All reviews private beach reception manager sea view top floor amalfi coast terrace room superior room large terrace town centre ferry dock perfect location quiet area lovely hotel minute walk quiet at night sun terrace breakfast is served
Reviewed 7 June 2018

We had a room with balcony which turned out to be a huge terrace with magnificent views. Our room was lovely. The only complaint would be the shower screens on the outside needed a good clean & our room was unmade for 1 day BUT everything else was great. Breakfast was lovely with beautiful views when in the garden or the dining room. Service was excellent. Shower was difficult to get the perfect temperature. We enjoyed our stay

Room Tip: choose room double with a balcony & view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amanda F
AuroraAmalfi, Proprietario at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Amalnda f
Thank you for sharing your experience with your stay at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the hot breakfast and found the staff welcoming and friendly. We look forward to you staying with us again when you are in the area.

Hotel Aurora

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

How this is classed as 4 star is a disgrace. We paid €318 for one night where we got no sleep due to noise from other rooms. We complained and were offered a bottle of wine. Breakfast was disgusting and the general standards of the place is something akin to a youth hostel!

Never ever book this place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Leftism22

Dear Sir
as we told your travel agent we do not make refund if the baby next door was screamed because children at Aurora hotel are welcome as ever. So we offered a bootle of wine just in spirit of cooperation but you were so angry that you did not make breakfast!

Regards

Hotel Aurora

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Given all of the excellent reviews we read beforehand, maybe we entered a parallel universe when we arrived. But here is the truth on the ground: this hotel is a DUMP. The hotel is located literally by a dump, amidst a tractor, a construction site, a cheap snack bar, and a parking lot. The “beach” for which they have the nerve to charge 15E extra for entry is in reality a rock-strewn lot with a cracked cement slab on the water. The hotel itself has no AC in any public area. It is hot. There is no porter to help get bags up the multiple flights of stairs or into the tiny elevator. The rooms are close, and tiny. Ours has a wall unit that will stay on only 1) if you can leave your key behind in the slot when you go out (you can’t, you won’t be able to get back in) or 2) you shove a credit card in the slot. The shower is moldy and the water trickle constantly runs hot, then cold. The bed is hard. I can feel the springs. The wi-finis very spotty. I can’t comment on breakfast because despite having pre-paid for three nights here, we are going to leave early and dispute the charge based on the representation of the hotel on the site. To call this a four star hotel, even by local standards, is a total travesty. I tried to upload photos to show exactly what I have described but the feature is not working. It’s probably the wi-fi. Know before you go, and don’t.

Sent from my iPhone

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie Y
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear JulieEiluj4
thank you for your kind words staff and I will go on remembering how many people we made happy since 1959!
Best regards

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My family of 4 (21 & 25 yo kids) stayed here this week & we highly recommend. Based on reviews here, we booked ‘Superior’ rooms 30 & 31, w/spacious decks overlooking the harbor - lounge chairs & table/chairs. The hotel is spotless, the uniformed staff very professional, helpful, & courteous, & the gorgeous patio where breakfast is served overlooks the harbor as well. Free WiFi. Beautiful colorfully tiled bathrooms. Loved the breakfast selection - meats, eggs, juices, breads, pastries, yogurts, granola, fruit. I emailed ahead of time w/Andrea & Simon, who secured my rooms & booked me waterfront tables at da Ciccio Cielo Mare Terra & Marina Grande - both of which were stellar. Andrea also recommended the boat charter service we took to Capri for a day - Boats Amalfi - Da Gioacchino, which was 1st class. Amalfi harbor was a bit congested & busy, but hotel aurora’s quiet location at the end is perfect- easy stroll to the harbor. Phenomenal 1st time visit to Amalfi Coast! Thanks!

Note: as with our Rome hotels, no US connectors/converters, so we bought 4 black cube converters at AAA before our trip, which served us well.

Room Tip: Absolutely go for the Superior rooms with balconies.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah R
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Sarah R
I was thrilled that we met your expectations on your first visit in Amalfi and to The Aurora Hotel . I was very pleased that you got to try our lovely breakfast and that you enjoyed the facilities of the superior room we allocated you. I have passed on your feedback to my team and we all hope that you will come back soon, believe me it is a privilege for me to work with such a nice people like the Aurora staff. Hope you tasted 'spaghetti al cartoccio' at Ciccio Mare e Terra they were my favourite ones!
My best regards

Reviewed 25 May 2018

We stayed here for a week mid-May and we had a lovely time. I am always slightly anxious when we first arrive at a hotel just in case it doesn't live up to expectations and when we arrived I wasn’t over-keen on the look of the outside of the hotel (a car park) but inside the hotel itself is really lovely. We had a great room (14) with an amazing sea view and a lovely balcony. We enjoyed breakfast on the hotel terrace a few times but the weather wasn’t that great so we ate it in the hotel lounge the rest of the time. The breakfasts were nice, the hot food not always hot, but everything else was fine and they had a great coffee machine which made very creamy (and calorific) hot chocolate. We had a few beers in the bar before we went out for our evening meal a couple of times and price-wise it wasn’t too bad. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the cleaning ladies did an amazing job (don’t forget to tip them!) Special thanks to Andrew, one of the waiters, who pointed us (literally) in the direction of the most amazing restaurant that we would never have found (L’Abside) without his help.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trish36
AuroraAmalfi, Direttore at Hotel Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2018

Dear Trish36
Thanks you so much for leaving such detailed feedback following your stay with us at Aurora Hotel. I was thrilled to read your kind words and was delighted that we met your expectations . We pride ourselves on ensuring all of our guests only receiving the very best in service so I have already shared your feedback with my team. I was really glad that you go to try all of the services of the hotel including our bar service and the breakfast.
Please do come and stay with us again soon.
My best regards