Consistency continues with the reviews on friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The room was very spacious as far as the bedroom goes. The restaurant was closed during our stay and we did not get to take advantage of the spa. The location was so perfect. This is one our best stays in Italy.
*The Junior Suite had a Junior Shower, it was probably the smallest shower I have ever seen in all of my travels. I'm a round person, so if I was to drop the soap, I would have had to slide the glass door to bend down to pick it up. This would not prevent me from wanting to stay here again.
I would love to try the restaurant, but just across the way a bit is a fantastic place to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Locanda di San Martino lies in the heart of Matera's Sassi Historical District, and at the same time it is conveniently located at a very short distance (100 meters) from the city center. The Locanda radiates outward from the deconsecrated church of San Martino and the street of the same name, through a series of balconies that enjoy a sunny exposure and a wonderful view of the Sasso Barisano. There are twenty-two guest rooms situated on four levels, renovated with the greatest care in order to respect their original forms as single homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Locanda di San Martino - Hotel e Thermae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda San Martino Matera
- Hotel Locanda San Martino