“Nice place,where have you gone manager,paul grently?”
Review of Mandeville Hotel

Mandeville Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mandeville
Brooklyn, New York
“Nice place,where have you gone manager,paul grently?”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I've being staying at the mandeville hotel for over 5 years now...the studio rooms could use some updated furniture...the manager,mr.paul grently,who was always there for us if we encounter any problems while staying on the property.even on his days off he came in to help out when my family had problems with the room,and the people at the front desk were afraid to make any changes...the house keeping department were always providing clean rooms,towels,linen etc.valrie & lynn from that deptartment were very helpful.the front desk staff,mainly ms.chambers, & dane were always helpful...since mr.grently isn't there anymore, I've been staying at other hotel around town.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Nonesuch60827

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I have had the oppotunity of staying at the Mandeville hotel a few times and was pleased with the staff and the service. Though not a five star or five Diamond hotel staff members do try to make everyone feel welcome. In my opinon they are the best hotel in Mandeville.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank onlychild2k5
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2010

The Mandeville Hotel, Is the best hotel in Mandeville. The grounds are beautiful the pool is well maintained. The chef cooks the best Caribbean food I have ever had. If you have never been to Jamaica before then you would need to stay in a tourist resort such as Negril or Ocho Rios so you are close to the beach. This hotel is suited for people wanting to visit family or friends or who are on a business trip.
Hotel - I stayed in a Junior Suite so I had a fridge, satellite TV which featured MTV, and even an English channel for the local news, it was air conditioned with a huge walk in wardrobe and a nice bathroom suite. Internet access is free! just ask reception for the password. Some people mentioned that they had problems locking there door in the room, but it's quiet easy? all you do is push in the button on the door knob and your room is very safe. Room service is amazing I had fluffy white towels, AND ROOM SERVICE IS PROVIDED EVERY DAY.
Restaurant - Please see my pictures as the food is amazing, very high standards. My rate came with breakfast every morning and this can be delivered to your room or you can relax in the Arches restaurant.
Bar - In the evenings the bar comes alive with reggae music and beautiful cocktails.
Overall - This hotel will always have a special place in my heart the rooms are contemporary and spacious, just what I needed for a relaxing 3 week stay visiting family and friends I highly recommend it. Make sure to ask for Tanielle if you need any help or advice in organizing your trip as she is a delight to do business with.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Belindag1
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 April 2010

I stayed at the Mandeville Hotel with my husband and our two children. Bathroom was full of bugs, even found a lizard. Furniture was outdated; closet doors broken. Our main room door would not lock and for the money we paid, we were disgusted. Look around, please do not waste your money, I wish we had known before we did. We did speak with the staff, who were sorry, but not enough to change our room ( New Jersey ).

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank cardawes

Travellers are raving about these Mandeville hotels

canada
Reviewed 6 February 2010

Hello to all staff,
Because of the world economic problems and its effect on Alparts production I do not expect to return to do work at Alpart. Over the last 6 years I have made your hotel my Jamaican home. I would always be greeted at the front desk with a smile and a conversation that would make me feel special, thank you. To the staff in the dining room, I would always gain weight, thank you for the great meals and service. To the guy's who tended the bar, I thank you for your time spent serving me and putting up with me, I loved the music. To all the housekeeping staff, you people kept my room as clean as a whistle, landry always fresh and clean, thank you. The most important thank you is for all the great memories that will stay with me forever, the friends I made and will never forget, thank you.
I hope to stay again someday soon at your wonderful hotel and again meet all you great jamaican people.
May god bless you all,
Have a great day,
Kevin Morrison.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
england
Reviewed 4 February 2010

The room was clean and the resturant staff were helpfull and friendly. The shower ran cold water, the electric sockets sparkled when removing the plug, the pool was not maintained and will never be available for use!
The reception staff I found unhelpful and unfriendly. Impossable to use the computer because it was too dark to work by and there was not plug near the desk

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2009

I stayed at the Mandeville hotel the first week in December with my partner who is resident in Jamaica. The staff were very helpful and made you feel so welcome they were at hand to answer any enquire. I was disappointed when the maid asked if I wanted my room cleaned as this is what I paid for as part of the service so I do not expect to be asked that question I just expect my room to be cleaned daily. The guy who cleaned the pool knocked on my door on answering he came in plonked himself down on the chair and helped himself to my peanuts all because I had a conversation with him at the poolside my partner was not impressed and had words with him. My only other complaint was we were not told we had to run the shower for 10 minutes before it became hot. Other than that Mandeville hotel is okay it does need updating and could do with a lick of paint in places. It is 5 mins walk from everything your heart desires, apart from the sea it is at least 2 hours drive to the nearest beach which is bluefields or treasure beach, and it is central to get to all excursions, it is a bit chilly in the mornings but warms up by 9:00am and you do need a cardigan late at nights. All said and done I had a wonderful time in Mandeville I will be going back in June 2010.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandeville
Golf View Hotel
#7 of 25 in Kingston
Taino Cove
Taino Cove
#4 of 5 in Treasure Beach

Been to Mandeville Hotel? Share your experiences!