1,158 results
All reviews infinity pool our honeymoon converted monastery stunning hotel amazing views welcome drink the cliff street level terrace overlooking walk into town every hour hotel restaurant perfect stay the hotel offers would highly recommend this hotel junior suite shuttle bus
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

“Enchantment” best describes our stay at this hotel. It was good to go into town to see shops, coffee bars and such. But staying at this hotel was such a delight, my wife and I were jealous to leave. The staff, the surroundings, the chef made us feel we were in a villa/ castle that was ours. So clean and accommodating. The views were breathtaking. I wanted to just keep my bathroom on and walk the grounds every hour (with a glass of Amafi wine in hand). As a Nikon Ambassador, my wife has photographed around the world. To hear her expressions of appreciation for this hotel and what it offers made me very very happy to have chosen to stay here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Salvatore T, Direttore generale at NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with the community of Tripadvisor.

Your kind words really fill me with joy and pride as knowing that you loved your stay with us is the most important thing for me and all the Staff at the Convento di Amalfi.

We hope that each picture taken will bring back great memories and, above all, we hope that you will come back soon!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Our hotel was amazing. The view out to sea was stunning. We had three sets of doors opening on to our terrace overlooking Amalfi. The room was bright and comfortable. We ate in the hotel restaurant and it was delightful. This is an extremely expensive hotel, but we got a great price going off season. There is a very helpful shuttle that runs up and down the hill into town, so that guests do not have to traverse the steep roadside. In room amenities were wonderful... very happy here.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with the community of Tripadvisor.

Your kind words are a source of pride for me and all the Staff here at the Convento where we love to take care of our Guests making sure that everything goes beyond expectations.

I also would like to thank you for your preference and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back here with us.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

The hotel was a former monastery and stretches out over a large area at the steep hillside overlooking Amalfi.
The room was very comfortable and had a privat balcony. A modern infinity pool is overlooking the sea.
The breakfast was very delicious and the view from the terrace is just breathtaking. The staff is very friendly and attentive.

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel on Tripadvisor and sharing your feedback.

It's great to know that we have a new fan of the NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi!

I hope you will come back soon to enjoy the stunning views and facilities of our Hotel.

We look forwards to welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

The hotel was lovely and so many areas to investigate including the church. The service overall was excellent as was the service and the food and the ambience. Visiting in Nov can have its challenges, a lot of nice weather but quite a few showers, but warm enough to sit outside and enjoy the morning rays.

Room Tip: Even in November the weather was warm and good enough to use the terrace in our Junior suite with wonderful view of Amalfi and the sea.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and with the community of Tripadvisor.

From the views to the food, from the rooms to the architecture, all elements here at our Hotel blend together and create the perfect location for an unforgettable stay in Amalfi ... even in winter time!

I hope you will come back to visit again as we would love to make you live another Extraordinary Experience.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

The Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi is completely renovated 13th century monastery, built into the cliff and facing the sea. The views from the rooms are striking.
This is a truly 5 Star property, the staff is extremely helpful and attentive throughout your stay, without being intrusive. I had lost my toiletries at the airport, and asked the hotel where I could go to purchase replacements on a Saturday evening, off-season. They said it would be much easier if they sent a staff member to the store, and 20 minutes later I had everything I needed. Furthermore, they would not accept payment from me for the purchases!
I only wish I had more time to extend my stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a large balcony
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

I am really pleased that you fell in love with the fascinating history and stunning views of our NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi and, moreover, that our Staff was successful in making you feel "cuddled".

It has been our pleasure to have you as our Guest and look forwards to welcoming you back!