“Incredibly good for the price”
Review of Hotel Aurora

Hotel Aurora
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 12 September 2013

When looking for a hotel in Amalfi we were weighing up cost (did it fall within budget), value (how much do you get for the price) and location (how well it was situated). This hotel was the best option compared to similarly priced rooms. Very reasonably priced, got a large double bedroom with balcony and sea view. Room was cleaned to a good standard everyday. Rooms are fairly basic as expected but very comfortable and clean (we was not in the room much apart from sleeping). Situated 5 - 10 minute walk from town (nice walk past the marina). Customer Service was excellent incredibly helpful and friendly staff. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ross L
AuroraAmalfi, Manager at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Ross L

Thank you for your review, please know that I will be passing on your positive comments to the rest of my team.
I was pleased that you found our bedrooms comfortable and clean.We do try to keep our prices competitive with other hotels in the area so this does make great value.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Our family with three boys (11,15, 17) had a wonderful time in this clean and nice hotel. The staff is very friendly. There is a parking in the hotel basement. It is a good idea to book in advance to avoid the very expensive parking in the city. Amalie is a great place to spend som days. It is nice for walking in the city and in the valley beyond the city. We rented a boat one day and went to Positano. That is a very good way to see the coast.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear TrondT
I was delighted to see that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the hotel to be great value, rooms comfortable, clean and breakfast to be of large variety, garage facilities and great location.
Please know that I will be passing on your feedback to team.
Happy family makes happy Hotel!
Warm regards

Reviewed 2 September 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, we weren't quite sure what to expect. The front entrance is modest. The reception is on the 1st floor, and we were immediately reassured. Once we were shown our rooms we were really happy. We went with my brother and his wife. Both our rooms, with generous balconies, were spacious, bright and spotless. The service at the hotel was excellent. The location was ideal, within minutes of the main hub of amalfi, but on the end of the route, by the harbour. Which meant it was quiet. I would recommend this hotel unreservedly.

Room Tip: Definitely a room with a balcony to make the most of the views, on the 1st floor. 135 on the end has...

Dear JillB_56
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I was really pleased to see that you had a great stay with us and found everything to be of an excellent standard.

Something we are working towards achieving consistently.Please know that I will be passing on your feedback to the rest of my team who will be delighted!

Hope to see you again

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed at the aurora for 5 relaxing days and received wonderful service in a hotel without many facilities. This did not detract from the simple informality of the hotel
Service went beyond the call of duty. We forget our ipad and Andrea promptly contacted us and made sure it was at our next hotel and emailed to ensure we had received it
If you are looking for a great location superb service this is the hotel for you

Room Tip: A sea facing room but the terrace and garden will compensate
1  Thank jamgill

Dear JamJill
I was pleased to learn that you had a great stay us. Staff is very reliable and they take care of all guests in any moment. I will be passing on your comments to them that will be pleased.
Best regards
Hotel Aurora - Man

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I chose this hotel because of the reviews in tripadvisor. But please do not choose it if you would like a nice room close to town. Courtyard rooms are terrible.
This hotel is very pricy and overrated. Location is not that good as you have a walk of 10 minutes to the town. And it is really pricy for just old dark rooms.
Their courtyard rooms are really dark and scary. Ours just had one window that opened to a wall. Really awful and claustrofobic!. I would not choose this hotel to stay in amalfi. Amalfi is a small town, so you can better stay in the town itself.

Room Tip: Never choose the courtyard room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
AuroraAmalfi, Manager at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

good morning
I am very sorry you complained about your stay with us, maybe because you have booked the cheapest accomodation, I guess. You suggested to travellers to find a room in the city centre omitting that all hotel located in the centre haven't sea view because they are closed in the city walls without considering the hustle and bustle night and day! Hotel Aurora is located on the Amalfi's bay at the end of promenade just 500 metres from city centre and we correctly specify the rooms we offer in the description on our web site. Anyway, we will be very happy to offer you a superior room with terrace overlooking the sea at the same rate of our basic accomodation to appreciate services and our helpful staff.
Best regards.
dcarrano@aurora-hotel.it

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Wonderful holiday at hotel Aurora.staff very helpful in every way.Will return with pleasure,great location.Worth paying for superior room.Staff recommended some excellent restaurants worth trying especially Il Taro.Breakfast was always very good.Rooms and bathrooms both spotless.Nothing was too much trouble and staff always courteous.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Donna E
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Hotel Aurora. I was delighted that you enjoyed our superior room located at top floor with a stunning view on the Amalfi bay. As I always do I have passed on your lovely words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.
Hotel Aurora -Man

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This hotel is great because it is located at the end of the street. Book in the middle and you will not get any sleep. The air conditioning worked great, which can be inconsistent in this part of the world. The staff was the best. I have visited expensive hotels from all over the world, but chose this one because of the reviews, and I must agree with them. Our veranda over looking the ocean was bigger than our room!!! The room is typical. I am an American, and we are spoiled by large lush hotel rooms, but those cannot be found here. This room is simple, clean, perfectly maintained, and all that one could ask. I can be hard to please when cleanliness is an issue, and I was comfortable here. Hot water was readily available. The included morning breakfast was outstanding. I would stay here again with complete confidence. You should probably bring your own hair dryer. The one in my room was tired. I took this picture from our veranda so you could see the view. The size of the veranda is huge.

Dear Guest
Many many thanks for this wonderful review which we really appreciate!!! I am very very proud of our staff and I will show them this review for sure. They all work hard to make your stay as pleasant as possible and it is so nice to hear when they succeed!! Thank you and please come again.
Daniela Carrano.