“quick trip...”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mandeville
U.S. A
“quick trip...”
Reviewed 21 May 2008

Very budget friendly. Stayed there for one night while visiting Mandeville in May 2008. This is an older property. Nice wooden floors. Spacious room had one double and one twin bed, seating area & desk. Older furniture. Air conditioning. Cable tv. Bathroom displayed some ammenities that shows it was well planned - hooks on the back of the door, glass shelf above sink, grab bar in bath/shower combination. My room was on the second floor. A porter took our bags up and set up the tv and a/c unit without even being prompted. Front desk staff courteous. Gated entry to property manned by a guard.

Bathtub had remnants of non-skid applique - which led it to look dirty.

Meals offered at an additional cost - I don't know how it tasted as I did not eat there.

Overall, located right in the middle of the town. Close to supermarkets, public transportation, pharmacies, fast food & local restaurants (serving jamaican dishes). Mandeville has a limited number of hotels, and there is really not much of a choice. But Mandeville hotel is a good place to stay because of the location, ease of getting around, and the price.

• Liked — location and the security at the gate
  • Disliked — needs upgrading
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank alidb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
UK
Reviewed 17 April 2008

Stayed for one week in a king room.

I would guess that the bedrooms have been recently refurbished with wooden floors and new bedding. They were much better than I was expecting.

The public areas however were well overdue a refurb, with fraying, holey carpets and uneven floors. The pool was cleaned daily but poolside needed repair.

The restaurant started off well with lovely food, although my choices weren't always available. By the end of the week the quality had decreased dramatically.

The bar was dimly lit but served a great cocktail.

The best thing about the hotel though was the staff. All were great, friendly and nothing too much trouble.

• Stayed April 2008
1 Thank sraj
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 June 2007

The Mandeville Hotel provided wonderful customer service. The hotel is secure and comfortable. Great for long-term, business trips to Mandeville.

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lizasheville
Reviewed 12 September 2005

Service is pitiful with exception of Jason & Alex in the dining room. If you like the sound of howling dogs all night, this is the place for you (dogs are drowned out by woofers from the street parties on the weekend). Hotel will provide hot water only if you complain several times. Maid service is good. Kitchen only has less than half of what is listed on the menu. One time I ordered the soup du jour only to told they don't have any. The place is largely empty except for the Americans working at Alpart in the valley. Occasionally there's a wedding, but the dining room is empty the majority of the time. I was psyched to have a full range of TV channels this time but that only lasted a couple of days. I was down to CNN & some local channels for the rest of the visit.

P.S. I was watching TV at 1 am because I was roasting in bed and was attacked by ants on the couch.

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Mandeville hotels

Reviewed 6 May 2005

The scenery/landscape is beautiful if you are interested in nature. The rooms could use some upgrading to a little more plush furnishing.

It would have a been a much more pleasant experience if the customer service representatives (front desk clerks) were a lot more friendlier and eager to please. I think Customer Service training could help to resolve that issue.

Overall, the hotel stay was good.

The restaurant served good food. However, room service was really slow. It took an extra long time to receive food that was ordered to be delivered to the room. When it finally arrived, it was cold (especially disappointing for breakfast). I opted to get up early to catch the breakfast at the restaurant instead of ordering room service. I haven't tried much of the dinner items, since I had the chance to venture out into the town to local restaurants. I had mostly breakfast and lunch items.

Its worth given a try. I usually stay there for most visits, because its convenient to other locations. It is located in the heart of Mandeville and the hustle and bustle, but is so neatly located that you are not even interrupted by whatever is occurring on the outside.

• Stayed January 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 April 2005

I have visited the Mandeville hotel twice in the last couple of months and my stay on both occasions were great. Although the hotel is located in the heart of the city this did not interfere with the tranquility and peace that I found there. I mostly enjoyed sitting at the poolside sipping Pina Coloda and taking long walks in the beautiful garden. My kids enjoyed the pool and the cable TV and at times asked "mom are we in Jamaica yet?" The staff at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful. They did a great job for my sister's wedding they decorated the poolside into a beautiful, romantic scenery and the food was so good. I would recommend the mandeville hotel for anyone looking for an affordable getaway, a place to chill and relax. Tanielle and her staff sure know how to put on a wedding and that is why we will be returning soon for another wedding. I enjoyed chilling at the mandeville hotel.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 March 2005

I first visited this hotel in August 2004 to discuss having my wedding there. I was met with a smile and pleasant faces at the front desk. I met with Tan, of the planning committee and she was so sweet,after discussions we (4 in total) decided to stay overnight. I was impressed with the cleanliness of this property. The coolness of the mandeville nights makes for a good night sleep.
I returned to MH in February 2005 for my Wedding! WOW. Planned by Tan, my wedding day was the most beautiful day, second in comparison to the birth of my 2 kids. the ceremony was on the lawn and the reception was held by the pool. With over 60 people in attendance, EVERYTHING went off smoothly. The food was great, the service was great, and to top it off Tan stayed with me until I was ready to walk down the lawn (aisle). I was the blushing bride thanks to the staff of Mandeville Hotel, they gave me a stress-free day. My guest, family & friends from Canada & US also stayed on the property and they had a great time.
I will continue to stay at this property because of the service, the hospitality, the smiles from the front desk, Patrick, Yolanda, Norma our housekeeper, Carlos our bell hop, and Tel (Manager)just making sure we were ok. I have the pictures to prove my stay was excellent.
Thank you Mandeville Hotel for a special stay!
See you all later this year.

• Stayed February 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandeville
Golf View Hotel
#7 of 25 in Kingston
Taino Cove
Taino Cove
#4 of 5 in Treasure Beach

Been to Mandeville Hotel? Share your experiences!