“Beautifull location and great hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel La Ninfa

Hotel La Ninfa
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Hobart, Australia
“Beautifull location and great hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

This hotel is situated in a very beautiful part of Italy .. I found the staff a great resource of local information of where to eat, what to see and how best to get there ... nothing was to much trouble for them to enable you to have the best possible exsperience holiday

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rosanne59

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

This hotel is such a great place. It is absolutely beautiful. It's right on the coast where you can watch the sunrise over the mediterranean sea and there's also a beach right below. The owner is fantastic, friendly, and helpful- he will personally help you in any way and make sure your stay is great. The Italian breakfast each morning is really good and you will miss it when you leave! It's just like a dream.

1 Thank mrsmal87
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

Well, I arrived at La Ninfa with my friend late in the evening, to be told my luggage was at Naples airport!!! I'm holding this(as I thought my suitcase) saying no I have it here, where upon my friend said no..thats not your suitcase it's at the airport , you've picked up the wrong suitcase!!! disaster....no Maurizio came to the rescue and without me having to do anything organised my suitcase to be sent to the hotel the next day(and being a Sunday in Italy that was a miracle) The views from the Hotel are stunning, our room was fresh and clean and everything we needeed, I just wish I'd upgraded to a room with a seaview as they were stunning.
Breakfast was great for all with a sweet tooth, the crouisants were to die for, my only minor negative thing I could say was I'd love to have a choice of a savoury dish for breakfast.
Would I go back...definately, and I'd make sure I booked a room with a view, Thank you Maurizio for making our stay so enjoyable, Heather & Pat

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

The Hotel La Ninfa is a little jewel perched high on the cliffs of Amalfi. The rooms are simple but exceptionally clean with all the comforts required. The general area is great for a drink and is a beautiful location for breakfast. Breakfast is simple but they had the best croissants I have ever had. Great essprsso also. Away from the main town of Amalfi but a bus passes the front door so getting around is a breeze. Carmen was especially helpful. Ask them to arrange for a dinner at La Taverna dei Briganti. You will be amazed. We were! The walk to the private beach is a must. The swimming was supurb.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaffaGoldCoast
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

In a nutshell, this hotel has it all; the stunning views from way up high, over-looking the sea, extremely friendly staff who ensure you feel welcome, very reasonable prices, delicious breakfasts (for those croissant lovers out there - you're in for a treat!) and it's in a great location; just fifteen minutes walk to Amalfi town and a 20-30 minute bus ride to Ravello, which boasts some beautiful gardens and many a high quality cafe.

The Junior Suite was simply phenomenal. The jacuzzi is heaven sent and the view you get whilst looking out from either the bedroom or bathroom is magnificent.
The room was very clean, fresh, nicely decorated and modern.

The private beach is another big bonus to this hotel. ok, so it may be over 450 steps to get down there but it's well worth it. lovely beach bar/cafe, serene and tranquil surroundings await you. You can pay 15 euro's for a lift/elevator to/from the beach (deal also includes a sun lounger for the day), however, if you're not too scared of heights and don't mind a bit of walk then give it a go. You're guaranteed some really breath-taking views.

also, any pizza lovers are also in the right place. You can wine and dine in the hotel and the freshly made stone baked pizzas are a mere 7 euros and very generous in size (great quality too!). Maurizio - the great guy that he is, goes and picks them up for you from the local pizzeria. top nosh!

All in all - you will certainly make the correct choice if you decided to stay here whilst on the Amalfi Coast! It is the place to stay!

1 Thank DanZare_10
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

While planning a surprise honeymoon location for my fiancee and I, I came across Hotel La Ninfa's website. I was instantly taken with the breathtaking views and the great reviews I found about the hotel.
When my wife and I arrived (Late due to traveling), Maurizzio (owner) met us as we came in the door, calling us by name. He showed us to our room, gave us a tour of the hotel, and even had placed a complimentary bottle of wine in our room to celebrate our honeymoon. Our room was fabulous! We had gotten the Junior Suite, which had huge glass windows along the coast side of our room, a little stairway to the bathroom, which had a hot tub/shower which overlooked the Mediterranean as well as the basic amenities of a bathroom. The entire room had decorative tile flooring and was simply wonderful. Our personal balcony actually hung out over the cliff, looking straight down at the beach far below. As for the hotel itself, it only had 10-12 rooms, allowing a personal touch not available anywhere else. Another HUGE perk to staying here was the free access to the beach (474 stairs down the side of a cliff that really make you enjoy the Sea :-D ). Other hotels we saw did not have a beach and some actually had sea side POOLS! What in the world would people want a POOL for when you're at the Mediterranean Sea!???
Hotel La Ninfa went above and beyond the call of duty. It was not simply a hotel. It was a home away from home while we were there. Thank You Guys! Gratzie!!!

1 Thank ErichDavid
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

We were tired from traveling all over Italia. Amalfi was supposed to be relaxation and we were exhausted & ready to leave when we got there. The bus driver dropped us at La Ninfa and we rung the bell. Enter Maurizio. He knew we were tired. He knew we were sick of running around. He offered us a drink & we settled in. It was late to go into town for dinner, but our host turned us on to the pizzeria 100 m up the road. Best damn pizza I had in Italia (buffalo mozzarella) followed by a local treat: limoncello. By the time we got back to our room, all was warm & well and we listened to the waves lap the rocks below our cliff-side patio... & after a soak in the tub, I had the deepest sleep after weeks on the road. We woke up unwound and walked up stairs for breakfast... & fell in love with the La Ninfa cappuccino. Staring at the marine layer reminded me what vacation was really about. We walked down to Amalfi a couple of times, but most of our time was spent at La Ninfa & the pizzeria up the road... because we found what we were looking for right there. We wrapped up our 2 week trip through Italia with a relaxing, romantic bow courtesy of La Ninfa. Simpatico.

1 Thank TheLYLE