“Great Italian restaurant in a great Spanish city!”
Review of La Pappardella

La Pappardella
Ranked #66 of 3,725 Restaurants in Valencia
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: La Seu
Description: Authentic but not typical Italian restaurant. Very good italian restaurant located in the very center of Valencia.Available Menu for celiac disease sufferers. Excellent value and service. Nice service.Best pasta and piadina in Valencia Very recommendable!Winner of the excellence cerificate for 2013 and 2014!
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We've had a great experience. The staff was really kind and helpful. Their English was not fantastic, but neither was our Spanish, so we met half-way :-)

The meal was absolutely amazing. We had an antipasti with three dip sauces (dried tomato, gorgonzola and olives), which was a superb start of our dinner. Afterwards, we had the pappardelle al salmone and the raviolini al tartuffo. The first bite excited us immediately, so good!! We enjoyed our food and the housewine a lot!! We ate every last bit of it.

We were really surprised to see our bill.... The price is really reasonable (cheap!) for the fabulous quality you get here.

If you like honest, tasty, flavoursome Italian food, you should definitely stop by here!

vicios, Propietario at La Pappardella, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Laurence,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
I am really trhilled to read your fantastic feed back.

Thank you so much!

Laura

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Don't go here expecting high end cuisine, this is simple food but very enjoyable, be warned it can become very busy which is always a sign that it is meeting peoples expectations.

vicios, Propietario at La Pappardella, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Martin,
thank you sooo much for your very onest and constructive feed back about us!

We really need feed back to improve a little bit every day.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Surprised, that is what I am after visiting la Pappardella. Why is everybody so exited about the food? The insalate noci e peras was so simpel and made without love. Noci is nuts, we didn't find them. When you have eaten gorgonzola sauce, it is normal to get clean cutlery for your next course. We were asked to leave the fork and knife.
The spaghettoni vongole e ceci was good but greasy. It is an average restaurant. I question the ranking of this site.

vicios, Propietario at La Pappardella, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Tjanho,
firs of all, thank you very much for your sincere feed back about us.

I am really sorry for the bad experience you had in "La Pappardella".
We always try to do our best but sometimes, unfortunately, we do not succeed in it....

I will try to find out what happened during your visit,
Thanks again!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Nice restaurant with a romantic atmosphere. They do delicious pasta dishes with lots of vegetarian options. I highly recommend the "Torre di Salmone" antipasti! The service could do with improvement however. Our waiter was quite pushy in getting us to order a more expensive bottle of wine than what we wanted..We went with his recommendation and received a bottle of wine that didn't taste nearly as nice as the cheaper one we had tried previously.

Although the food is some of the best I have had in Valencia one huge negative aspect about this place is that they let in people who try to sell you things, and not just the usual roses and sunglasses sellers you get all over Valencia. One woman interrupted us in the middle of us eating our meal and tried to sell us a tapas menu. Extremely off putting and inappropriate, especially for such a nice restaurant. Otherwise we had a lovely romantic evening.

Dear Jobot,
thank you so much for your sincere and constructive feed back about us.

We really do apreciate it!

I will pass on your feed back to the whole organization in order to imrpove our defaults.

Thank you so much again!!!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This is my kind of restaurant. Relaxed atmosphere, nice and clean, decent enough service, and really great simple and tasty food, as an Italian should be. I noticed the staff were not too welcoming towards people who turned up before or around opening time (which was 1.45pm for lunch and 9pm for dinner - Spanish style) but once you are in and seated they were pretty good as far as Spanish service goes. I had lunch here, then went back the next day for dinner - as the pasta was really superb, I can't remember having better pasta anywhere to be honest, it was really good. Starters were pretty good too but it's the pasta that was really the highlight. Was slightly disappointed with the desert but I think that's because the pasta was just so good I expected more - so still 5 stars for me. We did hear an American on the table next to us complaining to his friends about the portion being too small, but I think it was the perfect size as long as you have a starter as well and don't expect the excessive American style portion. Not too expensive either, I have paid a lot more for far inferior food. Also, did I mention how good the the pasta was?

vicios, Propietario at La Pappardella, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Brian,

thank you so mucho for your great and constructice and sencere feed back.

I mean it: it helps us to improve our service , day after day.

I will broadcast it to the whole organization inmediately.

Thanks again!