“Cosy hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Monodendri
Thessaloniki
“Cosy hotel”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I've stayed in Archondiko Zarkada during Christmas for 3 days and all in all the expereince was very good. The room was cosy and spacious. It had a fireplace and the owner brought us every afternoon woods for it. The breakfast was simple but delicious. I had the opportunity to taste traditional pies! The stuff was really kind, helpful and ready to answer to our questions. The hotel is in Monodendri which is a very good base if you want to visit Zagorochoria, as it's in the middle of everything. Overall I'll choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with fireplace
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Silver_Greece

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 24 November 2013

There are so many hotels in Zagorohoria that we were totally lost in choosing hotel. But finally i liked pictures of Archontiko Zarkada and we decided to go there. And this was the best choice! We were alone in the hotel, but the owners were treating us in the best way! We were served breakfast every morning - just for us! I can't say it was a big variety, but i suppose that when there are more people the variety is bigger. But we had famous Zagori pies - every day with a new taste. We had suite with fireplace - the room is big and we had a small room with fireplace and everything we needed. Every day the owners were giving to us new woods for fireplace. The room is decorated in traditional greek style that creates specific mood! Everything is clean and comfortable. The owners were helpful and gave us tips on traveling around Zagorohoria. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alena G
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My stay was pleasant, and inspired by other reviews on trip advisor. I diverted from my itinerary to visit the Vikos Gorge area and the quaint old stone bridges in the area.

The staff - a brother and sister - were very helpful and accommodating. I had no reservation and the hotel was full, except for one room in which part of the shower wasn't working. However, I fortunately wasn't in need of an one immediately, so I stayed in that room. I did some hiking around the area and decided to stay for two more nights. Each night I changed rooms, which I really didn't mind as they were accommodating me, plus it gave me a chance to see the different rooms.

The style of the rooms were very well done and very cozy with old stone walls and stained wood. The colors chosen in the painted rooms were unique and welcoming. I didn't have a room with a fireplace, but in early September, I didn't need one. I liked all three rooms, but I think the room I had the first night was my favorite, just because of the additional veranda door.

The good: value, the pleasant table and chairs just outside the rooms, a mini gym, the food in their attached restaurant, the view from the restaurant balcony, comfortable beds.
The not so good: The included breakfast was a little weak, but I was grateful for it. No stopper available for the tiny bathtub. (After hiking all day I sure was a little disappointed!) but I did make due, the hot tube was unavailable

The village, as the other 80 or so villages in the area, was very tranquil and the hotel and staff complemented it very well. They've done a good job here.

Room Tip: If you're in need of only a double, choose a room with outside access in the back as it very com...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank kc m
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was a really nice hotel. Personnel was really friendly. Rooms were nicely decorated and the view from rooms was great! Food at the restaurant was great also. There was not that much variety of food at breakfast, but everything that was on offer was really tasty, I loved especially the apple pie. They have some local hiking maps to borrow.

My only complaints would be that the walls at the hotel were rather thin, so there was some noise when our next door guests woke up. Also, we chose this hotel partly because of the pool, but didn't use it since it was really rather small, plus there were some dead bugs in it. Then again, the weather wasn't so hot, so we didn't have to cool off at the pool.

Overall I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Adiara
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Beautiful scenery, amazing location.
Nice staff and wonderful room with incredible views.
The hidden Greece... Surrounding by nature and mountains. We had an enjoyable stay and we will love to come back.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Caroline H
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2013

A beautiful hotel in an old trad stone house, lovely rooms, good food, family run.
All rooms furnished in the old style
Easy to walk to the gorge, with breathtaking views
Take the road behind the hotel to see the gorge from another point

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have a good view but room 7 was very good , could see the gorge and the valley
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank moley70
Ireland
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this pretty hotel last year and decided to return again for a night this year and we were not disappointed. The views are stunning. The rooms are spotless and the beds are so comfortable. We paid 35euro for the night with breakfast . The breakfast is ample to set you on your way . Will definatly be returning to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank gorgebabe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monodendri
Papaevangelou Hotel
Archontiko Dilofou
Archontiko Dilofou
#1 of 1 in Dilofo
Primoula Country Hotel and Spa

Been to Arhondiko Zarkada? Share your experiences!