“Pizza Nirvana”

Ranked #16 of 109 Restaurants in Amalfi
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Having had the good fortune to spend part of my childhood and early teens visiting Naples many years ago, I consider myself to be a " pizza snob" who has been dismayed to witness the "dumbing down" of pizza to where in most places It resembles nothing more than cheese on toast!
Thank the heavens therefore for Donna Stella where the art of producing real pizza in the traditional style lives on. Great location, friendly and charming service and remarkable value all add up to "pizza nirvana".

Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

In our dreams of visiting Amalfi, we pictured ourselves meeting a wonderful family who owned and operated a delicious restaurant. We also imagined that by the end of the meal we would feel like family with hugs and good wishes, this is exactly what we experienced at Donna Stella!
Mama Stella draws you in with her smile, kindness, and heart. When you meet her daughters Germana and Lorenza you know exactly where they inherited their warmth and kindness. Needless to say the food was absolutely incredible and the ambiance equally as much!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went to this place at the advice of a cab driver. it was perfect. the atmosphere is beautiful as it it nestled amongst the under belly of many lemon trees. the food was REALLY good too! The only thing I didn't love which is why I didn't give it 5 stars is that the service could have been a little better. the waitress was very kind and very busy. We ordered another appetizer while we waited for our dinner but she never brought it. must have forgotten. they are very busy and we waited 45 minutes to be seated. Would have made a reservation if we had known about the place sooner. Its also very hard to find which makes it a fun excursion. Its not on the main streets of Amalfi, but on a secondary street that was fun to discover.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to eat here after seeing a recommendation/review pop up from a friend of mine that had been here the year before. I love that about trip advisor! It's a little bit of a hidden place so make sure you ask a local to point you in the right direction!
We absolutely loved the atmosphere, beautiful flowers and lemons that put out the most magnificent scent. The pizza was absolutely delish, the table wine OK, and we finished with limoncello that was very good. Prompt, no fuss service. Overall, we would certainly recommend Donna Stella!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Much praise has been written about the quality of the pizza, the good service, and the ambience
under the lemons at this tiny place. All of it is well deserved. I can't say more than to agree with all the very nice comments about Pizzeria Donna Stella. Just a little out of the way to find, but well worth it!