“Lovely owner and super service”

Piazza Duomo Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #32 of 109 Restaurants in Amalfi
Price range: US$43 - US$99
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place and I have to say with the worst storms I have ever seen I don't see how the restaurant can be blamed for the TV going down during a world cup match. The lights on the whole coast went off! It's not fair writing reviews like that.

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

If you want to watch the World Cup or just enjoy the best steak ever. Come and visit. Superb food and excellent service 10/10.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Went in here with my boyfriend to watch a World Cup football game, and to have something small to eat and drink. The game was supposed to start at 18.00 and since they've had a "technical problem" with the tv, they showed the game from 18.30, and the owner blamed it on the "bad rainy weather".

We decided to order Capriciossa and 2 small plates to share. The waiter gets angry and yells that we must take one each, so I said I could take a salad, and he claimed that we each must take a main course.. He forced us to order things that we didn't want, and he stayed grumpy for the rest of the night.

The TV stopped working many times, which was extremely annoying for the watchers. The table charge was 2 euros for such terrible service.

The food is average. not anything memorable or spectacular.

1  Thank suchan7
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My family and I stopped here for lunch on a day trip to Amalfi from Sorrento. There were 8 of us in total and they accommodated for us with a shaded outdoor table and high chair for my young daughter.

The pizza was great as was the welcome and service.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We like this so much we are there the next night. The pasta was excellent, the staff most welcoming and the location in the square superb.