“Great Hospitality ... Nice View for reasonable price”

Hotel Bellevue Suites
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Loved staying at this hotel. Very friendly and helpful owner of the hotel. Great view and priceless view from the balcony.
Just 10 minutes walk to the center of Amalfi.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BimalD

Reviewed 22 February 2011

We were made very comfortable by owner, Thomas. Rooms and the lobby are clean and good sized. Parking available right outside the front door, unlike a lot of the modest hotels. About two miles to city center.
The continental breakfast has the usual cold cuts and breads, but features delicious freshly squeezed orange juice from the ir own orchard.
Friendly Thomas provides many reliable recommendations on what to see in the area, timing to go to Capri, (great family run) restaurants, shopping, etc.
A good selection for those seeking middle=priced accomodations.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Our stay was spoilt by the dishonesty of the hotel owner, Antonio. He took our money and promised to pay the fine for us for wrong parking. Evidently, he kept the money for his own use and now we have problems with the delay of payment. Being cheated like this is a great frustration.
Moreover, the atmosphere in the hotel is very unfriendly, there is no own beach, the location is not good.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank anngornostaeva
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and totally fall in love with this hotel. The best value for money hotel during my 2 weeks in Italy.

Room: Spacious and clean. The big balcony in front of the bed offers a breathtaking view of the sea. Its so relaxing to enjoy the spectacular view and sea breeze first thing in the morning.

Service: The staffs are helpful. Antonio is very nice. I am one of the gulity unprepared travellers. Whenever I ask him question, he will try his best to assist. He might not be very expressive, may not smile as much but this does not mean that he is unhelpful and not welcoming. I rather have someone that smile to me sincerely than to smile for the sake of smiling. I have no problem with that and find him very Italian, very cool.

Food: You get the same set of breakfast every day. Ham, cheese, biscuit, orange juice (this is super nice too!), coffee, croissant, bread. The portion is generous and the croissant is scrumptous! Its true that they have strict rules on food and drinks. I do not think you need to bring any food or drinks back to the room as good food is everywhere in Italy.

Location: Its about 10-15 mins walk from the bus station in the town area. With luggage, I would recommend you to take a cab to the hotel. Other than that, its a good walk to town.

I will definitely stay in this hotel again and would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2010

Stayed in this hotel 4 nights, 5 days, and had a mixed reaction to this establishment.

Location: The hotel is situated on the far side of the main road, not on the coast line side. You do have a great view, but it is not as dramatic as some of the other hotels on the other side of the street. It's also at LEAST a 20 minute walk to downtown. We are both 30 years old and very active sports players, so we walk at a brisk pace. Don't be fooled by the "10 minute" walks posted elsewhere. Or you can have the owner drive you down, for 6 euros each way...

No food/drink in the rooms. This isn't such a huge issue, unless you want to bring that bottle of water you bought in town with you. You can try to sneak it in, but don't let them catch you!!

I had a distinctly odd feeling that I was staying as a guest in someone's house (not in a good way!), rather than paying to stay in a vacation hotel. Rules posted everywhere, eyes following your every move, and being put in your place at a moments notice. We were told not to talk in the stairwell as there might be sleeping guests. We were not allowed to sit on a table for 4 because we were only 2: in a COMPLETELY EMPTY dinning room. We ate our entire breakfast without seeing another guest. So much for sitting near the window.

Breakfast consists of: 2 slices of salami, 2 slices of proscuito, 2 slices of bread. That's it. Sometimes you get a yogurt. The only thing I do credit to breakfast is the great juice or coffee.

The hotel is clean, and our room was cleaned each day perfectly. The bathroom had an odd smell, as mentioned in other posts, and I believe it might be due to the water being from a well?? It's a strange musky-mossy smell. Internet is 2 euro per hour, and they wont bring up the cable if you need one. He actually said they would prefer us to use the internet downstairs on wifi then in our room.

We payed 70 euro per night off season. If your budget allows it, stay elsewhere. Hotel Miramalfi is closer to downtown, right on the seaside cliffs, has a pool, free internet, free shuttle, and isn't that much more expensive than Bellevue.

Our advice: only stay here if you cannot afford elsewhere, and you get a great deal.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stugactz
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Clean hotel but the manager will raise your blood pressure which is not good while on vacation. No food or drinks in your room, no internet in the dining room, no buffet breakfast which means one coffee, one orange juice, one yogurt and so forth. Wifi will cost you. The thing is, the owner feels like you owe him big time even though you're paying with your hard earned money. A lot of other choices in Amalfi that will make you feel more welcome.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jeafort
Reviewed 13 October 2010

On arrival for my first trip to the Amalfi Coast, I was delighted to see my accommodations at Hotel Bellevue Suites. Not only did Thomas and the entire staff welcome me with open arms, but the charming lobby welcomes you as well. My room was beautiful and always maticulously clean, but the terrace took my breath away and I had a hard time leaving it to go on all of my sightseeing jaunts. They served my breakfast on the terrace any time I wanted. How they spoiled me! It is so beautiful and would be so romantic for couples. I traveled alone and loved the relaxing atmosphere. An important fact for me was the safe feeling at the hotel, and the personal attention given to me by all. The views from my terrace were breathtaking, overlooking the sea and Amalfi center. Anything you needed was always a simple task for them. They even arranged my ride to the Naples airport when I had to leave. This would be the only place for me in Amalfi. I absolutely loved it. Thanks to this hotel and all of their personal attention, my solo trip was amazing.
Jan Stevenson