This is a nice hotel with wonderful views over the city. Especially the view from the roof garden at evening is very nice. In the basement is quite an amazing natural spa, which costs 10 euro entrance. Don't miss it, it is very special. Breakfast is abundant, and different from standard hotels. They offer all kind of quiches, omelettes, tartes etc.
Our room, being under ground, had a bit moisty air though, but nothing the airco couldnt handle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Locanda di San Martino lies in the heart of Matera's Sassi Historical District, and at the same time it is conveniently located at a very short distance (100 meters) from the city center. The Locanda radiates outward from the deconsecrated church of San Martino and the street of the same name, through a series of balconies that enjoy a sunny exposure and a wonderful view of the Sasso Barisano. There are twenty-two guest rooms situated on four levels, renovated with the greatest care in order to respect their original forms as single homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Locanda di San Martino - Hotel e Thermae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda San Martino Matera
- Hotel Locanda San Martino