“Just perfect”
Review of Floridiana Hotel

Floridiana Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel 19-27 September and with my boyfriend. We had high expectations of the hotel after reading Trip Advisor reviews but were still really impressed with it. Agnese and the other hotel staff are incredibly helpful and very friendly. Nothing we asked them annoyed them (as far as they let on...) and they were always willing to help further.

We stayed in room 1, which being next to reception could be quite noisy but this only bothered me as I'm such a light sleeper and certainly didn't phase my boyfriend who wasn't woken by any noise outside the room.

The breakfast room is beautiful and the food is incredible, I wish I could eat the fried pasta and filo pastry pies every day!

Location wise, it couldn't be better. It's 2 minutes from the beach but secluded enough to feel private. We had a balcony which was overlooked the busy shops and restaurants- although completely soundproof when the door was shut which was excellent. The rooftop terrace is fantastic and we spent many lazy days & nights there.

We booked one trip through the hotel and was very easy & straightforward. If I go to Amalfi again, i'll most certainly be staying there.

Thank you Agnese & everyone!

Room Tip: Room 1 has a fanstic balcony overlooking the hustle & bustle - the doors are sound proof too. As...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Beccakins587

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed at the Floridiana Hotel in July 2013 with my wife and 21 year old daughter. The location is excellent, in the heart of Amalfi, but secluded in a courtyard up a flight of stairs. Agnese and her staff were wonderful. The room with attached bathroom was very large. The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious. The rooftop terrace was a lovely place to have a drink at the end of the day, with beautiful views of Amalfi. Agnese was so helpful with everything, including recommendations for restaurants and places to go, arranging transportation. My wife's mother became ill during the trip and Agnese was so supportive, even offering to let us use her phone for calls to the US. There are two great guys who help carry the luggage up the steps to the hotel. I also recommend a day trip to nearby Ravello.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jkauf99
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We recently stayed at this wonderful hotel in Amalfi for 10 days. From the minute we went off the busy main street and into the quiet courtyard everything was perfect. The hotel is spotless, comfortable and above all very peaceful (due to the excellent double glazing!). The staff are wonderful and made us feel so welcome. One great benefit of this hotel is that a couple of minutes from the door and you are in the centre of Amalfi with an excellent selection of restaurants.

Amalfi itself is a brilliant base to go on day trips around the area without all the upheaval of moving hotels. We visited Sorrento, Ravello, Capri, Pompeii, Positano etc, etc. After a day sightseeing or a walk through the forest, you can relax in the Jacuzzi on the roof terrace. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Fantastic location, clean, welcoming, peaceful, relaxing but most of all, the brilliant staff who make you feel special from the minute you arrive. Best hotel I have stayed in and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are excellent due to fantastic double glazing and shutters.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CalC945
Reviewed 29 August 2013

A perfect hotel any way you look at it - great location just minutes from the beach, restaurants, buses and ferries, helpful and friendly staff, spotless facility, large rooms and all for a very reasonable price. I can't recommend it highly enough. We would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Serge C
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in July just after our wedding. This is such a lovely little hotel with only 13 or 14 bedrooms down a little alley off one of the main roads in Amalfi, near the square and beach. We stayed in the Junior Suite which was spacious, clean and comfortable with a jacuzzi bath upstairs and a shower downstairs. This hotel has a beautiful old breakfast room and the rooms are beautifully tiled. It's small, very friendly and just has a really nice feel to it. Originally I wanted to book a hotel with a swimming pool but many of them are much more expensive than this one which has other advantages such as being right in the centre of Amalfi. This hotel has a pretty roof terrace on the top and I spent one late afternoon sunbathing there and sitting in the Jacuzzi. I was on my own for most of the 2 hours I was there and it was a lovely warm afternoon. The breakfast was very good with lots of choice ,no fry ups but little quiches and savoury tarts, sundried tomatoes, cheese, salami etc as well a good choice of cereals, croissants, pastries, fruit, yoghurt and boiled eggs. The staff were very friendly and the Manageress came round personally for a chat each morning at breakfast. We were even given a little limoncello as a present when we left and there was a bottle of prosecco in our room on arrival (being a honeymoon couple!). There were always little chocolates in the room as well. Amalfi and Ravello are beautiful places to stay with sea, mountains, gorgeous bright flowers and greenery, Cathedrals, lovely places to eat, islands such as Capri and culture if you would like to go to Pompeii or Herculaneum. I would really recommend this hotel for a great, personal service. We would defiinitely go again! It's not the hotel for you if you would like a great view, a swimming pool or a plush 5***** experience. But as you don't have these things, you get so much more for your money.

Room Tip: I've marked the restaurant as excellent. By that I mean the breakfast. We were in the Junior Sui...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 820Noelle68
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Hotel Floridiana is tucked away just off the main square, up a little alley. Clean and comfortable, good value, good location and very helpful staff. No views. I would highly recommend this hotel for location and value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Overall, the hotel was great. The staff were very helpful and the room was beautiful and very roomy. the only downside was the lack of a view and carpeting, however I would highly recommend this hotel and definitely return. The continental breakfast was great and the room was spotless. Again, the staff was very helpful and answered many questions about Amalfi and gave recommendations for many excellent restaurants. If I ever went back to the Amalfi coast, I would be sure to return to this hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family