“Great View; Fresh Fish”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a lovely restaurant with a great sea view. The fresh sea bass was great but an expensive lunch at 93 euros and that was just 2 glasses of wine for us, not a bottle. Not giving this a 5 as it is easy to determine that private tour guides (ours included) recommend this place....a lot, and we assume there may be some kind of compensation given to the drivers for doing so since there is much discussion between the driver and the restaurant staff upon dropping you off. Also, if you are on a private drive tour, would recommend a place where service is faster as a 2 hr. lunch cuts out a lot of your time that could be spent on seeing the sites instead of waiting for food.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We have to disgree with other reviewers with regard to the service; we found all waiters very friendly. Had a most enjoyable evening. Great table, wine, food & well looked after.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I agree with other reviewers that the service is not wonderful and the staff is on the severe side, but I overlooked it for the food, (which was delicious, although overpriced) the convenience, (right next to our hotel) and the sunset view of Amalfi from the restaurant terrace....My husband had a fish filet--very fresh--he said it was the best fish he had eaten on our seafood exploration trip...I had an interesting and different casserole of a combination of mussels and crustaceans which was very good as well..The Costa d'Amalfi 2012 bottle of wine, a chocolate delicacy, and the rhythmic pounding of the waves (the tide was changing?) completed the evening...I probably wouldn't go back, but it was a good experience!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were fortunate referred to this restaurant by a local we were travel on the ferry with and after reading the other reviews, I can see how it can be perceived this restaurant may not be warm and friendly; with it's clean crisp table cloths, bow tie waiters, and spectacular sea side view. We had a a small baby and were seated in the corner of the restaurant although we only the 2nd couple there - but sometimes you just gotta put up with that to get the best pasta dishes in all of Amalfi, if not Italy. I have eaten at many a restaurants this meal was by far the best I had in long time. The pasta was prefect with squid, my wife has the in house specialty and both dishes rewarded the taste buds. Make this place part of your tour to get the real taste of Italy.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We accidentally found this restaurant. We walked in and the staff were a bit stuffy. Asked if we had a reservation. Yet there were plenty of free tables the whole time we were there so I'm not sure what that was about. However although the staff do have this air of superiority and seriousness the actual food was great. We had the steak and it was delicious. As was the desserts. Can't fault the quality and taste of the food. A bit on the pricey side but we thoroughly enjoyed it. If the staff got there act together and perhaps took on a whole different attitude to customers and customer service they could be full every night. Don't let this put you off. The foods fab.