“Good restaurant and can't fault the location”

Ristorante Pizzeria Sant'Andrea
Ranked #42 of 109 Restaurants in Amalfi
Price range: US$18 - US$71
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were staying in the nearby S.Andrea hotel and this restaurant was recommended to us. Centrally located restaurant, ideal for people spotting and nice atmosphere. We had a very pleasant eventing meal here and would probably go back. I had the Spaghetti aglio e olio which was cooked to perfection while my husband had escalope of veal which he said was great - clean plates all round. No meal in Amalfi is complete without a lemon cake and we werent disappointed here. The night we were in the coffee machine was broken (!) but complimentary limoncello was offered. Its not fancy but its central and I would go back for that spaghetti alone.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We just stopped in for a quick coffee before dinner service. There were at least 4 restaurant employees milling about, setting tables, etc. We were seated quickly, but once seated, had to hunt someone down each time we needed or wanted something. No one checked on us, made eye contact, or otherwise helped us, unless we repeatedly begged "Scusi" to get attention. The food might have been awesome, but the service was poor.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I ate here twice during our Amalfi stay. I had the same thing both times ( when you have a winner, stick with it). I had a simple dish of spaghetti alio olio (with a little crushed red pepper) and it was very good. The pasta was cooked perfectly al dente both times. Again, a simple dish, very tasty, cooked perfectly. Great outdoor sitting area where we could get off our tired feet, take our time, enjoy the people watching right there in the square and catch a nice breeze coming off the water. Service was good too. Sorry I cannot vouch for other dishes. My husband had the pizza and it was just ok but remember, it is surprisingly hard to find good pizza, even in Rome-unless you are in the Naples/Sorrento area.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

After visiting the Sant'Andrea church we were famished and happened upon this quaint little restaurant right in Piazza Duomo. The location couldn't be better to relax and enjoy Amalfi's popular city center. Yes, there is a cover charge, so if you are vehemently against cover charges, run away, but it's not that much and the food and location are worth it.

Most restaurants and pizzerias we ate at on our two week trip to Italy all blend together. I can't remember 95% of them. The Ristorante Sant'Andrea stood out because of the quality of their homemade scialatielli which I tried on the recommendation of our server. I have NEVER eaten such a tasty pasta in my life. I've eaten more noodles and pasta in my life than I care to recount, and this place's scialatielli was just unforgettable. I ordered it with frutti di mare (seafood), and honestly, I can't even remember what the seafood tasted like because the scialatielli was so delicious. It was the perfect thickness, firmness, and consistency. My son--who ate pizza for two straight weeks at every meal--thought his pizza was outstanding as well. I can't remember what my wife and daughter ordered...too busy eating the scialatielli. It was so good, I took a picture of the menu just so I would remember the name of the restaurant. Definitely worth a stop when visiting Amalfi.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The location is simply perfect just next to the stairs of Saint Andrea. We were lucky enough to enjoy the breeze outside on our last day in Amalfi by lounging for lunch in this restaurant. A wandering live band came along also and started playing right next to us some nice musical Italian sounds, the food was delicious. Prices were ok, but I didn't like that they charge you extra 4 euros per couple for the church contribution, and no questions asked. Anyway you have to pay it whether you like it or not.