“We'll be back.”
Review of Hotel Aurora

Hotel Aurora
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife, her sister, and I stayed at the Hotel Aurora for five nights in early May. We chose the hotel based on a reasonable price, availability, and the individual reviews (not the overall rating) on Trip Advisor. After our experience there I can hardly believe this is (currently) only the 12th favorite hotel in Amalfi, according to the reviews. It was first-rate in all respects: impeccably clean room, 180-degree views of the Italian coast (get the terrace view), excellent, substantial breakfast.

Where I think the hotel may have an advantage on the others is that it isn't right on the road, the "coastiera," which is busy with traffic of all kinds, and so it's apparently significantly more quiet than many of the hotels that are currently rated higher on Trip Advisor. Hotel Aurora is easy to miss as you're driving into (and in our case through) Amalfi, because it's accessible only by a very low harbor road that, as it happens, is very convenient to the attractive town and to boat service to the other sights on the coast. Potential guests may imagine that they'll have better views if they're "higher" on the cliffside, but I don't think you could have a much better view than one gets at the Aurora. You get the cliffside behind you and the sea coast in front of you. Possibly the higher-rated hotels are "fancier" (??).

I want to say a special word about the staff. All were very helpful and attentive during our stay, including many suggestions that made us revise, helpfully, some of our less practical ideas. Then they did us an immense favor afterward, going to considerable trouble to mail us a scarf and shoulder bag that we had left in the room and that contained a good deal of money. Everything arrived intact, very conscientiously packed, once we had sorted out how to arrange delivery.

My one hesitation in writing this review is that I'm contributing to a reputation that may make Hotel Aurora better known and more popular. There's something in me that wants to keep this find to myself. But they were really good to us and made our week in Italy very special.

By the way, if you're hesitating between staying in Amalfi and in Positano, I think it's an easy choice. Positano is SO steep that you can hardly move and SO touristy that you hardly feel you're in Italy.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank t_martin68
AuroraAmalfi, Manager at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Martin 68
I cried for happiness when I read your comment .You have rewarded all our efforts!!!! my staff and I we could never thank you enough.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you on future visits to Amalfi.

All my best

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights. Had a top floor room with great sea views from the good sized terrace. All staff were very friendly and professional.
Located at the harbour end of the bay it was nicely quiet but easy to get to the towns restaurants, boats & buses.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jilllian

Good evening Jillian
many thanks for taking time to share your experience on TA. I will certainly pass such a positive comment to my staff. Hope you will come back to Aurora Hotel in the future.
Many thanks again and best regards.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have just returned after a brilliant holiday. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful, gave us advice on where to eat and where to go and even booked us on two tours. The room was very comfortable, spotlessly clean and all that we needed. Next time I would splash out and go for a room with a sea view but for those on a budget the room we had would be perfect.

Breakfast was more than I expected with cereal, fruit, cakes and a hot dish of scrambled eggs and bacon. Coffee was freshly made each time. The view from the terrace across the bay was beautiful.

The Aurora hotel is in an ideal location as the ferry leaves from Amalfi only 5 mins walk away. All tours seem to start at the town centre so no transfer from hotel and early start. The town offers lovely shops, plenty of great eating places and only 10 mins away. For those who like walking we went to the lookout high above the town and experienced amazing views.

I could not recommend the hotel more highly and if we return to Amalfi will certainly stay at the Aurora hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John T
AuroraAmalfi, Manager at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

good evening John T
thank you very much for the wonderful review you have given our Aurora Hotel, it is great to hear that you had such a great time in Amalfi enjoying restaurants , bars and amenities just few minutes walk from the Hotel. Your comments shall be passes onto the staff who are always happy to hear such positive responses. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Daniela carrano

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The Aurora is a fantastic place to escape to - all the staff are extremely friendly and helpful; the place is in excellent condition; the views (particularly from the upper rooms with terraces) are amazing; and eating breakfast on the terrace is a joy. The hotel is located near the marina, away from the traffic noise in the centre (five minutes slow walk). Like one or two other people, I would say the bed was on the hard side, but - also like them - this doesn't change my overall view of this wonderful place.

Room Tip: The rooms with terraces on the upper floors have the best locations - and sunbeds!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
AuroraAmalfi, Manager at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Traveller
Thank you for your review, I was pleased to see that you found the hotel to be great value, rooms comfortable, clean and breakfast to be of large variety.
Please know that I will be passing on your feedback to the rest of my team.
We look forward to welcoming you back a third time!
Kind regards

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The accommodations, the staff, the breakfast all all top notch! We had one of the top floor terrace rooms overlooking the ocean. It is breath-taking and we live on the water in beautiful Florida. I would love to sit out on that deck, smoke a cigar and write a book, perfect for all of that!

Room Tip: Get a top floor terrace ocean view. You will not regret it!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

So pleased to see that, your stay at the Aurora Hotel was to your satisfaction so much so you gave 5 Stars!!!!! Thanks again. The team will be very happy with such positive recognition. We look forward to seeing you on your visit.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

A perfect location in Amalfi close to Marina, restaurants, and transport. The staff at the Hotel were very friendly and helpful with all aspects of our stay. The breakfast was very enjoyable served on the verandah overlooking the beautiful vista of the Amalfi Coast. Thankyou to the staff for accommodating my dietary needs.
Like most of the Hotels in the area they do not have tea & coffee making facilities in your room which is a bit annoying . Terrible hair dryer supplied!

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room with ocean views NOT just a room with a view as the view could be of the s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your thorough and honest review. Your comments will be passed on to the team and improvements made where possible. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just got back from the Amalfi Coast and an entirely satisfying stay at this hotel. We had a room with a terrace the size of some NYC apartments. The staff was exceptionally helpful--really went beyond the call when we botched a tour plan we'd made. A major benefit of this hotel is that, while it's an easy walk to town, it is just slightly out of the fray, and it was exquisitely quiet as a result. The only aspect of the stay I wouldn't rave about was the bed, which was too hard. Not enough to bump a point from my rating of this excellent hotel.

2  Thank pattyBrooklyn_NY
AuroraAmalfi, Owner at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Good evening PattyBroo

What a wonderful review, we are delighted that you have left the Aurora Hotel so happy. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit please let me know if I can assist in any way .
Best regards