“Charming Hotel With A+ Service”
Review of La Pergola Hotel

La Pergola Hotel
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Amalfi
Reviewed 11 May 2009

La Pergola is a 5 to 10 min bus or taxi drive from Amalfi proper. After a day of hustle and bustle of Amalfi, La Pergola is an oasis of quiet. The food is very good and fresh, the rooms clean and the bar on the roof is an absolute delight, as it is situated under the lemon groves of the family farm. There are two exceptional rooms with large sunning areas. Daniele is an absolutely fantastic host. We stumbled across this hotel while on our honeymoon and was able to partake of a tour and home cooked meal. We will be certain to take a few days to stay at this hotel the next visit to the coast.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kashmirohio
There are newer reviews for La Pergola Hotel

Reviewed 6 January 2009

A great little family run hotel that is clean and has great home cooked food.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 January 2009

We stayed at La Pergola for the second leg of our Anniversary holiday in September 2008. It was a pleasant, clean and friendly little hotel which I would be happy to recommend to anyone looking for somewhere right on the Amalfi Coast which is relatively inexpensive ( bearing in mind that many Amalfi hotels are very dear)
We arrived at La Pergola following 4 nights in a really posh hotel, which possibly made it seem a little more ordinary by comparison.
The room was a classed as " superior" , but I considered it to be very basic, with a bit of a wonky shower that kept falling off, and the room was rather dark. It was however clean and the bed was comfortable.
We could not have the terrace door/ windows open at night due to road noise ( the hotel is literally right on the coastal road, and as it's on a bend, most buses sound their horns as they approach)
Parking is available for about 10 Euros per day-essential as theres nowhere else to park there!
There is a small,beach across the road- be prepared for the long walk down- I think I lost count at about 300 steps!
The home made limoncello is not to be missed.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BellaNorthSomerset
Reviewed 20 October 2008

This hotel is wonderful. The service you receive from the owners, workers, etc is second to none. I have never been treated so well at a hotel in my life. I can't say enough about these people. I also will tell you that there is no reason to go anywhere else to eat as the food here is wonderful. The fish and tomato salad I had were excellent. The chocolate lava cake was the best I have probably had. I had walked up the road to eat at the pizza ristorante and the pizza was just ok. But, others told me that their pasta was very good. But why leave this hotel! I also ate at the Il Hotel Sareceno up the road with friends staying there and the food there was wonderful as well. But, not sure if they accomodate people from outside the hotel as I could not get a bill separate from my friends. My room was spacious and very clean. The only nitpick I have is that the road noice is intrusive. You can not sleep with the window open and I had diffculty with the AC getting the room cool enough. So staying here in the summer may be difficult, but dont let that deter you. Also, the hotel is in an inlet. You can see the sea from the hotel, but you are not right on the sea front. But, for the money, you can not beat this place. The hotel helped me get in a Pompeii tour at the last minute, get around on the bus, etc. No request was too small. Stay here, you won't be disappointed. I met a couple there and this was their second stay. They have many different types of rooms and they had a balcony with cover. So, just advise what type of room you need. If you need to get to this hotel, I do recommend taking a bus from the Naples airport to Sorrento and then the Sita bus right to the door of this hotel. Total cost 16Euros. You can also take a ferry from Naples to Amalfi and then a Sita bus to the hotel for about the same money. Maybe 18Euros. The ferries are more limited in their schedule, but are a bit faster. However, the ride from Naples to the hotel is a beautiful one. Took me about 3 hrs and 15 minutes from Naples via buses.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank NYTraveler1717
Reviewed 22 July 2008

Great location just a mile from the main town. Regular buses outside every half hour or so make journey in quite easy.
A beach is also just outside although its a trying trip down stairs to get to it.
The hotel room itself (Superior) was clean as you'd want it with a great room. Only disappointment was that the balcony we had (room 15) did not have room for table and chairs as we thought and that the road outside was noisy. Traffic outside dies down at nightfall however and the buses don't beep their hooters when dark!
The breakfast was great, we always would fill ourselves up before heading out for the day and the staff were always available to help us with our annoying questions!
Great lemon sorbet too!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank marcymarc24
Reviewed 26 May 2008

We stayed at La pergola for 5 nights. 2 adults and one 14 year old girl. The hotel was lovely, not luxurious but pretty good for a 3 star. It is actually quite a distance from anywhere; you cant walk anywhere you have to take buses. They run very regularly from right out the front of the hotel and are nearly always full but very good service. Alalfi is 5 min bus ride from hotel, Sorrento is 40 mins. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it was great.

1  Thank iwishAustralia
Reviewed 21 November 2007

My boyfriend and I had originally booked one night's stay in La Pergola Hotel as part of a two week road trip around Italy in October. Within an hour of our arrival at the hotel, having seen the spotlessly clean bedrooms, the beautiful location and having smelt the delicious aromas coming from the dining room, we immediately booked in for two extra nights. The staff were incredibly helpful during our stay, and we were made to feel very welcome. The hotel is a great spot from which to tour the nearby villages of Amalfi & gorgeous Ravello and Pompeii is just over an hour's drive away over the mountains. As a rule, we don't tend to eat dinner in the hotels we stay in, preferring to try out local restaurants instead. However, after eating in La Pergola hotel on our first night, we had no desire to deviate from the homely and authentic meals served up in Pergola's dining room. We, very reluctantly, left Hotel Pergola after three fabulous days and nights.... definitely one of the highlights and most definitely THE best value for money of all the hotels of our road trip!

Stayed: October 2007