“Amazing”

Santa Caterina Hotel
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We spent 5 nights at the hotel and cannot say enough great things about it. Our room overlooked the sea and the view was spectacular. The food was delicious, the employees were friendly, accommodating, and willing to please. The pool area was beautiful, the food there was delicious, and the service impeccable. I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel. Don't miss it!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and get a view of the water.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

After visiting 3 hotels this hotel it REDICULOUS... don't worry about the money just book it you will regret it if you don't! BTW this is the 1st review I have written on here... I felt I had to! The pool the food the view the staff the rooms the quality of everything is 100% perfection!!!

1  Thank West H
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this beautiful hotel for 3 nights in June. It's set in the picturesque backdrop of amalfi with amazing views throughout the hotel. The staff are exceptional. They are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are spacious, clean and well fitted. The private beach and beach club area provide the perfect escape for days of relaxation. The only slight disappointment we had about the hotel was dinner at the hotel restaurant. The food was, at best, bland and not exactly cheap. On the contrary breakfast was wonderful! We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Probably this is the best hotel in Amalfi coast with interesting history.The view from the Santa Caterina is breathtaking, overlooking the sea and the town of Amalfi. Nice pool with sea access and complimentary water by the pool. Beautiful garden, landscape, view while is having breakfast.Complimentary shuttle to Amalfi.The staff is really nice, they helped with everything.
Highly recommended Trattoria Da Ciccio Cielo Mare e Terra. Excellent food and service. They pick you up from the hotel and return of course.

Room Tip: room with sea view
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was exceptional!!!!!!!

You don't even need to read on, book this place now! :)

Staff - So welcoming and helpful throughout the stay. Excellent.

Rooms - Spotlessly clean, perfect in every way. Immaculate presentation like a display home.

Location - Easy to find and the most stunning views from the terrace and gardens. Seriously wow.

Food - Excellent overall menu. It was my girlfriends birthday, so the staff surprised us with a birthday cake and piano after dinner. No charge, but I did leave a personal tip at checkout.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

This was the most memorable experience I have had travelling. I doubt it could ever be topped but that would be ok with me! I disagree with the last review about decor, I thought it was exceptional and kept the authenticity of grandeur of classic luxury. Every piece of furniture was sublime, made you think about the craftsmanship. The bvlgari toiletries, the treats and fruit upon arrival, the absolute divine walk to the water through the lemon trees and bougainvillea were all perfect touches. The pool area you will lose your mind!! Set on the side of the ocean you take an elevator down and you can dive straight into the water or the ocean and snorkel! It was my 30th birthday and the grand piano player played happy birthday and they brought me a cake!!
The service fantastic!! I love love this place! I will return one day I hope!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overall, I think this is probably the best hotel to stay at in Amalfi, judging by the look of all the others while driving by them. That said, I don't think it is a great hotel overall. The best thing going for the hotel is it's location. It is a perfect distance from the town so as to drown out all the noise and maintain peace. The location also adds to the gorgeous views from the hotel terraces and some of the rooms. The second best thing is the staff, who were all too willing to help us with anything we needed. If spotted walking around the property, staff members were always ready to greet us with a smile, many by name. I will say that service on the terraces and restaurant was a little inattentive, but this may also have been the hotel's way of not being too intrusive. Food at the restaurant was delicious. The breakfast spread was just okay.

Coming to the negatives, the biggest the general upkeep of the property. This is a five star hotel, but I think it is way too overpriced for what you get. The hotel used to be the owners' family home at one point, with lots of history and stories to the property. But it could do with some major redecoration so as to give it the fresh look of a five star hotel, rather than the dated, bordering on tacky 1980s time capsule it seems to be stuck in. The rooms were rather austere, but clean. They were very small, which I guess is okay, given that the property is so old. The walls are paper thin, and this was something that bothered me very much. The sound of my neighbors showering kept me up on both nights. That, and the sheets, which are very rough and hard. I thought there was a minimum thread count required for five star status?

Overall, it was a pleasant experience, but could have been better.

3  Thank Tivolem
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amalfi
NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi
#2 of 29 in Amalfi
Le Sirenuse Hotel
Le Sirenuse Hotel
#8 of 38 in Positano

Been to Santa Caterina Hotel? Share your experiences!