour and beach which again is very nice. Overall a fab stay and the room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. A special thank you to Chenco on the reception who was very helpful in showing us on the map exactly where we wanted to visit and explaining the area to us, we had the breakfast on our final day which is a little over priced but good quality, there are more than enough small bars/cafés nearby to eat which are very reasonably priced and we like to support such places. Valencia was fantastic and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Nice room and hotel, bonus of the pool at the rear of the hotel which is nice a little busy at times but it is shared with the medical college students and families.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bryneil
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Modern, clean, room and bathroom are ok. Excellent breakfast. Wifi didn't work in our room. Big swimming pool, unfortunately the hotel allows non-guests to use the pool, so it can be very crowded... Close to the Ciudad de las Artes y de las Ciencias, but too far from the city center to walk.No bars or restaurants in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mr Reuzendwerg,
many thanks for your kind review. We are really happy when a guest considers that we are giving good value for money.
Just let us briefly explain something related to the swimming pool. As we mentioned in another response, we share it with the Ilustre Colegio de Médicos de Valencia (the most important medical association in the city). Our guests and their associates have the right to access to the pool. Please note that if pool was full it was due to the summer, not to the presence of general public. Please also note that the majority of pool users tends to came from our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.
Kindest regards.