“Hotel Luna Convento”

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Prague, Czech Republic
“Hotel Luna Convento”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Beautiful hotel with the spirit and magic atmosphere. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was amazing, just couple of steps far away from the central square. Enjoy the breathtaking view from your room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My husband and I were recently married in Amalfi, Italy (September 2012) and choose to host our intimate wedding reception and cocktail hour at the Hotel Luna Convento. We had visited Amalfi 4 years prior and just fell in the love with the city and specifically that restaurant. We had to go back! The cocktail hour was hosted in the hotel's cloister and was absolutely breathtaking and magical. It was the perfect beginning to our fun evening. The food and service was amazing and it complemented the already beautiful scenery and historic building. We then moved across the street to the hotel's sarcena tower for dinner. It is an open-air venue with panoramic views of the ocean. Because Amalfi is tucked into a nook surrounded by mountains, you don't get a frontward view of the sunset but it is still a beautiful and romantic setting. The food and service was also perfect! We had about 30 people at the reception and everyone raved about the food and wine. The local wines paired perfectly with our menu and we felt very honored to be able to celebrate in such a beautiful place. We finished the evening with some dancing and the service never faltered -- a small task given our crazy American families!

I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding reception or any other celebration. We did not stay at the hotel but have heard it is amazing. I know dealing with the management with details of our wedding was a breeze so I'm sure the hotel accommodations are the same!

Visit Amalfi. It is a truly magical place!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren R
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2013

How much can one ask for in life? Blue sky and the simmering water when the bright sun shine hits the water. I was not hot nor cold, it was just perfectly comfortable with that right mediterranean weather. All of that happen right in front of you when you open the window of your bedroom. I guarantee you will step ouf of that window, walk to the balcony where you can embrace more sun shine and heat in the middle of winter which was a big deal for a Canadian like me. That was my experience when I checked in to the hotel on Dec 30 2013.

The enjoyment did not end there. The next day, I had fun chatting with the friendly staff during breakfast. That evening, I had an unbelievably memorable new year's eve ever with the hotel.

By new year morning of 2013, the staff already know me and know how I like my coffee. If you have not stayed there, I think it's every penny that you pay for. amalfi is not the cheapest place to spend your vacations, but if you have made it there, make every moment

Room Tip: 3rd floor is nice, the highest you are, the farther you are from the busy street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We were overwhelmed by the friendly, helpful staff at this hotel. They made what was a good choice of place to stay in Amalfi into an exceptional holiday. Cannot praise the experience enough. Coaching in italian (camere vinte sete!) was a highlight of our trip! Many thanks to all, from Pepe at the pool to the great reception staff, the ladies who looked after our room and the ever vigilant porters who retrieved our car from the car park on so many occasions. This review has been a long time coming (August 2012) but is, I hope, worth the wait!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We planned our wedding to be a private event in Amalfi Italy. This is a small village on the cliffs of the Amalfi coast. The Luna is a converted 11th century Cloister or Convent. Our room was directly over the courtyard and was two floors with two separate very large private patios. The views were spectacular. Service was excellent. The only meals we ate at the hotel were breakfasts. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to experience the magic of Amalfi.

Room Tip: Ask for the room directly overlooking the courtyard. If you get it, you have the best room in the e...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Fortunate enough to be upgraded to the freestanding stone building across the street. Only one room in the building. Huge balcony overlooking the water and pool. Resturant is below. Pool is just down the stairs and very clean.

Room Tip: Try to get the single room in the stone guard tower across the street. Amazing
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Excellent position and awesome views and most of the time smiling and helpful staff. The staff uniforms and particularly the restaurant staff uniforms were very tatty and in some cases badly needed replacing! The restaurant food was poor value and the fish had been frozen - I was shocked when I asked the waiter .... here when the produce could be fresh from the sea and the vegetables fresh from the local market .... the vegetables were disgusting and inedible .... very disappointed I was because to dine on the terrace everynight of my 6 night stay would have been gorgious. The local restaurants all had fresh seafood and vegetables!! The cleanliness of the rooms was poor with dirty marks on the walls and the floors could have done with a good wash and vacumm .... instead of using those old fashioned mops when the hairs are just swished from one side of the room to another. Very disappointed there was no internet in the rooms. I run my business (as many travellers do today) when I travel and need to have easy access to a good internet service ... having to go to the cloisters was time consuming and far from private!! I have stayed in numerous hotels with thick walls and they have internet access in the rooms and hotels who want to give their clients an up to date service do not charge extra for a connection ....... what a rip off this is and when told of the charge I had a very bad feeling towards the hotel management. The air con needs upgrading, at present this too is very poor for the quality of this hotel. I am well travelled and travel yearly in Italy and other parts of Europe for pleasure and business, and hope to return to Amalfi, however I will have 2nd thoughts of returning to this hotel. Sorry ... I hope management takes note and make improvements!! MargaretC

Room Tip: Top floors away from the road noise is best especailly if you enjoy having doors open at night.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends