“Really nice food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We accidentally found this restaurant. We walked in and the staff were a bit stuffy. Asked if we had a reservation. Yet there were plenty of free tables the whole time we were there so I'm not sure what that was about. However although the staff do have this air of superiority and seriousness the actual food was great. We had the steak and it was delicious. As was the desserts. Can't fault the quality and taste of the food. A bit on the pricey side but we thoroughly enjoyed it. If the staff got there act together and perhaps took on a whole different attitude to customers and customer service they could be full every night. Don't let this put you off. The foods fab.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Can't complain about the food but the service was so stuffy and cold it made me feel like never coming back. I enjoyed the pasta with clams which was my least favorite seafood pasta while on the coast while my husband had pasta with mixed seafood and it was his favorite seafood pasta while on the coast. Even though my pasta was my least favorite it was still very good. The seafood was extremely fresh and flavorful. We sat overlooking the sea and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. If the service had been at least decent I would have given it 5 of 5. The food was 5 of 5 but the service was pretty terrible. This was my 5th trip to Italy and the worst service I have ever had in Italy.

1  Thank Klabens
Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you're looking for a beautiful spot right on the water, this is your place. Unfortunately if you looking for great service, it's not; however, the screaming match that occurred between two waiters came at no added expense and was, for a moment, worth the price of the $7 seating fee attached to the bill...kind of like Amalfi's version of a dinner playhouse, albeit one with a very short act. The food was good...but not great. Also, we were here in late May and, for the first time, discovered that Amalfi does indeed have mosquitoes...for some reason they attacked me incessantly but left my wife alone...next time, eau de bug spray will compliment my euro look ensemble.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I'll start by saying that there is nothing wrong with this restaurant but there is also nothing right. Our driver also sorted our table, that's where his tip got halved. We had Clams and pasta as our main course which consisted of 10 small clams and a nice sauce, the starters were OK but not great. You are squashed into a small space. And when you think you are still paying your driver while you sit and eat, I would question the sense in this. This meal cost 102 Euro plus the 45 Euro for driver, that's £115 and I was still hungry which for Italy is really unusual. cavete CENATOR

1  Thank Mebyon
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were taken here by our driver on a trip along the Amalfi Coast. The setting is lovely, looking out from its beach location onto the sea. The menu is varied and the food our party had was delicious. It wasn't busy when we arrived and the waiting staff were efficient if not overly friendly.