“Nice view, unconvincing food”
Review of San Biagio

San Biagio
Reserve with
San Biagio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 316 Restaurants in Matera
Price range: US$23 - US$53
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located, in the beautiful scenery of the famous city of stones. A timeless landscape that has no equal. Matera looks like, with shapes, colors, visions that make it a unique place in the world. The restaurant owes its name to the street of its location as well as the patron saint of the throat! In a cave of the Paleolithic with sweeping views over the stones, our guests can spend relaxing and pleasant moments ..
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice view, unconvincing food”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The tables overlooking Matera Sassi offer a fantastic view. Unfortunately the food is much less spectacular. While the starters were not very flavorful, but at least nicely presented, the main dishes were a disappointment. The lamb sausage was bland, oily and lacking in flavor, while my wife's lamb chop and the veggies were dry with a bitter taste.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Stephan N

Lugano, Switzerland
“Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

When i went here, I didn't have enough money, so, I ordered the special "pure di crema di fave con cicoria di campo e pane crocante" only. But they brought me and entrance of fruit and home made bread with a gently smile and I felt in love. after I got my meal, my simple meal, and I started feeling in paradise. the aroma and colors make this simple meal seems like an art work. and when I started to assess that green creamy meal, all my senses were delightful and could feel the soil where those beans grew and I could feel the sun of Puglia and the love of the chef.

como
“four stars location , three stars food”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

It has a really great location , remarkably in the summer where you can have dinner on the small balconies overlooking the old town . Tables are quite close to each others but space is gold here and that is a price to be paid to have the privilege of dining here .
Service really friendly , uncomplicated and making the customers feeling in a sort of homey atmosphere that alotgether might also sound somehow forced
Food well , if you read the title you see already that you could expect more in terms of selection and overall quality . I have noticed , after returning to Matera several times, that restaurants are more and more transforming themselves in sort of tourist traps and the good rich flavours you could enjoy in this town are quickly fading
if it is your first time in MAtera , try it as it enjoys a stellar position , still do not expect to have the dinner of your life , your eyes will feel better than your mouth

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I loved this restaurant! I stumbled upon San Biagio when I had a bad experience at another restaurant and walked out. It was late and we were hungry but unsure where to go.
Walking in this restaurant was the best thing we could have done. The food was delicious and fresh. The view was amazing...over the sassi. The staff, most importantly, was attentive and kind. We had the best time here...a highlight of our trip!

1 Thank Valeria C
Zurich, Switzerland
“Nice staff, food mostly good”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Nice view of maters old town "sassi". The staff is warm and welcoming. Starters are ambitiously prepared in innovative ways. At the main course the quality drops: veal sausages (good, not great), together with non description vegetables leaves me unimpressed. My wife gets a good but quite minimal pasta+tomato dish without any special surprises.

1 Thank Martin A