“Perfect host, great food”
Review of Gerry's Pub

Gerry's Pub
Ranked #23 of 109 Restaurants in Amalfi
Price range: US$24 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Gerry's pub is an ideal place for a quick snack or a for a full lunch or diner amdmiring the stunning view from our terrace!The home made pasta and the homegrown vegetables are the clear signs of a real local italian cuisine!In summer time (april/oct) the Gerry's pub is open till 2.00 Am and there is live music on wednesday and saturday . Please call us for a reservation and we will be happy to send our shuttle car to your hotel for a free ride to us!
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Excelsior May 10 - May 24 2014 and walked up to Gerry's Pub in Pogerola every night. The food, prepared by Gerry's sister Sylvana, is simply delicious and very affordable, as was the wine. Gerry was always there to greet us - perfect host, always attentive to our every need. We had the pleasure to hear him and Maria sing on a couple of occasions, one being for our wedding anniversary. When time came to leave after 2 weeks, it was very difficult to say goodbye! We look forward to coming back as soon as possible.
Grazie Gerry, Sylvana & Maria.

1  Thank JohnMarieJosee

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in one of Gerry's apartments. Two of his apartments (I believe he has 3) are located right beneath the restaurant and we were in the upper apartment. These two apartments have a large shared terrace and private balconies that stretch the entire length of the apartment. Great views of the hills. The apartments are relatively large with one bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom. Doors lead to the balcony in several places and there is a small table for two to enjoy the nice weather. The kitchen is relatively well equipped and we had no trouble cooking several of our meals here. The fridge was larger than most so storage wasn't a problem. The bathroom was large. My only complaint is that the shower could have been cleaner. I find this is a typical problem in Italy and if I were there longer, I would have just cleaned it myself. Not a deal-breaker by any means.

I was initially worried that there may be too much noise with the pub right above us. Gerry designed the apartment with the bedroom under the outside space and the bathroom under where music is played. We could hear the music in the apartment but it didn't bother us, particularly in the bedroom where it would matter. Not sure how it would be in the heat of the summer with the windows open. In July or August, I might opt for the lower apartment.

We did not have WiFi in the apartment so had to go up to Gerry's pub. He had no problem with us hanging out on our computers. Having to go upstairs is a bit of a pain, as is waiting until he opens (around 11) but we weren't trying to get work done so the slight inconvenience really didn't make a difference to us.

Pogerola is great. It is away from the madhouse of the coast and has free parking close by (trust me, this is important). Driving on the roads requires attention but really isn't a big deal. I wouldn't rent a large car but with a small car it wasn't an issue. We also took the bus up from Amalfi. Really easy.

We were most interested in walking. Gerry's is in a great location. One day, we just walked from Pogerola, into the Valle della Ferriere and into Amalfi. We took a wrong turn initially (left instead of straight) which resulted in a much longer walk than we had anticipated. Another day, we drove towards the end of the peninsula to walk. If we were there longer, we would have taken several other hikes, starting in Pogerola.

We didn't eat properly at Gerry's but did have drinks and appetizers there. Prices were quite reasonable. Gerry speaks excellent English and he is very helpful and friendly. He is there 7 days/week for months on end so if you go to Gerry's pub, you will meet him and his wife. He is happy to arrange transportation and tours or to just answer your questions. He also appears to be related to half the town. People seemed particularly nice when they found out we were staying at Gerry's apartment.

We had initially booked a trip to Gerry's apartments 3 years ago but had to cancel due to an illness. So glad we finally made it. We are already planning our return trip.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very friendly and welcoming. Prices and measures very good!! DIdn't eat as stayed in a hotel but menu looked good and varied

rhinoss, Proprietario at Gerry's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

hello my friends
all the gerry's pub staff wanted to say thanks and we reallty hope that one day you will come back in our place to try some of our homedade pasta as the Lasagna or a nice grilled fresh fish

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed one week in Pogerola and visited Gerry's pub twice for a dinner. Both were pleasant experiences. The second visit included also live music. Gerry played keybaords, sang and his lovely waitress sang with incredible voice. We enjoyed a lot.

Gerry also helped us to do airline check-in and print boarding passes when we were leaving Pogerola.

rhinoss, Proprietario at Gerry's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

hello my friends thanks very much for your nice review and i was very happy to give you all the help and support to make your holiday even better.
hoping to meet you again soon all the best in the meantime

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We came here two years ago when we were staying in Amalfi, this time we travelled from Scala and received a warm welcome From Gerry and his sister,the food was up to the excellence we remembered, the Bruschetta I had was packed with flavour. Great value, great views and company.Gerry did suggest if we wanted a late night he could arrange a taxi back to Scala, such a good customer service.

hello my friends
we were all very happy to meet you again and we wish to see you soon