Matera was arguably the highlight of our southern Italy, off-the-beaten-path family vacation and this hotel was a treat. Family with two teenage boys and a mother-in-law loved our short stay here. I have never seen anything like it. So unusual. They helped find us a wonderful guide who gave us a very interesting tour of the town and it's history. Highly recommend a visit to Matera (as well as Alborabello to stay in the Trulli).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Locanda di San Martino lies in the heart of Matera's Sassi Historical District, and at the same time it is conveniently located at a very short distance (100 meters) from the city center. The Locanda radiates outward from the deconsecrated church of San Martino and the street of the same name, through a series of balconies that enjoy a sunny exposure and a wonderful view of the Sasso Barisano. There are twenty-two guest rooms situated on four levels, renovated with the greatest care in order to respect their original forms as single homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Locanda di San Martino - Hotel e Thermae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda San Martino Matera
- Hotel Locanda San Martino