“Ranking correct?”

La Pappardella
Ranked #68 of 3,490 Restaurants in Valencia
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: La Seu
Description: Authentic but not typical Italian restaurant. Very good italian restaurant located in the very center of Valencia.Available Menu for celiac disease sufferers. Excellent value and service. Nice service.Best pasta and piadina in Valencia Very recommendable!Winner of the excellence cerificate for 2013 and 2014!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ranking correct?”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Surprised, that is what I am after visiting la Pappardella. Why is everybody so exited about the food? The insalate noci e peras was so simpel and made without love. Noci is nuts, we didn't find them. When you have eaten gorgonzola sauce, it is normal to get clean cutlery for your next course. We were asked to leave the fork and knife.
The spaghettoni vongole e ceci was good but greasy. It is an average restaurant. I question the ranking of this site.

• Visited May 2014
vicios, Propietario at La Pappardella, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Tjanho,
firs of all, thank you very much for your sincere feed back about us.

I am really sorry for the bad experience you had in "La Pappardella".
We always try to do our best but sometimes, unfortunately, we do not succeed in it....

I will try to find out what happened during your visit,
Thanks again!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, service needs improving”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice restaurant with a romantic atmosphere. They do delicious pasta dishes with lots of vegetarian options. I highly recommend the "Torre di Salmone" antipasti! The service could do with improvement however. Our waiter was quite pushy in getting us to order a more expensive bottle of wine than what we wanted..We went with his recommendation and received a bottle of wine that didn't taste nearly as nice as the cheaper one we had tried previously.

Although the food is some of the best I have had in Valencia one huge negative aspect about this place is that they let in people who try to sell you things, and not just the usual roses and sunglasses sellers you get all over Valencia. One woman interrupted us in the middle of us eating our meal and tried to sell us a tapas menu. Extremely off putting and inappropriate, especially for such a nice restaurant. Otherwise we had a lovely romantic evening.

• Visited April 2014
vicios, Propietario at La Pappardella, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Jobot,
thank you so much for your sincere and constructive feed back about us.

We really do apreciate it!

I will pass on your feed back to the whole organization in order to imrpove our defaults.

Thank you so much again!!!

Farnham, United Kingdom
“really great pasta”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is my kind of restaurant. Relaxed atmosphere, nice and clean, decent enough service, and really great simple and tasty food, as an Italian should be. I noticed the staff were not too welcoming towards people who turned up before or around opening time (which was 1.45pm for lunch and 9pm for dinner - Spanish style) but once you are in and seated they were pretty good as far as Spanish service goes. I had lunch here, then went back the next day for dinner - as the pasta was really superb, I can't remember having better pasta anywhere to be honest, it was really good. Starters were pretty good too but it's the pasta that was really the highlight. Was slightly disappointed with the desert but I think that's because the pasta was just so good I expected more - so still 5 stars for me. We did hear an American on the table next to us complaining to his friends about the portion being too small, but I think it was the perfect size as long as you have a starter as well and don't expect the excessive American style portion. Not too expensive either, I have paid a lot more for far inferior food. Also, did I mention how good the the pasta was?

• Visited April 2014
vicios, Propietario at La Pappardella, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Brian,

thank you so mucho for your great and constructice and sencere feed back.

I mean it: it helps us to improve our service , day after day.

I will broadcast it to the whole organization inmediately.

Thanks again!

Laura Motolese Lazzáro
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I ate here with some friends whilst staying in Valencia, after a recommendation from a mutual friend. When we arrived the restaurant was busy, which is always a good sign! The staff were very friendly (even though we don't speak Spanish - they made an effort to speak English and were very helpful!) The food came relatively quickly, and was nothing short of amazing.It is definitely some of the best Italian food I have eaten.
During our meal, we were asked to move tables, as someone had reserved a table but had more guests than intended. We had finished our main courses and only had coffee to go, so we didn't mind at all. The head waitress was really apologetic and made a great effort to find us another nice table and compensate us, which was very kind of her and made our experience even better.

If you are in Valencia, definitely go to this restaurant, you will not regret it!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank hlj207
vicios, Propietario at La Pappardella, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hello dear hlj,

Thank you so much for your great feed back!

It really boosts our motivation at the top reading it. I will inform the whole organisation about it immediately: they always wait for feed back.

Thanks again

Laura Motolese Lazzáro
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Neighbourhood Italian”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Good value. Tasty food. Could not get in on Saturday as fully booked. Sister restaurant al Pomodoro.

Visited February 2014
vicios, Propietario at La Pappardella, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Fantastic! Thank you so much!