US$503
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$593/night.

Free cancellation until 21/07
US$605
US$373
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$545/night.

Miramalfi Hotel(Amalfi)
US$420
US$398
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$637/night.

Villa Lara(Amalfi)
US$196
US$192
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$297/night.

Hotel Aurora(Amalfi)
US$255
US$242
Hotel Amalfi(Amalfi)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$205
US$192
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
US$396
US$285
US$277
US$269
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$299/night.

US$1,339
US$1,192
US$942
US$903
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,701/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 February 2009

We stayed in this hotel while on Honeymoon. We booked a Deluxe Room with Terrace and Seaview. We were greeted by the very unfriendly owner of the hotel. We were shown our room. I was shocked. It is the worst room I have ever stayed in. The room just fitted the bed. It has a sloped ceiling - I found it hard to stand. The bathroom was tiny. When I asked where the toilet was - I was told to pull back the shower curtain - and yes - the toilet was in the shower. I explained that there must be a mistake and that I had booked a deluxe room. I was told that this was a deluxe room. I explained that I was on honeymoon and that I would really like another room. I was told that they were all full. The experience was terrible. The room was dirty. I could not stand up in the shower because of the sloping ceiling. The water ran all over the toilet. Please do not stay at this hotel. I would hate anyone else to experience it.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ClareOC
Reviewed 15 October 2007

It was very difficult to locate the hotel and when we did eventually, it was very difficult to get anywhere near the hotel. When we were able to finally make contact with the hotel, we had to wait for someone to come and meet us on the road where we were parked. (if you do not have a cellphone,it will be very difficult to make contact). The entrance door to the hotel is right on the main road with no parking space at the curb. The traffic on this road is such that you need to be very careful not to get run over when coming out of the hotel. This is especially dangerous for children. There is no elevator and you need to climb 52 steps (taller than regular steps) to get to the top floor where the hotel is. As there is no elevator, they tied the suit cases and pulled them up via a pulley. The room was small but had a great view which is the only thing positive thing that can be said. The bathroom was very small and the shower was extremely rundown and dirty. The breakfast was just one cold crossant and cofee. Its the worst hotel that we had stayed in Italy during our two week trip and of the worst value. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sirmeone
Reviewed 19 September 2006

The B&B Residence Caprice was a really pleasant experience.
My friend and I were travelling around Europe, and Amalfi was definetly one of our top beach destinations. The beach had a beautiful mountain backdrop and the water was great.
We were relieved when we could see the hotel from the ferry we caught from Salerno, as we had to search for our other hotels. One problem though.....we couldnt find the entrance!! Needless to say, we eventually figured out it was in a very narrow tunnel (if you make a run for it, you can avoid getting run over!). After that, we were faced with a few flights of stairs to get to the actual hotel entrance (which because of a combo of the heat and 200 pounds of baggage, was not easy). In the end , I did appreciate the free exercise!
The staff was generally friendly, and most spoke english. Amalfi appears to be the place Romans go on holiday, so we only ran into a few non-italian tourists.
We had booked a room with a terrace, but didnt expect it to be as beautiful as it was. We had our very own terrace, beautifully designed, with a spectacular view. I recommend paying extra for it (it wasnt even that much more expensive). Word to the wise though, one couple told us they had booked for a terrace and had to spend the first day without one.
Breakfast was included and was pretty good. It was served on a general terrace with a great view.
The room was clean but a little cramped. Because we had a terrace, we had a slanted ceiling, even in the bathroom. We all know about european bathrooms, but this one took skill to wash in. I couldnt stand up in the shower area, but I eventually got the hang of showering that way. The toilet was IN the shower area, so we had to drape the curtain over it so it wouldnt get wet.
Other than that, the room was nice.
Keep in mind that it appeared that the buildings in amalfi seemed very "vertical" (because of the mountains), so you'll do a lot of stair climbing.
The ferry system is a little hectic (you have to beat the crowds to get on), but I recommend a day trip to some of the neighbouring places, like Positano. A british couple we met went to Capri, and they said that while it was beautiful, it was also crowded.

All in all, I would recommed this hotel. Good location and great view. For me, the terrace won me over as soon as I saw the view!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank flandaz
Reviewed 4 August 2006

I would agree with all the other reviews.
We too were given a room on arrival that appeared to be part of the family's accomodation. Not a problem really, were moved after a couple of nights to room 1. Room 1 is by reception, which isn't ideal because of the noise that can be heard (eg tel phone in the middle of the night). However, does have a juliet balcony overlooking the sea - absolutely lovely. Shower was v good. Breakfast basic, and can get v boring if stay for more than a few days (but I think Italy has basic breakfasts in general).
V helpful staff, receoptionist/cleaner helped us booked some train tickets online using hotel's computer.
I believe that Room 5 is the best room, so make sure to request in advance.
Overall, would definitely recommend this hotel, the views are worth the price alone. This is not some big corporate hotel, so don't expect the Ritz, but for 130 Euros a night, good value.

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank beadmeister
Reviewed 28 April 2006

Amalfi was the 4th stop on a three week tour that included Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Santorini ( Greece) and Athens. I think we paid 115E per night for a double. The hotel is very close to the port where the ferries dock. We had bought bus tickets and lined up for the Sita bus an hour early but when the bus came it was mayhem with everyone cramming on and we did not get on. So we walked over to the ferry port in Sorrento and one guy told us there were no ferries to Amalfi and to catch a bus back to the SITA station. We went to get a bus ticket and lo and behold another ferry company was selling ferry tickets to Amalfi so we learned our lesson and after that only accepted something was true after asking about 4 people and getting the same response. Anyway, the ferry was nicer than being crammed on a bus down a winding road anyway. The Caprice entrace is up a curving road to the left and up a few flights of stairs ( I think it is a given that you will climb stairs in Italy). The room was very nice and well equipped with a phone, tv, hairdyer etc. The shared terrace was really nice and we were often the only people out there. The bathroom was the only drawback. Very cramped and cave like. A word of caution, I wear glasses and took them off to shower and did not realize bc of the lowered ceiling that the shower curtain pools at the bottom and the drain is in the corner. you guessed it, I blocked the drain with the curtain and caused a flood- Ooops! I loved Amalfi and one day walked up to Ravello too. I'd suggest taking the bus though. it is a long uphill climb. We just headed for a walk to the east and found stairs that said "To Ravello" and decided to follow them. They lead to Ravello, but the signs tdon't say how far to Ravelllo and its far. I really enjoyed Amalfi though the beach it actually very tiny. I was there in April though so not a big deal for me.

• Stayed: April 2006