Golf View Hotel
Tropics View Hotel(Mandeville)
  • Restaurant
Taino Cove(Treasure Beach)
View Hotel
Marblue Villa Suites(Treasure Beach)
View Hotel
Sunset Resort & Villas(Treasure Beach)
View Hotel
Treasure Beach Hotel(Treasure Beach)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsspent nightsenvironmentvenuepoolsidegate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2011

This is my fourth visit to the Golf View Hotel in Mandeville. The staff have alwas been very helpful to me and even go out of their way to meet my needs. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quite, It is not a four star resort, but it is a nice retreat at the end of the day. The only comments that I would have about the place are the resturaunt seems to be very much on Island time (no hurry), and there seems to be some small issue with the room each time (which they resolve). All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: A ground floor room keeps you from lugging your lugage up stairs as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Foxtrot-BandB
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The Golf view Hotel in mandeville jamaica 5 1/2 Caledonia Rd is one of the hotels in the world i would never, never go to an my vacation are for any reason what so ever, My stay was locking hospitality and the attitude of the employee at the hotel was just not what anyone who's paying hard working dollars should get, The place is not at it was 3 yrs ago when i stayed with the family. There is never someone you could talk to about anything, the manager was never available we were alway told to call back, money was never return for checking out before time even tho it was agreed upon. I think the golf view hotel needs a better management hands down, go to other hotel for better service.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

My wife and I stayed here with low expectations based on the reviews, but were pleasently surprised. The grounds and rooms were kept immaculate, which is something that I appreciate and my wife requires! Staff weren't so much rude as they were quiet. Once I accepted that they weren't necessarily going to be saying hi to me in passing, it made the rest of the stay a little easier. Whenever I approached staff with a question or concern they were always happy to help. Other guests shared some complaints and frustrations, but there experience was really not ours. We enjoyed ourselves and enjoyed the simplicity and cleanliness of the Golf View.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mountainmanjj
Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed at the Golf View for business. This hotel is in serious need of updating. Service could be improved too.
You will have to check out a remote control for you tv from the front desk. There was a big musty smell when you open up the room. The hotel does not provide shampoo or conditioner (or any toiletries beyond a bar of soap) so make sure you bring your own.

The ligting in the room is bad, and the power went out during my stay (no fault of the hotel of course). It is a courtyard style hotel, so your room will open up to an interior courtyard. The area is gated, with a security guard out front.

In general this hotel could be updated in every aspect: linens, fixtures, shower, furniture. EVERYTHING- especially the beds.

My room also faced a construction site next door. It was noisy first thing in the morning, and a burglar alarm went off several times throughout the night. You could also hear the noise fromm the street, but that was to be expected. The siren of the burglar alarm, I was not excited to hear after the third time.

There really doesn't seem to be any other choice for hotels in Mandeville. Someone should open another one. I would gladly stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank alihan24
Reviewed 9 March 2010

I stayed at this hotel in January for 3 nights with my bf who is an american and his family,I am Jamaican.The room was spacious and nice for the price we paid and the room was cleaned everyday with fresh towels all the time so housekeeping was great.We were staying on the 3rd floor and the water pressure was very low.There wasn't an iron in the room but it was an all inclusive hotel so that was ok.There was a room on the bottom floor where you could do your ironing.We ate a few times from the restuarant and the food was good and we got it pretty quickly and it was hot.It was however a bit pricey but good none the less.The customer service for me was atrocious.If I needed anything I would just ask my bf to speak with someone in customer service because I knew I'd just be getting attitude all day everyday.Afterall,I was a guest too and paid my money just like everyone staying there but perhaps it had to with the fact that I didnt have an american accent and so for me customer service/front desk was the worst part of my stay.The pool was great and the hotel is pretty quiet if you are seeking a relaxing vacation.Obviously,I would not return to this place unless they changed the front desk staff not sure if training them would help much.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple