“Wonderful and VERY CLEAN”
Review of Floridiana Hotel

Floridiana Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I am a traveler that usually bypass reviews. This time I looked for a hotel in this region. I will say that I am glad I did. The service in this small hotel is wonderful. The fact that when you call you can talk with the owner and she will help you with anything you need.. "when was the last time you could do this" Upon our arrival, we parked the car and the hotel sent their baggage service to take our bags straight to the hotel. I have stayed at many hotels in Europe and I can says that this one was the cleanest and modern of all. Please try this hotel... you can't beat the location and the PRICE is amazing giving the location. I have priced other hotels and they are double the price. Keep doing what you are doing and we will be back..

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 June 2009

My boyfriend and I shared a junior suite here whilst visiting for a long weekend. It was huge, with a staircase going up from the bedroom to an area with a jacuzzi. I had heard so many stories about how expensive Amalfi is so was really surprised when I found out how reasonable the prices are at Floridiana. As well as having a lovely room, the location is perfect, the staff extremely helpful, and the breakfast is yummy! For any of my friends or family who visit Amalfi I will insist that they stay here.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 June 2009

It's not surprising that Hotel Floridiana is #1 in Amalfi; it's perfect. I would definitely call the hotel when you arrive in Amalfi if your baggage is heavy as their luggage service is excellent. We missed the hotel (keep looking right and UP for the traffic light) but everyone in Amalfi knows Floridiana and are happy to redirect you. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the room was comfortable with great lighting, breakfast was wonderful, complimentary internet was included and the staff were outstanding. Although we would have liked a superior room with a larger shower, Room 5 was perfect. Our favourite memory of our entire Italy trip is a lovely afternoon siesta with the shutters open, looking out the window at the orange trees, listening to people quietly talking and whistling, children playing, birds singing (Italian of course), roosters crowing, dogs barking and the church bells ringing every 15 minutes. This is the "real" Italy we were looking for and we loved the people, the town, all the gelatto shops and the waterfront of Amalfi. Amalfi was the perfect base for us to visit Ravello, Positano, Atrani, Maiori and Minori. We bought a 3 day bus pass for 15,00 and a one way ferry trip to Positano was 6,00. If you plan on visiting Positano I would recommend taking the bus to Positano, walking down to the beach and taking the ferry back. The views from the top of Positano are breathtaking but the climb up from the beach is breath robbing! The views from Villa Cimbrone (6,00) and Villa Ruffalo (5,00) in Ravello are not to be missed, a definite highlight of the trip.

Our favourite meal of the trip was at Le Palme in Atrani; excellent food and service plus the views on the short walk were spectacular. We also enjoyed Donna Stella in Amalfi which is a place you really have to look for as it's off the beaten path. Although we really enjoyed the food and service the best part was the surroundings; the tables are set up surrounded by walls of jasmine, a roof of lemon trees and tubs of hydrangea with laundry drying on a line in the background. We visited the local grocer a few shops away from Floridiana for amazing ham and also bought local honey, candy, jams and marmalade for gifts. We visited one of the many bakeries for croissants and put together a little picnic lunch to enjoy on our outings and also on our train journey.

When we left the luggage service took our cases right down to the bus terminal, very convenient. I would go back and do it all again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SengaMilne
Reviewed 2 June 2009

All the reviews of this hotel are absolutely justified! The tiny Agnes is totally devoted and passionate about her hotel and has a strong team of lovely people to help her make your stay a totally relaxing experience. The location of the hotel makes it perfect for exploring the magical town of Amalfi (I would recommned the tour arranged by the hotel as you will learn loads about Amalfi from a local person). It is also a very short walk down to the harbour and bus terminus making trips to Ravello, Positano and other neighbouring towns easy. We stayed in the junior suite which has been justifyably praised in other reviews, I would add that the perfect end to a busy day walking up and down steps is a soak in the jacuzzi bath listening to the church bells chime . . perfect !

Agnes advised us of a walk down from Ravello starting at the back of Villa Cimbrone (also very worth a visit). The walk was a reasonably difficult descent down steps and through lemon groves and left us with very aching calves the next day but I would not have missed it as it gave us a real insight into the daily lives of local people and brought us out in a lovely square in Atrani for lunch. The best restaurant we found in Amalfi was Meme, with a huge menu and a lovely atmosphere I would very much recommend a visit.

All in all, a wonderful short break in a beautiful part of Italy. Thank you Agnes, Eva, Luigi and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ceska
Reviewed 1 June 2009

i read a lot of the reviews on this hotel and I found them to be absolutely true. would totally recommend it, very helpful people, really good breakfast and rooms were great too. enjoy!

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2009

This was a great find. The hotel deserved the award they won from Tripadvisor for being one of the best-valued hotels in the world. The rooms, with lots of silk, look like they were recently redecorated. Two of us had a “superior” room, and the other two ladies stayed in a suite. The suite is a duplex with a private whirlpool tub on the upper level; the suite is an incredible value. The bathrooms in both rooms were modern and dramatic with blue tinted light. They provide tissues in the bathrooms -- something I rarely see in Europe outside an American style hotel. Agnese and Eva were both wonderful hosts. Breakfast was good and is served in a beautiful room. A computer is located in the breakfast room where you may access the internet at no charge. I was expecting to be woken up each morning by the church bells, but the windows are soundproofed well enough that I didn't hear them. Note that there are some steep steps leading to the hotel, but if you're on the Amalfi Coast, you should be prepared for steps regardless. Our favorite restaurant in Amalfi was Il Teatro...worth the effort to find it up an alley, but not far from the hotel. The food was quite good (especially the pizza) and was reasonably priced. If you are there on Sunday, I suggest you take the tour of Amalfi that was recommended by Agnese...I found it worthwhile. If you don't take the tour, be sure to stop into the cathedral and go down to the museum and crypt.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelswithdiane
Reviewed 15 May 2009

There is a reason that Hotel Floridiana is TripAdvisor's #1 rated hotel in Amalfi. It is wonderful in every way, and a true bargain. It is perfectly located, only steps (quite literally -- it is two short flights of stone stairs up) from the Piazza Duomo, the medieval town square. The hotel is lovely, with an ornate breakfast room, comfortable front lobby, and charming, well-appointed rooms. My husband and I stayed for three nights the week after Easter, and fell in love with Amalfi and with Hotel Floridiana.

Our room was on two levels, with a comfortable queen-size bed, shower-only bathroom (but with bidet, of course), a writing desk, TV and refrigerator/mini-bar downstairs, and a loft sitting area (with fold-out bed) that led out to our private balcony. The front desk staff are amazingly friendly, knowledgeable, and are fluent in English. Both Agnese and Eva are terrific -- I truly can't say enough nice things about them both. Don't hesitate to ask for daytrip advice, dining recommendations, or just to chat with them.

While we were in Amalfi, we visited the towns of Ravello, Positano, and Atrani. We did not have a car, and I would strongly recommend not doing your own driving -- the Amalfi Drive is only for drivers with nerves of steel! But both the bus system (SITA) and the ferries are convenient and run frequently, and Amalfi is a major transportation hub.

We feel that Amalfi was the perfect home base to explore the Amalfi Coast. (We started our vacation with two nights in Naples and ended with two nights in Capri.) Amalfi is compact and not hilly like picturesque Positano. And if you do decide to stay in Amalfi, definitely reserve a room at Hotel Floridiana!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple