“Thank you for recommending this restaurant”

Da Ciccio Cielo Mare E Terra
Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Amalfi
Price range: US$47 - US$76
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Beautiful from start to finish. Drove out 3 km from Amalfi towards Positano and was greeted by a gentleman directing us to the carpark. Lead to the door and taken upstairs to the beautifully appointed room which has stunning views of the twinkling coastline.
Greeted warmly by our waiter who advised us what to have and then greeted by the sommelier who chose our wines and so well too. The food was pure and natural and just beautifully flavoured. The meals are served, so professionally at your table. That alone was so interesting to watch. We never have dessert but we were just so excited by the flavours of the meal that we tried two and they added a sample of a third, Rum Babba, us and they were just lovely.

1  Thank Delma D

Reviewed 16 October 2013

One of our best friends in Rome recommended our having dinner at the Trattoria Da Ciccio Cielo Mare e Terra in Amalfi, Italy, during our visit there. We weren't disappointed. We stayed in the Amalfi area for a total of eight days, and my wife and I concluded that it was the best restaurant we had dined in in the area during all that time, bar none. The restaurant, owned by the same family since the end of World War I, is now run by a father (Ciccio) and his three sons, Antonio, Giuseppi and Marco. Marco is the chef, and a great chef he is. Over the years, my wife and I have dined at quite a few two and three Michelin starred restaurants, and this restaurant, not yet having been given even one star, outshines many of those starred restaurants in both food and service. Incredibly, it was very reasonably priced too! Antonio is simply charming, and is in charge of the dining room, while Giuseppi is the resident wine expert. We liked the restaurant so much that we went back a second time. On that occasion, upon tasting one of Marco's fine dishes, I remarked how much it reminded me of a delicacy I used to enjoy when we were living in Japan. Only, it was better! Antonio then amazed me by describing the ingredients that went into the Japanese dish and how it differed from what I was eating that night. Ciccio, Antonio, Marco and Giuseppi have, indeed, created an incredible jewel of a restaurant there, overlooking the town of Amalfi. It's a shame that Trip Advisor only allows up to five stars, as I'd give it ten if I could. It's not to be missed!

MacroMicro

2  Thank MacroMicro
Reviewed 15 October 2013

As others have reported, the staff at Trattoria Da Ciccio Cielo Mara a Terra in Amalfi go above and beyond to make the dining experience a memory to treasure. We contacted them by email, got a response right away, and were met near the bus stop in Amalfi Center by car and whsked 3 km west on the road to Positano by our waiter. On the way, the restaurant specials were described. The food was excellent; we especially loved the pumpkin soup- subtle blend of flavors with a crouton stuffed with prawns, fresh herbs, mild pumpkin. The fresh radicchio and other ingredients of our salad were grown at the farm in nearby Ravello. Our catch of the day bronzing was perfect with a light lemon sauce and the Meloncello was wonderful after dinner.

The service was attentive and expert, particularly with wine pairing by the sommelier. All in all a wonderful evening.

1  Thank WMKMD
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had an excellent dinner at Da Ciccio. The location is great, and tables located close to the terrace offer an amazing view. The staff is very friendly, the degustation menu is well worth the price. And the sommelier is very passionate about his job and about taking care that the wine meets the expectations of the client. He can provide good ideas if you want to buy wines from the surroundings (and also of course from all over Italy).

2  Thank TheGregster
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I were on a 3 week honeymoon in Italy and during that time we ate at many restaurants throughout the country. By far this was the best fine dining experience we had while in Italy. The waiters were passionate and knowledgable about the menu, the wine, and serving you while dining. The food and wine was exceptional, we ate at Ciccio Cielo twice and ordered all four courses both times we dined and loved every course. We also recommended this restaurant to our British neighbors who, I think, loved it more than we did. If you are anywhere near this restaurant you wont regret stopping in!

1  Thank Brock K