“Peaceful, tranquil little gem”

Hotel Bellevue Suites
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Along with other reviewers here I was a little sceptical given some of the bad reviews that have been posted but my worries were put at ease when we arrived and were greeted by both father & son owners/managers of the Bellevue hotel.
They could not have been more helpful and gave us ANY information we requested and also made many many suggestions for our stay in Amalfi.
The hotel is cool, airy, spotlessly clean and is a real peacful little haven from the bustling town of Amalfi. Location wise it is a good ten minute walk into the town but it's a very pleasant walk. I didn't do the walk from the town back to the hotel, preferring to get the bus as the walk back is quite steep! The buses are regular and cheap and take only about 2-3 minutes.

Lastly I have to mention the orange juice served for breakfast, simply THE best I have ever tasted, EVER.

I would and hopefully WIll return to the Belleview Hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Magicsmammy
There are newer reviews for Hotel Bellevue Suites

Reviewed 7 June 2010

My family stayed for 10 days at Hotel Bellevue Suites in the month of April 2010 with three rooms overlooking the Ocean.
This hotel has an amazing location and a spectacular overview of the ocean…
It is a very convenient location for any tourist… especially since the main road & car parking are just outside the hotel door… and there are no huge staircases to ascend/descend to gain access to the hotel… which makes a big difference when you are tired after a full day of sight-seeing..!!!
It’s a short walk from Amalfi town centre and even the walk up to the hotel is not too long or steep.
The hotel is managed on a totally personal level… by the Esposito father (Tomasso) and son (Antonio) who personally ensure very high standards of cleanliness & hygiene and they pay attention to the finest of details… which are usually overlooked even at super-luxury 7-star hotels.
The courtesy level is unparalleled… and they treat each and every customer with such importance… that everyone feels they are a VIP guest.
Both father & son and the management/hotel staff have it ingrained in them to pay special attention to ensure that their customer’s are not inconvenienced in any way… that the customers do not get over-charged for any facility utilized outside the hotel… and that they get to see/do the best/most suitable things in and around Amalfi. Whenever anyone from the management is free… they are always willing to drive the guests into the town centre… AT NO COST OR CHARGE..!!!! In fact… they are also ever-willing to come to the town centre and collect a guest… just to save the guests the taxi/bus ride or the walk… up to the hotel.
The linen is of exceptionally good quality and spotlessly clean. The furniture is stylish and purpose oriented. The layout of the rooms is practical and they are brightly lit, very airy and well ventilated. The air-conditioning is very efficient and even the bathrooms are air-conditioned which is a rare facility at hotels similar to these.
In actual fact… every nook-and-corner of the hotel is extremely clean and there was never a day when we saw a single thing in the hotel that dissatisfied us.!
The room rent charged has also been extremely reasonable… and similar hotels of the same caliber but not similar location… were asking for much higher amounts per room.
The service, cleanliness, comfort and value-for-money at this hotel… is unparalleled…!!
All-in-all… this hotel gave us the feeling and comfort of being in a FIVE STAR HOTEL.. when we didn't even pay a fraction of the room rates..!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Homi-Pune-2016
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Was very happy with this hotel. Very cute and well taken care of, in a beautiful setting. I could tell the owner took a lot of pride in this establishment. I saw a few reviews complaining about the "rules" here. They do stress not bringing in outside food or beverages (they do have food available at very decent prices), or not making insane amounts of noise but I didn't find this to be a problem. I believe that if you are looking to party and get crazy, this is not the place for you. My friends and I came back to the hotel a bit late one night and the owner actually went into the back to make me some food and grab me a glass of wine, which I thought was sweet considering what time it was. If you want a quiet, clean, charming hotel then you've found the spot. The only thing they could improve on is making wi-fi available in the rooms. I could access it in the main lobby but not in our room. Besides that, everything else was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Panic562
Reviewed 4 June 2010

My name is Emilio Miani, I am from Ontario, Canada. First time visiting Amalfi Coast. Selected this hotel from the information provided on the internet, it is everything written on it an more.
We found the Management to be just outstanding, everything we asked for was answered and with a corteous smile. Found every area of the hotel to be super clean.
The panoramic view of the Amalfi Gulf is just gorgeous. Since the hotel is located about a one kilometer outside town we found it to be very quite at night, great for sleepping.
my e-mail address is emiliomiani@yahoo.ca any inquiries is welcomed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank varano86
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I don't usually write reviews however, Hotel Bellevue Suites and the staff made our stay in the Amalfi coast very enjoyable and Perfect. The hotel was clean, comfortable and very nice. We were located an easy 10 minute very scenic walk into Almalfi. Our balcony / patio overlooked the coast and ocean and presented a spectacular view. The hotel staff made the real difference, making us feel very welcome and comfortable. They we so friendly and had many suggestions about sights to see and restaurants that were all excellent. The comfortable lobby made it very easy for us to interact with other guests from all over the world, resulting in some wonderful new friends.
I am very patricular about staying in clean modern hotels. I am defintely recommending Hotel Bellevue Suites.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mthaw
Reviewed 24 May 2010

The Hotel Bellevue is one of the finest Hotels I have stayed in. This is my second stay and will not be my last. The owner makes you feel like you are his family. He makes your stay there a pleasure. The rooms and Hotel are immaculate. The owner and his son know all there is to know about Italy and the Amalfi Coast so he always recommends the nicest restaurants, and the best places to visit in and around Amalfi. He speaks 6 languages to accommodate all of his guests.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank JoeCava
Reviewed 21 May 2010

First of all, I have to say that the owner of the hotel was one of the nicest people I met on our trip to Italy. He is adorable and makes the BEST homemade orange juice I have ever had. He has a blood orange orchard and they are naturally super sweet. I am craving it as we speak!
We had great service and found the hotel to be super clean. It made me sad for those other visitors paying top dollar for their accommodations. Free internet as well, which was hard to find. Would stay again without question.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple