“Better than average.....a little disappointed”
Review of Seu Xerea - CLOSED

Seu Xerea
Price range: US$15 - US$70
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Neighbourhood: La Seu
Description: Come and savour mediterranean fusion food in this centrally located and highly recommended restaurant in Valencia's historical Barrio del Carmen. Just a few metres from the cathedral square, this restaurant is a relaxing retreat after a morning of sightseeing. Stephen Anderson heads the friendly English speaking team. Eat alfresco or in the modern, comfortable, designer interior. The daily lunchtime menu is excellent value for money and the a la carte is an opportunity to try the gastronomic offer of one of Valencia's best fine dining restaurants.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A group of us went on A Friday lunchtime with no real expectations one way or the other, it was a recommendation from a friend of a friend.
Nice place very minimal and cool, the staff were great, service good. The party were split with our views on the place which sort of suggests the food was a bit of a mixed bag. The starters were excellent, although I had the razor clams but the portion of split barley was massive and actually resulted in me not going for a pudding which looked great.
Two of us had a disaster with the steak, when it arrived it looked beautiful, everyone had food envy...however it was the worse steak either of us have had. It was like eating leather, couldn't eat it. Such a shame.
We mentioned it and the staff were brilliant and what appeared to be genuinely disappointed that we had to complain.
They insisted on cooking the dish again for us from a different cut of beef. This showed great pride as they were clearly a bit shocked....so they bent over backwards . Good recovery but the lunch was spoiled for two of us.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Ate here on a Saturday night- so you'd expect them to have their 'A' team on really. We sat down at 10pm, and half an hour later, hadn't even been given a menu. It was 45 mins in total before we got a drink- even water. The table next to us complained (they had even worse) and got their desserts free. This restaurant doesn't have the atmosphere to compensate for the failings in service, so I think there are better places you can eat.

Seu-Xerea, Propietario at Seu Xerea, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. I sincerely apologize for the waiting time you suffered when you came for dinner last week. Sadly we are not perfect, and there are occasions when we make mistakes. However I can assure you, that excellent food and service and satisfied customers are our absolute priority and we do manage to achieve this in the vast majority of cases as our approval rating in trip advisor shows. On your visit, the confluence of a series of problems led to an unacceptable level of service. We have taken measures to deal with this including recruiting additional team members and projecting a series of training sessions for our staff. I am sure that if you were to return, you will enjoy the level of service that you have every right to expect. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate just how good we are trying to be.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I visited this restaurant twice in two days, on one day for lunch and the next evening for dinner! Both times the service was excellent, particularly on the Saturday evening when we chose the taster menu, the theme being linked to the Valencia Boat Show and so predominantly fishy! Each dish was so beautifully presented and the accompanying wines perfectly chosen. We enjoyed tastes and textures like never before! Talking with the charming owner and head chef, Steve Anderson, it is obvious he takes great pride in his restaurant and level of service. We will definitely return!

Seu-Xerea, Owner at Seu Xerea, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Thank you very much for your generous review. I am really pleased that you both enjoyed your visit to the Seu Xerea. I hope you'll consider us a home from home in your next vist to Valencia.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We ate here at Easter last year and came back again this Easter as we enjoyed the food. We had an interesting and varied set of 4 starters. Although some of the dishes aren't automatically what I would choose, they all surprised me with their interesting flavours - for example, squid is not usually my favourite but was absolutely delicious. The restaurant was quite quiet on a Monday evening but service was attentive and it was worth paying a bit extra for a great meal.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We recently visited Valencia and had the pleasure to visit this restaurant. The food is absolutely delicious – flavoursome yet delicate at the same time. The mix of Asian and Spanish flavours really works. The restaurant itself has a nice atmosphere with a minimalist design (think Nordic style), great service and a good wine list. We particularly appreciated that the wine was fairly priced as fine dining restaurants often go over the top with wine mark ups! In fact, the whole meal was very fairly priced for the quality you get. The location is also perfect; just a few minutes walk from the cathedral. It was amazing to find such a good restaurant in the centre as nearly everything else there was ultra-touristy. I can’t recommend this restaurant highly enough, it should be on every foodie’s must-visit list.