“Already planning to return here next year.”

Hotel Bellevue Suites
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 21 February 2010

The hotel is about a ten minute walk from the center of the town of Amalfi. This was one of the most enjoyable stays I have ever experienced in any hotel. This family run hotel makes you feel like one of the family and does everything they can to make your stay memorable. Immaculate rooms and lobby, with wonderful fresh juice and coffee in the morning and continental fare. The suites have fantastic views of Amalfi and the sea, with terraces. You will not be disappointed..

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family

An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 18 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We stayed here over New Year's eve with our 18 year old son. We were a little concerned about booking this hotel because of the mixed reviews on this website. We needn't have worried. The room was great - we had a suite with a large terrace with an outstanding view of Amalfi and the Mediterranean Sea. The walk to town was very pleasant (about 20 minutes each way). The staff (including father and son) were very helpful, taking care of our car and providing excellent local advice. Breakfast was excellent, and despite the warnings about food and drink in the rooms, wine was available when ever we wanted. We had a wonderful meal at Trattoria Da Ciccio nearby, and a great view from our terrace of the fireworks over the town on New Year's eve.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2009

I've stayed in Bellevue for 2 weeks in October. I booked the room in about 2 month before coming. Everything was fine when I arrived. The room was ready. I found this hotel absolutely great. Rooms are big and very clean. The pictures provided on the hotel's website are quite informative to see what are going to get. The place is very clean throughout. Although the weather was not always good I was enjoying my nice clean room and a stunning sea views from my private balcony.
The hotel is located in about 15 minutes walk from centre of Amalfi. Very convenient. You can always catch a bus from Amalfi if you are not fancy walking uphill. Also, there are lots of nice character villages around where you can easily get by a bus.
The staff is absolutely nice and friendly. Antonio and Thomaso - the owners, were very friendly and have provided great advice on places around.
Also wanted to mention that the hotel has one of the best stuffed bars I have ever seen. Sprits and liquors collection is just endless.
Summarizing, I had a great time in Bellevue and would recommend it to everyone. I will definitely come back in summer again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2009

+ Clean room
- kid unfriendly owner (supreme commander)
- incomprehensible rules (e.g. car parking payment if you leave car there after having checked out,......canot bring food into the room,........breakfast till 9.30?),
- we never had the impression to be welcome as guests, sad to see Italians with such poor customer friendliness

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank Wadoer
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The breathtaking views from this lovely hotel would alone be worth the price to stay there, but throw in a very large and charmingly appointed room, impeccable cleanliness, great service, and the best limoncello we've ever tasted and you have a real winner. Don't be daunted by the walk into town - it's worth every step to see the views. And get out of the tourist trap area of Amalfi itself - take the walking trail to Atrani, or go hiking in the hills. Thomas, the head of fthe amily which owns and runs this hotel is a treasure - seemingly gruff, but most kind and helpful. Happily recommended!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Bellevue in June for the second time; this time I was with my mother and sister. Once again, Amalfi and this hotel were the highlights of the trip. I've been to Amalfi on three other occasions, and stayed here on my last trip. I can't imagine visiting Amalfi without staying at the Hotel Bellevue. It is my favorite hotel in my favorite place in Italy! Quite frankly, my sister and my mother were ready to just stay there and skip Firenze and Tuscany.

I have been all over Italy many times, and without question, this is the best 3-star hotel I've been in. The hotel is lovely, as is the staff. It is operated by Tomas and his son, Antonio. Both are warm, friendly, and helpful; and Tomas especially is quite entertaining. Both speak excellent English; Tomas also speaks German, French, Spanish, and at least one other language fluently.

The rooms in the hotel are large and newly updated. The rooms on the front side of the hotel have beautiful terraces with tables, chairs, and flowers, that overlook the sea. The view from the terrace alone is worth the price! I don't know of any other hotels in Amalfi that offer such a large terrace with such a spectacular view. The rooms themselves are very spacious and comfortable; the bathrooms are also very nice.

Breakfast is quite sufficient - croissants, breads, meats, and cheese. Delicious coffee -- and fresh squeezed orange juice, from the sweet oranges of the region. The OJ is quite amazing.

The hotel is about a quarter mile outside of town. As a result, it has a more more relaxed feel to it, and there's much less noise in the evening. I've walked to town and back repeatedly - during the day and in the evening, and it is a nice 15-20 minute walk, although it is uphill on the return trip.

Tomas and his staff have provided excellent recommendations for dinners, as well as for other activities. My husband and I stayed here 3 years ago -- Tomas was very helpful in directing us to pathways all over the region to hike -- as well as places to see along the way.

I am already thinking about my next trip to Italy. I plan to stay in Amalfi for the entire time -- at the Hotel Bellevue. It is the Best!!

• Stayed: June 2009