“Good ice cream - actually”
Review of Pianeta Del Gelato

Pianeta Del Gelato
Ranked #14 of 14 Dessert in Amalfi
Horsens, Denmark
“Good ice cream - actually”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We just one day wanted some ice cream for the kids and a couple of cappuccino. We got ourselves seated with all our shopping bags at one of the tables outside. This was a day with some occasional and heavy showers, and we were actually quite surprised when they did make quite an effort to move some of the umbrellas so they covered the table and kept us from being soaked.
The kids liked the ice cream very much and personally i think they made an excellent cappuccino.
When I read the very negative reviews of the place, I was quite astonished, because this was surely not the way I experienced it.
First of all there is a difference in Italy whether you take your food/drink at a table or standing/to go. Secondly this is the most popular place in Amalfi to sit and crowd-watch. Don't expect bargain prices.
Nothing in Amalfi is at a bargain - that's just the simple fact.

• Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Tunbridge Wells
“Not all bad”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Despite the bad reviews I was tempted by the nice flavours and was given a free sample by a nice man. I went back a few minutes later but was served by Mr Grumpy but for €3 got a yummy 2 flavour cone which was fine.

Ottawa, Canada
“I think the best ice cream in Amalfi!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is an ice cream parlor and I must admit to having tried at least three other places in Amalfi. I liked the ice cream here the best.

Visited September 2013
“RIP OFF AVOID At ALL COSTS”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stopped by this place while walking around in Amalfi and asked for one small cup and one small cone of gelato, assuming this would cost €4 given the €2 listed price for a small. The guy behind the counter demanded €9 and became indignant when I refused to pay that. He then scooped some out of my cone (and back into the tub) and offered that I pay €8. I said no, and he scooped even more out and offered €7. At this point I admitted defeat and gave €10, only to receive my change all in 10 cent coins.

In other words, don't go here unless you want to feel like a tourist who has just been taken advantage of.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank Gdb1986
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“ice cream 8 €??”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

ice cream 8 €?? crazy and rude man. do not take the ice cream here. These people give a bad image of amalfi

• Visited August 2013