“This is no cappuccino”

Bar Pasticceria Leone
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Amalfi
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I decided to try a cappuccino here, it was a disappointment. The cappuccino tasted like chocolate milk instead of coffee and good foam. Even in Amsterdam, where I live, you get better cappuccino in most places compared to this Italian bar. Not what you expect when in Italy.

1  Thank ReneLaterali
There are newer reviews for Bar Pasticceria Leone

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stopped here for a coffee and some breakfast. Cappuccino was delicious, I think it was one of my favourites of the week. Food wise, we'd taken out two mini meringues the night before which were amazing...and the lady who served us remembered us the next morning! I'm a vegetarian and have to keep a low fat diet...a tricky combination on holiday! They made me a sandwich with lettuce and tomato, toasted. It was so good....the tomatoes they used were so ripe and full of flavour that I didn't feel like I missed cheese at all. It was one of my favourite things that week, and the best sandwich believe it or not! We went back and took another two mini meringues that evening (mint ones), and they were even better than the first two! Take a stop there if you can.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Lovely for late afternoon drink and people watching.Nice to linger in the late afternoon sun after a day spent exploring all the myriad of small shops and other attractions

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We visited Bar de Leone and I must say that the pastries are good. But that's the only positive thing about this cafe. We wanted to drink our coffees standing at the bar, like the locals do. Everybody familiar with cafe bars in Italy will know that it is a lot cheaper than sitting down; also the terrace was not that nice and not in the sun.
The owner charged us 12 Euro for two coffees and two pastries, when we protested he changed it to 10 Euro. But, he said, you can sit anywhere you like.
So actually he refused to charge the normal standing up rate, just we were tourists.
Also. the cappuccino was horrible, cold and bitter.
Amalfi is a lovely town but this was a really bad experience!

1  Thank Juliadrusilla
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We enjoyed breakfast here every morning for the week we spent in Amalfi. The coffee is superb and the pastries very yummy! The couple who run the cafe are really lovely and welcoming. Bar Pasticceria Leone is a little bit up past the main piazza and so is not as crowded as the main cafes in the piazza (and with much tastier coffee). Our favourite time of the day was sitting here in the morning and watching Amalfi come alive each day! Also it is very popular with the locals. I highly recommend this place and hope that you enjoy it as much as we did!

9  Thank Aiki A