“Nice restaurant, but could have been even better”
Review of Seu Xerea

Seu Xerea
Ranked #43 of 3,506 Restaurants in Valencia
Price range: US$13 - US$64
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Neighbourhood: La Seu
Description: Come and savour mediterranean fusion food in this centrally located and highly recommended restaurant in Valencia's historical Barrio del Carmen. Just a few metres from the cathedral square, this restaurant is a relaxing retreat after a morning of sightseeing. Stephen Anderson heads the friendly English speaking team. Eat alfresco or in the modern, comfortable, designer interior. The daily lunchtime menu is excellent value for money and the a la carte is an opportunity to try the gastronomic offer of one of Valencia's best fine dining restaurants.
Bruges, Belgium
“Nice restaurant, but could have been even better”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I had a dinner here during our 2-day stay in Valencia. We appreciated the modern and stylish interior and the taste and freshness of the food. The cuisine is not typical Spanish here, it is mixed with asian influences. But at this price level (we payed € 122 for a three-course diner including aperitif, wine and coffee), some details ought to be improved. The dining room was a bit cold. Worse, the plates were also cold, and so was the food after a short time. The plates should have been pre-heated in the oven. The sashimi consisted of four thick slices of tuna, this dish could have been presented with more finesse. The service was too fast in the beginning, we had barely time to enjoy our aperitif. The served bread is a bake-off sandwich, and there is no butter or olive oil provided (nor salt nor pepper). Apart from the timing, the service was very attentive, with a special mention for the maitre D, who clearly enjoyed his work and speaks not only English but also fluently French. A very good meal, but some details prevented it from being the fine dining experience we had hoped for.

1 Thank Mandefro84

Sheffield
“The highlight of our day in Valencia!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My husband and I were only in Valencia for one day and one night and this restaurant was the perfect end to our trip. We hadn't planned to go and only ended up there as I had injured my ankle and it was close to our hotel. In hindsight I am glad of the ankle injury! The food and the service was incredible. We had the seven course tasting menu with six accompanying wines. It was all perfect, in fact I couldn't pick a favourite. Each course and each glass of wine seemed to intensify in depth of flavour. The sommelier was very knowledgable and explained the origins and the nature of each wine to us. I was not aware that Spain had so many amazing wines, although I suspect I won't be able to find anything other than Rioja in my local supermarket which is perhaps a good excuse to return to Seu Xerea! The chef Steve Anderson is a real talent and also a very nice man, he took the time to speak to us and the other guests at the end of our meal. We hope to return to Valencia and to Seu Xerea one day, although by then I suspect it will have at least one Michelin star and a long waiting list! Having eaten in a couple of Michelin starred restaurants in the UK, I have to say this restaurant far surpassed them. Thank you for the lovely experience. Suzanne and Chris Moore.

London, United Kingdom
“Best fine dining in Valencia”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

You just have to try this place ! Firstly my Spanish is pretty good but it was very comforting to have English speaking waiting staff to explain the more unusual items on the menu . What I really liked was the quiet relaxing atmosphere , no blaring music so I could hear myself think and speak...a welcome rest from the fireworks of Las Fallas ! Then there was the food ..I had the taster menu which was provided a delight with every plate ....and perfect wines to compliment. Steve , owner and chef , manages to fuse the old with the new to perfection drawing on Spanish and Asian influences . A real culinary talent ! Bravo .... I will definitely be back .

Valencia, Spain
“Oriental and Mediterranean food style”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A british chef of chinesse roots leads this downtown restaurant with relaxing ambiance and varied lunch-time menu, with exotic partnership of oriental and local rices and experimental salads.

• Visited February 2014
Seu-Xerea, Gerente at Seu Xerea, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about the Seu Xerea. I share your description of our style of fusion cooking, though I do have to make one small correction. My roots are really Burmese more than Chinese. I do have a distant relative (my great great grandfather) who was Straits Chinese from Malaysia. You can read about my family and my recent trip to Burma in the blog at our web site. Hope to see you again soon.
“Michelin Stars to Come!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Simply put, this is one of the most incredible restaurants that I've eaten at. Steve Anderson and his team have created an amazing place in the heart of old Valencia. We had the Tapas menu paired with Spanish wines that included smoked sardines, fried artichokes, a croquet of chicken infused with lemon grass, pulpo and an incredible cochinillo. If you are going to Valencia it is a must. Get there before it has multi Michelin stars and a reservation becomes impossible.

Visited February 2014