See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The Hotel is a nice getaway experience for quiet relaxation. Food was good too. The Rooms are nice and comfortable, clear and very good atmosphere.

However it is not all-inclusive and that can be a problem for anyone wishing to have a prepared meal anytime of the day. There is only one pool for recreation, nothing else. Very nice for Retreats and Conferences.

Room Tip: All Rooms are comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Paulette B
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went the hotel for a weekend getaway. The hotel is not a 5 star resort we weren't expecting private butlers, 24 hr food, & 4th whole 9 yards. But, it was a wonderful experience. The complimentary breakfast at the restaurant was superb, the pool was awesome, the grounds were extremely beautiful and quiet even though the hotel is located close enough to the main road. The room was also very accommodating and homely. This hotel is perfect for anyone who is looking for a nice, inexpensive (JM$6000 per night when I went there), quiet, and beautiful little getaway.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KayAde P
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 7 days when on a mission trip. I have stayed here twice before on teaching trips but this time I was by myself, and because of health problems I was unable to stay up on the mountain with the rest of my group. I was given a ground floor room of a one bedroom apartment which fit my needs. However, it was right above the laundry area and the staff sat outside talking and making noise from 5:30 a.m. until late at night. The other guests were extremely noisy as well. It reminded me at first of a prison with gates and doors slamming and loud talking, then they left their doors open and blared their tv's. The guests let their children run around screaming until late. It started in again with the noise at check out in the morning at 5:30 and a man raking trash by the bin outside of my window. I do not remember it being this loud the other two times I stayed here. Thank goodness I had ear plugs. I also had to furnish my own eating utensils, dish soap, paper towels, etc. They charged extra for everything. They give you two complimentary breakfasts but only two choices. Traditional Jamaican breakfast or eggs and toast. I chose the eggs. He first told me I was getting eggs, toast and sausage. I waited like 40 minutes for the sausage and finally asked the other waiter who told me they didn't have sausage. However I ate three dinners in the restaurant and all of them were very good and I got them in a timely manner, something that is hard to say about most restaurants in Jamaica. I've been going there for 27 years. My apartment had a laundry but they charge you to use it. I would stay here again but would request a quieter room and would remember that I had to bring the extras.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

I was here with a large group of friends (37) and not one person could say that they enjoyed their stay.
Showers were terrible, no pressure and cold
Some rooms were smelly
No aircon
Ceiling fans had broken light switches so we had to take the light bulbs out in order to sleep in the dark with the fan on
Toilets were blocked
Rooms didn't have cups, hangers - the basics!
When we asked for these things, staff shrugged and said, the guests take them so we don't replace them!
Rooms were dirty
Furnishings were outdated and broken.
Service in the restaurant was shocking, again the staff were either lazy, hated their jobs or just didn't care. It is the start of the season so maybe they needed time to warm up to work but if you have guests - you are there to work, and not roll eyes and have to be reminded for every order! On our first night they ran out of white wine, on our third night they still hadn't replaced the wine! Again simple stuff making a big difference to my holiday!

I think the worst thing was management didn't seem to care, such a shame.

On the positive the lady who we met who cleaned our room was lovely, helpful and did what she could, clearly enjoyed her job but told us she'd only been there a month so I hope that doesn't disappear.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank alexwN2239RF
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

I liked the hotel it was cozy simple and accommodating . It's not 5 star so I wasn't expecting much I had a bath mat, hot water , free breakfast which was good . I'll be back soon. I enjoyed it . Don't expect 5 star greetings and such no one smiles at you but that's just the Jamaican culture sometimes. So we will be back in a few short weeks cannot wait for a hot plate of ackee and salt fish :-)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple