“Dishonest”
Review of Tropics View Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mandeville
Tropics View Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mandeville
New York City, New York
“Dishonest”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and I stayed there in October and the accommodation was what I expected - very basic but was comfortable for the price. However, my biggest problem was the integrity of management. I used my credit card to pay for the four nights. When I got back to New York I checked my account online and realized that my account was double charged. I immediately contacted them by phone and email and they acknowledged the error and promised to credit my account within a couple days. One month has passed and my account was not credited. I filed a dispute with MasterCard and followed through with a telephone call to the hotel castigating them for their dishonesty and they credited my account immediately.

In good conscience, I could not recommend anyone to this place again. They must realize that a small business such as this will only succeed through references.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank Carl R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This place is Horrible! The customer service is horrible! It's as if the employees hate working there. They never smile and seem burdened by simply requests. My room had one working bathroom, and we found cockroaches in the other room. The microwave did not work, and the fridge was leaking. The wifi service only worked in the doorway or the room. My Aunt and her husband had to request to be transfered to another room because of a pungent odour...that being the celing was covered with mold. (A massive amount of mold that definitely had to have been growing for several months, due to the leaking toilet from my room that was directly above).The breakfast menu never contained fruits, the sugar contained ants in it, and the orange juice given was of course powdered orange juice. The pool was like a swamp in hell, when asked how often they cleaned/emptied it, we were told they never that "we just put medicine in it". The last straw was when we came home one night and found our door wide open. I would NEVER in a millions years recommend this hotel to anyone, not even my worst enemy. Horrible Horrible Place. They need serious renovations, a new management team and all employees either need to be fired or trained and regularly coached on customer service skills. Hotel Tropix View =Hotel Transilvania. YUCK! No stars!

• Stayed October 2013
8 Thank Ashango

Travellers are raving about these Mandeville hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE..... I stayed here to attend a wedding in mandeville. The pictures that you see are lies. They were probably taken the day this hell hole was built. There is NO pool. What they call a pool looks like a swamp. When we asked we were told that they NEVER clean it. NOTHING works, toilets don't flush, we we're told to put our hand in the toilet and pull the chain. Other friends were told to fill up the garbage with water and throw it in to flush it. The bed sheets are dirty, lights don't work, the breakfast they say you get sucks. They gave us boiled hotdog and beans. The staff told me that I would have to pay 100$ us more per night to switch rooms. Friends could not close the washroom or they got stuck. A friend sat on their chair and the leg fell off. Another friend opened the shower door and the whole thing fell in. Uncle opened fridge and it was full of dead roaches. The WATER at the bar was expired when we told them they just put it back to sell to somebody else. We asked for our money back for out last night. I would rather sleep on the street. How could I forget. I could not use the sink in the washroom.due to it cloging. Not one person who stayed there would go back. They should throw a bomb in this place and blow it up. When we got home from the wedding a friends room door was left wide open with all of her personal belongings on there. This place should be closed down.

Room Tip: Don not stay here. I see an option for how the spa was WHAT SPA?
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Traveller O
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This ia very good place to stay.Location is excellent,you are able to avoid the heavy traffic in center city Mandeville.The rooms are very clean,great parking and the services are excellent. I spend a wonderful time there, can't wait to get back there.The price is relatively cheap comparing to hotels in other areas and the fact that this an area where the weather is on the cool side make this a very good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank sinclr55
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

A good place to stay. Rooms are clean.Dining staff helpful. Did not get my bottle of water as requested. was very thirsty during the night. was recommended by friends, Good value for money. although did not use the pool or gym. Always a next time. i would stay again hope they provide the bottled water as promised

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank 592goldenhoney
st. petersburg
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I stayed at Tropics View Hotel outside of Mandeville Jamaica December of 2011. The hotel was not bad, and the price was pretty good US$70.00 per night. I had a standard room, it was clean and well maintained. The hotel staff were nice and friendly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Bigj69fly
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 January 2013

A convenient stop if going from Kingston to the western part of the island. The hotel is just off the main road when you have passed the Mandeville by pass. Nested on a hill in a private setting the compound is large. Lots of concrete and pavement, not much trees. We were shown to a two bedroom suite. One Ks bed in a room, twin beds in the other. Ceiling fans in each room two were broken . No need for AC at 600m altitude - except maybe in August. The shutters were broken, half the bulbs were shot, no lock on bathroom door, no water pressure at all. A cable TV with many programs in living. Washer, dryer. Parking under your condo. Restaurant does not have a big choice, but the food is excellent- cooked to order and fresh. Both at dinner and breakfast.
Did not stay long enough to try the pool. Also a bit noisy as close to the road where many trucks roll by.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank globalthierry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandeville
Golf View Hotel
June Plum Bed & Breakfast
June Plum Bed & Breakfast
#2 of 6 in Mandeville
Country Home Villa & Bed & Breakfast

Been to Tropics View Hotel? Share your experiences!