“Personable, punctual and the best kept secret!”

Sorrento First Choice Car Service
Ranked #1 of 41 Tours in Amalfi
More attraction details
Owner description: We are specialized in providing high class chauffeur driving limousine, van and minibuses; this is the ideal partner for your free time , both as individuals and in small groups. Our chauffeur services are reliable and very cost-effective. All of our vehicles are fully insured and well maintained. Drivers are english speaking. We want our clients to feel comfortable and have only positive experiences. This includes transfers to and from Sorrento coast, Naples, Positano, Amalfi Coast, Rome etc...
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We used Sorrento First Choice during our 4 day stay on the Amalfi coast and could't have asked for a better experience.

They were prompt and waiting for us at the Naples train station and drove us to our hotel on the coast. The car had wifi and the driver, Gerry, gave us so many great recommendations on places to eat and the best food in Sorrento.

We also booked Sorrento First Choice for a day long excursion to Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. Jean Lucca, our driver, for the day was incredibly knowledgable on the area and took us to the best spots for shopping, photographs and food. We wanted to eat something local at which point he drove us to a small farm owned by a family which had the BEST pizza and and pasta of our entire trip. The view was incredible and quite romantic.

Finally we had an early flight from Naples and Sorrento First choice was up at 4 am in the morning to get us back to the airport. It was safe, friendly and quite comfortable.

I would highly recommend hiring a car service to experience the coast as opposed to a tour bus. A car can easily navigate the winding roads and its far more personable then a tour bus. Plus, you get to see more of the attractions as a bus cannot fit on a majority of the roads along the coast.

We can't wait to go back to the coast and will completely use Sorrento First Choice again!

1  Thank NickiPatel
SorrentoFirstChoice, Direttore at Sorrento First Choice Car Service, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time, to write this wonderful words for our company, I'm so happy that you had great time with us, we try to do always our best to make sure that our clients are happy and that they never forget the great tours that we do.We hope you come back to Sorrento First Choice in Italy, where you will always find, not just a car service, but real, trustworthy people.

All reviews
"overlooking positano"
in 9 reviews
"always on time"
in 28 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 23 reviews
in 26 reviews
"last minute"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed 22 January 2014

After a long train ride with our 3 year old we couldn't have asked for anything better than our private tour along the Amalfi coast. Gerry our driver met us as we stepped off the train, helped with our luggage( there was plenty) and we were off. We booked a 6 hour tour (kept it shorter with 3 year old on board). He took us 1st to Amalfi and suggested we not leave without an icecream. Ok if we must. We then headed to Positano which took our breath away. Gerry was able to stop at a couple places along the way which still amazed us given the width of their roads. We felt very comfortable with Gerry and his knowledge of the tiny roads being a local. Happy to chat and tell stories about the towns and surroundings, we really got a feel for it. We ended at our accommodation in Sorrento. Gerry our driver suggested a local dish to try for dinner; gnocchi Alla sorrentino, so delish we have tried to make this back in Australia. We knew before he dropped us off at the hotel that we were going to ask him to come get us for our trip back to the train station. Wonderfully easy, super roomy and lots of room for all our luggage. Would go in style like this anytime, the most private little day tour for our family.
Nicole, Tom& Emilie (3 and a half she tells me..)

1  Thank NicTom2411

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Our group of 13, visiting Naples and Rome on a cruise wanted to pack in as much as possible in a one day stopover. On recommendation from a friend we contacted Gerry and advised him on relative short notice what we wanted to see and do. What we got was sensational! Gerry managed to hook us up with vehicles and drivers and guides without fuss and we saw things we wanted to see. plus more! the tours far exceeded our expectations with drivers who made us feel like a local being so friendly and knowlegeable, giving us ongoing information about everything. Gerry also arranged guides (and express entries to attractions) for Pomeii and the Vatican who were so experienced and accomodating we wanted to spend more time with them both. Without doubt, the tours were so personal - unlike being herded into busses like cattle - as per the trips organized by the cruise line - and for a group our size, so economical for all. For any sized group wanting the absolute best experience - regardless of how much time you have - this is the company to talk to. We fully intend to return soon to see more and these are the guys we're going to be calling!

1  Thank Philip L

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Our group of 4 were overwhelmed with the beauty of this trip,.much more than we expected.
The personal attention and careful explanations of what we saw were excellent. Our driver, guide
Stephanie could not have been better.
The price was quite fair for what we received.
Would use them again if I were there.

4  Thank Nedden2711
SorrentoFirstChoice, Proprietario at Sorrento First Choice Car Service, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I am reviewing my experience thus far. I will review again after I come back from Italy.
To me, customer service begins with the first contact and "Sorrento First Choice" understands that.
I contacted five companies asking for specific quotes, yet only 3 bothered to answer even though they all had five star ratings and/or "choice awards." Well, if a company can't be bothered to reply to an email, then I have to wonder if they will cut corners somewhere else. It's obvious that they don't think that they need to try to provide customer service since they have such high ratings, so I scratched those two off my list.

Of the three left, one company did not offer competitive pricing at all! There was nothing on their website or reviews that would justify paying 25% more than other high rated companies. I scratched that one off my list.

Of the two companies left, one gave me a quote for a private transfer dropping me off at a CITY CENTER! Not the hotel, but the city center. The drop off location was in small font so if I had not paid attention, I would have missed it and rightfully assumed that a private car would take me to my hotel, especially since I had asked for such a quote. In an even smaller font below, it stated that additional charges would apply for drop off at a hotel! I scratched that one off my list!

One company left, but nothing to compare it to....... so I found yet another high rating company and contacted both of them:
"Sorrento First Choice" answered me promptly and was personable and courteous.
The quote was detailed as well and I could not find any hidden disclaimers.
The cost was competitive as well. Unlike the other companies who acted as if they were doing me a favor, this company acted as if they appreciated being contacted.

The last company also had competitive prices and were polite when replying to my email requesting a quote. However, they never bothered to answer a couple of questions that I had on my second email. To me, that's not a good sign.
Just goes to show you that you can't rely solely on high ratings. If from the very beginning a company acts like you are bothering them, then it's time to move on to someone else.

I don't want to take any chances at all, so I'm going with Sorrento First Choice!
I hope that the rest of my experience with Sorrento First Choice and my Part II review of Sorrento First Choice is just as great.
By the way, I had been communicating with Gerry.

2  Thank ItalianAtHeart7