“Best Location”

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Shanghai Region, China
“Best Location”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great hotel, thats located in a historic building right on the seafront, but been tastefully refurbished and the bathroom etc, seems like brand new.
Very helpful reception staff who gave great directions etc for parking our car, arranged for local washing of our clothes (10Euro per Kilo),
Great breakfast location out on the terrace.
All in all a great hotel that I would highly recommend

Room Tip: we we're travelling with our 14 year old daughter. They we're unable to offer a direct sea v...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank patersonberry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here in this boutique hotel for 4 nights as part of a walking tour group. The hotel could not have been better. Our room on the 2nd floor was small, but quite roomy enough, and had a great view of the sea from our side balcony. There was adequate storage and the bathroom was new and modern, with a fantastic Jacuzzi shower and a heated towel rail, which was great for drying clothes. There was also an in-room safe. It was very quiet, with only one other room in our wing occupied. The floor is serviced by both staircase and lift; the latter never had much wait time.
The location is wonderful, being just across the road from the ferry terminal and very close to all the shops and restaurants and services. However, there was little noise from below once the balcony windows were closed.
We did not dine at the restaurant, but we did have drinks each evening. By the second night, the waiter had memorised all our preferences and he made great cocktails. Breakfast was served in the restaurant room, which flowed out onto the terrace overlooking the sea, although this was too cold for us most mornings. Breakfast was a buffet with an excellent mix of cereals, breads, fruits, meats, eggs and hot dishes.
All in all, this was a most pleasant stay in a small hotel where one is not overwhelmed by crowds but which has everything you would want from a large one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scottie2306
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I visited Amalfi coast with my friends and we stayed in this hotel. We were quite happy with the rooms and the service. The staff were really kind and helpful, they recommended several places for us to go and see, they made various reservations on our behalf and they were providing us with accurate instructions.
The hotel is a very convenient place to stay when visiting Amalfi.

The hotel is located in a walking distance to all main points of interest. The breakfast was good, the rooms were cleaned twice a day. The cleaning of the rooms was done very quickly and discreetly ; however this also has a downside for me. I would rather prefer to have available a 'do not disturb' tag (there seems not to be such option available) and use it while I don't want anyone to enter the room.
It happened twice that I left my things on the table and went for breakfast. Once back, the room was cleaned already. It wouldn't be practical to put everything in the safe, while on breakfast.

I also find the hotel a bit overpriced but I understand that the selected season impacts on prices as well. All in all, there is nothing really negative; just some small observations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Charis V
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel last week whilst attending a family wedding. Overall I liked the hotel, it's decor, situation and atmosphere. I stayed in a deluxe room which was nice but small and I didn't feel it warranted a 30% surcharge on the standard double which was in fact much larger.
The essentials I felt were missing were:
1. No full length mirror - to me this is essential and there is no excuse, there was plenty of space for one and they are inexpensive to install.
2. Only 1 light in the bathroom, not sufficient for putting make up on or for shaving.
3. No iron in the room nor available for guests to borrow. Why? they offer a laundry service, so, in my mind, the hotel withholds the iron to make more money from guests.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sian J
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here with my fiance recently for a few days before our wedding in the nearby Duomo. It is a very pleasant hotel, with the entrance nestled between two shops. It has a great interior full of dressings that relate to Amalfi's history, good friendly staff who are very helpful, they arranged for my fiances wedding dress to be pressed by a local laundry service, and they gave me and my wife free cold drinks when we were outside in the sweltering heat arguing with the local Amalfi car service!
They were also very accommodating, allowing our photographer take photos around the hotel. They provide a great breakfast service with a terrace looking out to the sea to enjoy. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, in all a good place to stay if you are visiting beautiful Amalfi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bangalow, Australia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here as part of a self-guided walking tour, so I don't know whether this hotel is good value for money, but I do know it provided excellent service, a wonderful breakfast which was eaten on the deck overlooking the ocean, and was just a short walk to central Amalfi with its many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ruth D
Stoughton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just got back from a week traveling in Italy. One of our stops was Amalfi and we stayed at the Hotel Residence. It was so nice. Easy walking distance from the boat that we took from Sorrento to Amalfi. The hotel was clean and well located. All the people who worked at the hotel were very pleasant and helpful and to our advantage spoke English very well. Especially helpful was the main desk who helped us get back to Rome. The breakfast was your average fare for buffet. So glad that I looked on tripadvisor to get the information on the hotels I selected.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple